Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by 1katiescarlett on Mar 31, 11 11:29 PM
I try to read what others are saaying about a game and have learned to try before I buy. Thank goodness.

Alot of you loved this game, I for one did not.
I was not overly impressed with the graphics and the laughing in the background was terribly annoying... Plus the game didnt really let you think for yourself. It was go here, get this, do that , move on. I am gonna pass. Hope something I really like comes along soon.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Mar 31, 11 11:39 PM
eh...I'm not feeling it, and it will not be a buy for me. I even went back and re-played more of my remaining trial to make sure of how I felt; since all the reviews are soooooooo glowing, thought I had missed something.
But, again...eh, still not caring for it.
I find the graphics to be -just- OK; nothing special, and they felt dated. I don't believe the gameplay is worthy of a CE either.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Mar 31, 11 11:41 PM
I found this game almost worth the price just for the graphics: they are beautiful and create a wonderful world. Having said that, however, I found what others are describing as "handholding" a real disappointment. The game had almost no challenges because you are always being told what to do: "Use your healing power, princess" (yeah, I got it the first time), "use four keys here" (yeah, hold your horses; I just need to find the fourth), etc. That was really disappointing because I found the first game in this series more challenging and expected better. I also am a bit annoyed with myself for having bought the CE, both because the game is quite short and because the bonus game is just a solo variant of mankala, which I would prefer to play with someone else if I'm going to play it. I will be a bit more cautious about purchasing the promised sequel, especially if it's a CE.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 31, 11 11:49 PM
I still enjoyed this game, sparkles and all...this is the one time I would have loved some screen savers, lol. So beautiful, and I loved the sound effects as well as the music. I didn't use the SG...the few times I wasn't quite sure where to go, a hint told me where I needed to look, and it was just a matter of finding my way there. The scenes were so lovely I honestly didn't mind if I took a wrong turn, lol. Worth the price to me, and I am looking forward to the next one...it did say to be continued
Kudos to the devs for this one.

roxas87
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Editi

[Post New]by roxas87 on Apr 1, 11 12:28 AM
I saw (TGT & screenshot images), i watched (preview video),i downloaded (demo), i waited (1 April for a new punch card), and finally i bought!! YAY ME!! i'm gonna love this game and will never uninstall it and play like crazy all days,months and maybe years too!

PS:some posts at the end of this thread (before me) not very liking about this game. well,for me,i love games that's easier,enjoyable and can play without much head-ache..why do you want such challenging game,IDK..games are suppose to be fun and relaxing your mind for the money for CE,i have no comment..hehe..

EDIT: woot!! i have become jellyfish from this post..my rank before was sea anemone

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 12:30:39 AM PST

judyglenning
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by judyglenning on Apr 1, 11 3:41 AM
Been waiting for this since I finished the first one.
Thanks much Big Fish.
Doesn't get any better than this.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Apr 1, 11 3:47 AM
This game seems to be as good as the first one. I enjoyed the demo. The graphics, music and voices were all great. Had to use the the guide a couple of times though.
I would give it an "8" out of 10.

[Post New]by adventure777 on Apr 1, 11 3:49 AM
Fishes, I have to admit I am rather disappointed I am a big fan of the first part and I expected at least the same rate of entertainment from the 2nd one. Alas, it was too easy, a bit blurry on the HOG scenes, few items to collect and the puzzles were unoriginal and childish. The bonus content, I won't even discuss, if I wanted such kind of match 3 game, I would have not opted for this HOG. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice game, very original graphic and good voiceovers but this should not be a CE since there isn't any "real"bonus content. Anyway, lets hope that the devs will make part 3 better. For now, I am back to replaying the first part.

Cheers

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Apr 1, 11 4:45 AM
I had purchased the first one because I liked the demo and ended up getting bored with the game (thats happened a few other games as well) but I decided to try the demo of this one anyway.

I didnt even like the demo of this one. The graphics were superb, the hint refilled quickly, the HOG scenes werent too hard or too easy, which I like, but the game just didnt hold my interest.

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Apr 1, 11 5:06 AM
I was hesitant about buying the original one last year and ended up being blown away. So I was looking forward to this one. For me, it didn't disappoint. It has that whole "Myst" vibe and feel with the graphics and the atmosphere. It took me awhile to finish it and I didn't skip anything. But I didn't play straight through.

I bought the game from the publisher's site and I don't regret it. This was one of the games I REALLY wanted to play because I loved the first one.

In my opinion, the most valuable part of the bonus content is the strategy guide. This doesn't really have an elaborate bonus section like some people are used to where it's almost like another separate game. That didn't bother me, but maybe for Part 3 they'll be able to do a regular bonus game. The graphics seem more demanding on this so I'm not totally surprised. Hopefully, for Part 3 they'll have the time to do a complete bonus section.

But I'm happy with my purchase. I'm not complaining. I thought this was more worth the price of admission than some of the other stuff that gets recycled through here.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 1, 11 7:00 AM
I didn´t care for the first game enough to buy it. However, I played the trial version of this game, which took me about 55 minutes, and then bought the game.
This looks to be a long game (for me at least).

This is not so much a HOG, but rather an Adventure game with H0 scenes thrown into.

The graphics are not bad, but could be better, IMO. I especially struggle in the H0 scenes where graphics need to be first class.
Gameplay however is lots of fun.

You don´t get to choose whether you want to use a custom or system cursor. You play with your system cursor, which changes when you have to do things or go places.

I liked the fact that you were able to enter a room that will take you to the Bonus level later on.

And Kudos to the developers for allowing us to use the Strategy Guide in the trial version. A big plus - I got stuck once and really needed to have a look to see what I had to do to continue.

Great game, and gets 4 from me (it would have been 5 if the graphics had been better).

Airmid
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Airmid on Apr 1, 11 7:30 AM
Well, I d/loaded the demo and had great expectations, since this game has stirred up a whole whack of interest.

The graphics, IMO are gorgeous. It's almost like I would be prepared to buy the game just so I could see all of them.. ALMOST. But I'm afraid not. I lasted about 45 minutes in the demo, (mostly spent looking at the graphics), but got boored. The play is clunky, the 'hand' used to pick things up is really quite annoying and the minimal activity on a scene didn't help. I got the feeling of too much handholding, and the story line was blah, and the mini games way too easy.

I'm really quite sad that this game didn't turn out for me, I usually find the CE's well worth their price. I checked back and had the same reaction to the first Empress game.

Oh well, off to try the Fool.....I could use some comedy today.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Apr 1, 11 8:00 AM
for these who ask themselves CE or not:if i have knew the bonus play was an arcade game and 4 hidden objects scenes easier than easy,i should have wait for SE!very big disappointment!the game is easier than the first one(for puzzles for exemple)it has a good length but the bonus ....since the book of air,i have not seen a so poor bonus level!

allielubaka
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by allielubaka on Apr 1, 11 8:47 AM
I also was enchanted by the first Empress of the Deep. Wasn't it only a SE? Anyway, looking at the MB amount in this game, I'm wondering about the length of play for this CE. Considering the cost as a CE, Is this game a 'short' play? I read that a lot of the fishes bought it for its graphics, sound, etc., but, also to fill their need for more credits.
What say ye fishes out there? I'm kinda short this month and the game didn't offer any difficult HOGs or puzzles. Should I or shouldn't I buy it? Lots of questions here. Thanks for any suggestions.

sammyd63
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by sammyd63 on Apr 1, 11 9:56 AM
I've been playing this one for a couple of hours, and it's exactly what I had hoped for. I bought it without trying the free hour since I liked the first installment so much, and I haven't been disappointed at all. In the first Empress, I got stuck on a couple of the later puzzles, so I figure that may be the case when I get further along. Looking forward to the extra content games. Well done!

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Apr 1, 11 12:42 PM
It was a nice change from the dark dreary spooky games. Good graphics along with nice to hear some lighter music and chimes for ****'s. Stategy guide was not really needed, it kinda holds your hand all the way through it! I thought the HOG's were pretty easy and never had to use any hints in the game.
Lastly, the bonus was.....I was very disappointed. Along with sneaking in the gem game. Ahhh, if I wanted to play the gem games, I would order one. Oh well, it is raining today so I killed a few hours staying on the computer. This would be a 2 1/2 thumbs at the most in my book. I wouldn't of ordered it if I would of known what I know now.

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Apr 1, 11 12:53 PM

This is a truly beautiful game. The scenes are breathtaking and wonderous. You are awed when each screen opens.

Sadly substance cannot be replaced by beauty. The game is beautiful but for me it is too easy. I zipped through the demo and never used a hint or strategy guide. You don't need them since the game virtually holds your hand and maps out your every move.

At this point in my gaming I guess I want more of a challenge from a CE.

It will be a buy for me but not as a CE, I will wait for the SE

[Post New]by baby_girl66 on Apr 1, 11 1:58 PM
Shes back and as beautiful as ever . I finished this game and I loved it. It was easy to play. Try it, you'll love it to.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Editio

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 1, 11 5:37 PM
edmee1947 wrote:for these who ask themselves CE or not:if i have knew the bonus play was an arcade game and 4 hidden objects scenes easier than easy,i should have wait for SE!very big disappointment!the game is easier than the first one(for puzzles for exemple)it has a good length but the bonus ....since the book of air,i have not seen a so poor bonus level!

agree completly

gwladys99
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by gwladys99 on Apr 1, 11 8:28 PM
I bought the game and I am enjoying it but I find it impossible to get into the stratagy help,sorry about the spelling mistakes. I have tried everything but unable to access it. How do you get into it. Any help would be appreciated. Other than that I am quite please with it.

Game is easy to follow and I am in my late seventies and not the brightest spark re computers. thank you.

Go to: