Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Fool

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Apr 1, 11 6:09 PM
I just finished the sample and reading through 6 pages of reviews-got a lot of chuckles so thanks, y'all. I really liked the game and got a kick out of dialogue. I really can't add to what a lot of y'all have said. So thanks there too.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Apr 1, 11 6:20 PM
Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction....I digress.

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 6:21:25 PM PST

sokjeff
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by sokjeff on Apr 1, 11 7:42 PM
The is a beautiful and fun game. I love this company's other games. It is a nice change of pace. Great humor! This is a buy for sure!!! Happy Fishing!

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Apr 1, 11 9:24 PM
Ok, I really was starting to enjoy the gaem...the graphics are very nice & the game story line is different & very enjoyable. I was sad to see my time was up! I will be buying this gane when I receive my game club credits from my punch card!!!

cindiliz
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by cindiliz on Apr 1, 11 9:44 PM
Bravo! What a wonderful game. Beautifully conceived and executed. I'm still smiling. Thanks for a very entertaining evening.

lauramarie8
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lauramarie8 on Apr 1, 11 10:00 PM
Wow!......I'm just downloading it now! I'm so happy to see that I'm not the only one that plays by night and sleeps by day!!!!! It sounds like a good game!

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Apr 1, 11 10:12 PM
Everyone has done a great job reviewing this game! I can only add that I at first had a slightly negative reaction because I was wandering around unable to solve some of the puzzles. Then I realized what an advantage it was to have a limited number of "rooms" to revisit, especially since some of the items you need are quite cleverly hidden!

Stariannah
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Stariannah on Apr 1, 11 11:08 PM
Well, apparently, I'm the odd woman out on this game. My overall reaction was, "Meh. It's okay...I guess."

What I Liked
The artwork was great.
Puzzles were new and different.
The "medieval microwave" in the first H0 scene.
Interactions within the H0 scenes.

Minor Annoyances
A "wide screen correction" option that was nonfunctional (greyed out) despite the fact that it was obviously displaying in wide screen as the black bars on the sides of the screen were textured.

What I Hated
Ineffective music slider: As always when given the option to do so, I turned the music off; however, the game didn't seem to realize this (except in the opening cut scene...see below) as I still heard music, especially in the H0 scenes, which is EXACTLY where I need to NOT hear music. I find music EXCRUCIATINGLY distracting and annoying, and I HATE being forced to hear it in a game where I'm trying to concentrate and think.
No voices in opening cut scene: When I first played it, there was no voice over in the opening cut scene, so I assumed this was due to the fact that I turned the music slider all the way down. However, I had to exit the game and come back to it a bit later, and there WERE voices in the next cut scene, so maybe it was just a glitch and voices are not tied to music controls after all. I hope they're not, because I REALLY hate it when devs do that.
Hint only available in H0 scenes: Pretty self-explanatory. There is no hint button outside of H0 scenes. I really hate tabbing back and forth between the game and the walkthrough if/when I get stuck as I often forget what I'm supposed to do by the time I get back to the game and as my computer sometimes gets a little temperamental if I tab back and forth too many times.

Overall Opinion
As stated above, "Meh." I didn't find it as humorous as everyone else seems to have found it, but perhaps that's because I don't really feel well right now. High pain levels tend to short circuit my funny bone. For me, the negatives outweigh the positives, so I can only give this 2-1/2 out of 5.

S.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Apr 2, 11 1:36 AM
Will probably buy someday as a DD if I need to fill a punchcard. Nice enough game, but waaay too many anachronisms in the H.O. scenes for my taste.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Apr 2, 11 1:57 AM
I just tried this n I LOVE it. I am so excited there is a game out that doesn't have a creepy theme to it. I love the graphics and the fact its funny and the characters make jokes. I can't wait to purchase this. I need to wait til my punch card resets but then its on. I completely recommend this one. Way to go!!!

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Apr 2, 11 2:57 AM
Someone has already used the word I would to describe this game - 'meh'!
It's okay, I'd buy it as a DD, but from the 30 mins I played it seemed very basic.
Straight forward things to do like 'bring me ale, get a pipe' etc. Some intriguing puzzles that I've not encountered before but the graphics and storyline simply didn't engage me very much.
Hid Obj scenes pretty average.

3 out of 5 for me.

[Post New]by littleoldlady on Apr 2, 11 5:33 AM
What a great game! No creepy vampires or werewolves. Just a bumbling hero in a fairytale adventure. Fun! I'm glad I bought it.

serengeti
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by serengeti on Apr 2, 11 6:16 AM
i agree with every body who liked this game. A really nice refreshing,interesting game and a SE. thank you big fish, more like this please x

[Post New]by queenpixie on Apr 2, 11 6:24 AM
Great game!! This was a no brainer - bought even before my trial was up! I have been looking for a good HOG/adventure that wasn't dark and dreary as they all seem to be these days...this was it!!

The developers really took the time to make the characters less robotic (ok so they didn't really move, but at least they had a personality, great sense of humor!).

The HOG scenes were medium hard for me, but I was glad to see actual objects instead of a monochromatic jumble of stuff.

The puzzles were certainly different than I have seen lately...I took the time to figure them all out. I tend to skip the over-used chinese tower, etc. when encountered in a game.

Overall: This will be staying in my game manager and played over and over I am sure!!

Hit one out of the park this time BFG!!

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Apr 2, 11 6:34 AM
This is a nice, pleasant Adventure Hidden Object game with crystal clear graphics, some humor, fairly easy hidden object scenes, and some good puzzles. My two concerns are 1} that the wide screen correction is disabled, at least in the demo and I have to manually set my screen resolution to 1024X768 to get rid of the gray bars on both sides and 2) length of game. Just looked at the walkthrough and there were only five chapters. I'm not quite done with the demo version and I already have made substantial progress.

I'm going to wait until my game credits appear before making a decision. I would definitely buy this one if I knew for certain that this is a much longer game than I suspect.

bluesea30
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bluesea30 on Apr 2, 11 7:25 AM
I've been patiently waiting for a good game to blow a credit on and this one delivers! The graphics are splendid, the story line has some great quirky humor mixed with a heroine, princess and of course the terrible dragon! The **** scenes aren't difficult, the items are pretty easy to spot. Some of the mini games are new to me, so that's a huge plus. Thanks BF, keep em coming!

arfur99
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by arfur99 on Apr 2, 11 7:25 AM
Seem to be a lot of Grandmas contributing so as a Grandad thought I'd add my twopence worth. Not tried yet but going on the reviews I certainly shall be. Good feedback which makes it easier to decide which games to try or not as the case may be. One other thing. Can someone decipher all the abbreviations that seem to be in vogue,ie FROG/SE etc. Many thanks in advance.

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Apr 2, 11 7:45 AM
just finished game. other than mini puzzles it was good. no problems at all. very interesting. mini puzzles were stupid though. otherwise great.

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Apr 2, 11 7:51 AM
I thought it was different .. and absolutely delightful.
Jo

alphab22m
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by alphab22m on Apr 2, 11 10:31 AM
dooney, welcome. Another granny that doesn't sleep. Are we all like this? I finished the trial and really found this refreshing. Am just going to buy it now. am from Calgary, Alberta and it's snowing like hell out side..perfect day for gaming

Go to: