Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 8, 11 3:42 AM
VOGAT wrote:Please write here your thoughts about the game. It is very important to know your opinion. What do you like? What do you want to improve? Together we will make our new games even better! That's all for you, we appreciate you very much.

Thanks in advance.

Askold
CEO
Vogat Interactive

Hello Askold

I do like the graphics in the games, and I like the gameply and puzzles, but I don´t want to see life-size AND moving spiders right in the H0 scenes. I don´t fear them as such but am disgusted by them and wouldn´t touch one that was only microscopic in size. Things like that spider really make me consider not buying the game.

I also have some trouble finding objects in the H0 scenes. There was a cigar to be found, which I simply couldn´t see even when the HINT told me where to look. In the end, I clicked around and got a light beige-coloured cigar-shape item that, I thought, was the handle of another item. I know that some people enjoy looking for hours for objects, but I prefer them to be clearly defined and "there".

I did very much enjoy the game "Shades of Death" and bought it, as well as "Elixir of Immortality", and "Columbus: Ghost of the Mystery Stone"
Didn´t buy Reincarnations: Awakening", and am considering buying "Uncover the Past". I am hesitant about this game because a big part seems to play in the theatre. I already have several games that play in the theatre - not my favourite place to be as it is. Also, the H0 scenes always appear grainy. I like them clear and clean.

So, what I am looking for is good graphics, good gameplay, interesting puzzles - all of which you provide. And I am looking for clear and clean H0 scenes where the objects are not so well hidden that I need to use the HINT button all the time, as I needed to do in the hour-long demo. And I really am tired of spiders, at least those huge ones. I don´t mind the odd little spider here and there, but this time you went over the top.

But Kudos to you for allowing us to use the Strategy Guide while playing the demo.

Thanks for listening.

Edited on 04/08/2011 at 6:21:49 AM PST

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition

[Post New]by darkthrone on Apr 8, 11 3:42 AM
Good game not sure if I'm getting to good at them or that this was way to easy to beat spent less then 4 hours to finish this one never even opened the SG

27heb49
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by 27heb49 on Apr 8, 11 4:16 AM
I'm in agreement re the non-clarity of some of the items in H0 scenes. In some cases, I just clicked where the hint circle was, without recognising the object.
In the scene with the lolly bear (can't remember what they're called), nearly all of the items were hard to find - too small and drawn instead of an actual object.
I have all of the Vogat games and love each and every one of them.
If you make the puzzles harder, as some have requested, please don't make them TOO hard.
The very last scene in the bonus game seemed to cut off short.
Other than that and the unclear items, this game is totally AWESOME! Thanks, Vogat - keep up the good work!

marylou67
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by marylou67 on Apr 8, 11 5:12 AM
Loved it Vogat, love all your games. Love the graphics and this type of game.

Keep it up.

LuLu

Janeport
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Janeport on Apr 8, 11 5:22 AM
If you have a problem with creepy crawlies, avoid this game.

Creepy crawlies are not my 'cup of tea', but not having too much trouble so far. Does have a bit of humour.

I have heard of the cat among pigeons, but cat among the owls? I was concentrating trying to find all the **** and there iit was, a cute face looking at me. I had a good laugh.

AliceFranz
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by AliceFranz on Apr 8, 11 7:04 AM
the cat in the **** is too cute!
The game in general is very exiting and absorbing, I'd say I'd finish it at once, but I'm just too peoplish (can I say that word?) I mean I need to eat and sleep, so the game got a bit longer than I thought=)
it makes me so happy when I can get through the mini puzzle at once! sometimes I feel so stupid that I skip them! but there the games are ok!
finally!

great job!
great game!

[Post New]by nanatotwo on Apr 8, 11 9:19 AM
Thank you orijojo, for bringing up the dollar issue.
I have been waiting for big fish to adjust prices as well. Cdn. dollar has been above the US dollar for some time now.
Cdn. dollar is 1.05 US, so I have been buying games in US dollars, better in my pocket.

MerryAnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by MerryAnne on Apr 8, 11 10:26 AM
Thanks Vogal for another wonderful game. Spiders & creepie crawlies don't bother me, bring em on.

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Apr 8, 11 12:22 PM
Kelvarda wrote:
Thank you Askold for joining in the forum. It's always nice when a developer wants our feedback...
... a) please do not give us sparklies in Advanced Mode
b) please do not penalize us for over-clicking by making the screen crack/cloud up/go dark/go light or do other crazy things!
c) please make the Inventory drop out of sight when not in use
d) please make the puzzles/mini games just a little bit harder (so we use our brains a bit more), but I did love the inter-active one above the fireplace in the Crypt Keepers house
e) please keep allowing us to access the SG in the demo
Thank you
Kel

Askold, I want to ditto Kel here (thanx Kel) as I couldn't have said it better! ESPECIALLY about the sparkles. Please, make the advanced/harder mode, well, advanced and harder.

I have all your games and look forward to a rich gaming future with your company.
Thanx,
Love...

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Apr 8, 11 1:34 PM
textrekkie wrote:The graphics are good (Vogat always does an exceptionall job). However, as CasualGran said, even in hard mode there are sparkles and way too much handholding. Puzzles are neither original or difficult. I thought the HOG scenes had too much stuff in them.

Taking a pass--maybe as an SE.

Completely agree, but perhaps not even as an SE.

But happy gaming to those who enjoyed!

Edited to add: very, very much appreciate any developer who will take the time to swim in our forums and listen to our bubbles. Thank you.

Edited on 04/08/2011 at 1:41:03 PM PST

Ses2689
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Ses2689 on Apr 8, 11 2:22 PM
This is by far the best A HOG I have ever played.

I bought it yesterday, finishing up today. I have savored every minute.

Enjoy. 5+ Stars

lillijeff
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by lillijeff on Apr 8, 11 3:40 PM
An exqusite game indeed!!! The graphics are superb, the plot is interesting, the mini games original and clever!! Well done VOGAT, well done BF!!
P.S. A little more thorough work with the English language would have made an absolutely excelent job!

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Apr 8, 11 4:30 PM
Great game but not one I'll invest in as a CE. I'm not that impatient to wait a month for the SE.

frNzR4evr
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Nice & Long, decent Bonus playtime

[Post New]by frNzR4evr on Apr 8, 11 4:38 PM
yep, I didn't feel ripped off at all getting the Collector's Edition this time... The game lasted quite a few hours, and I did the bonus play in a nice long satisfying 1 hour, 20 minutes. Needed to consult the integrated strategy guide at least five times, the difficulty of the game isn't wickedly high, but I missed some critical items. GREAT game! Loved that the hidden Object scenes were changed up ( ie. "find twelve hearts")

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Apr 8, 11 6:52 PM
YIPPEE!!! I am so glad my husband understands my addiction to Big Fish!! I am always buying the CE of most **** games....I am 35 yrs old & I love, LOVE these types of games...lol....this game is for sure a buy for me...thank you BF for always being the first game site to have the best games out first! I am so glad I am a member here....I am going to feed my addiction now...bye fishies!!!

suzyoz
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by suzyoz on Apr 8, 11 8:57 PM
Ses2689 wrote:This is by far the best A HOG I have ever played.

I bought it yesterday, finishing up today. I have savored every minute.

Enjoy. 5+ Stars

Totally agree! Exactly the right leverl of difficulty for me.

Regarding all the spider comments - in our house (in Australia) we give them names as they are helpful keeping the other bug populations down!

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Apr 8, 11 9:35 PM
I have played and finished the entire game including the bonus game. I found it to be far one of the best games i have played in a long time. I especially like how it was partitioned off. If you were finished in an area you knew it. There were no big signs saying AREA CLEARED and the like. There were some places to return to but you knew exactly where to go. In the new area there was still plenty of places within an area and lots to do. Interaction with objects was nice also. I have all your games and find each one just as good or better than the prior one. There were some surprises of what to do with some items but i found that refreshing for a change. Looking forward to the next one.

HOaddict
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by HOaddict on Apr 8, 11 10:25 PM
Reasonable game! I purchased the CE. As frequently noted in previous reviews, lots of loathsome creatures, in particular bad news for serious arachnophobics. The graphics are good, transitions are excellent, HOG scenes and minigames pretty typical, but colorful and well done. The plot was interesting but the ending would be unacceptable without the CE additional game which was challenging and interesting. Good twist!

Would rate this game 3.5/5.

GirlPink
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by GirlPink on Apr 9, 11 1:50 AM
I am loving this game, even shelled out for the CE which I rarely do because I always feel cheated by the length of the bonus content. I have one gripe and it's probably just me, but the sparkling task list is giving me the pip! Everytime it starts sparkling I quickly click on it then out again because, duh, I know what I am supposed to be doing, but it start sparkling again. Every freakin' time....enough already!!! I'll say it again though, I am loving this game.

Edited on 04/09/2011 at 1:51:28 AM PST

AliceFranz
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by AliceFranz on Apr 9, 11 3:32 AM
GirlPink wrote:I am loving this game, even shelled out for the CE which I rarely do because I always feel cheated by the length of the bonus content. I have one gripe and it's probably just me, but the sparkling task list is giving me the pip! Everytime it starts sparkling I quickly click on it then out again because, duh, I know what I am supposed to be doing, but it start sparkling again. Every freakin' time....enough already!!! I'll say it again though, I am loving this game.

it's so brutal when people buy CE because of the bonus gameplay and get like 40 min instead of 2 hours.

not with this one though!

Go to: