ViviOlivi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re: Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Secret Files

[Post New]by ViviOlivi on May 24, 11 9:47 AM
Using the existing Art of Murder character (sans animation) in a hidden object game made for a nice change to the usual AoM games. Aside from the fact that the game was too short, I really enjoyed it!

out of 5

unhinged10
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Secret Files

[Post New]by unhinged10 on May 24, 11 10:02 PM
I really love mysterys. Also love HOGS. Have a bad habit of buying the games without using the demo first. I am so disappointed with this game. I'm stuck in the safe, can't move forward. Tried reinstalling this game to no avail. But what's really bothering me is that I'm not going to finish the game and I don't know why.

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Jun 8, 11 10:50 PM
I had a problem with Full Screen....the sunglasses were cut off on the side of the screen...couldn't even see them...just used mouse to go off screen & clicked & that brought them up. The Journal also could not be seen, & the ME in menu. I got out of it & changed the Yes to a No for the Full Screen. That spread it out some so the things that were missing to the left of the screen could be seen. Would be much better if that were true with Full Screen though, instead of having less than the full screen filled in.
I couldn't get past the knife - put the dusting powder on it, used brush to dust it off, fingerprint showed up, BUT I couldn't lift it off of the knife with the liftoff paper. As soon as I moved the cursor away from the knife toward the paper in my inventory, the fingerprint disappeared. Tried over & over again..to no avail. Also some dark areas in the garage office, small items...it all adds up to = Guess I won't be buying this one...big disappointment.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jun 9, 11 3:59 PM
wanted to change my screen...not for that. very clear graphics but I don't like making up someone that looks like the alleged suspect. Too complicated. Won't be buying

[Post New]by eve_naive on Jun 11, 11 1:59 PM
Really unhappy - I bought the game thinking it would be the same as the other's - it was in 'games I would love' and I am sure it didn't say it was a hidden object as although I like to play the occasional one the adventure game typical is my favourite and that is what I wanted.

It isn't even good as a hidden object/adventure game....I am in the process of playing the game I wasted my credit on and to be honest I am bored...really bored.

Soooooo dissappointed....please put them back the way they were! I am trying so hard to not think this is a money making scheme because this game surely does not take as much time and effort as the previous Art of Murder games...which I really liked!

SO,so,so sad eve-naive

[Post New]by irol83 on Jun 11, 11 2:33 PM
mhatfie wrote:
Belladonna32 wrote:Ember
Many thnks for your review (and everyone else too)

I too was excited when I saw this assuming it was goint to be another adventure game like the originals. They were so good - can't bgelieve they have turned it into a HOG with timers.I'd already downloaded when I saw the reviews but don't think I'll be rushing to try it

Totally agree, what a shame to ruin such a good series by turning them into HOGs. (2 within a matter of a couple of weeks). Big Mistake developers.

I bought the game without playing the trial simply because I've loved all of the other "Art of Murder games" and I will NEVER do that again! What a waste! I beat it in no time, and it was a major disappointment!

[Post New]by ki2009 on Jun 22, 11 1:33 PM
i think there should be more time allowed when doing the fingerprints.

Kirland
Manatee
Manatee
3,699 Posts

[Post New]by Kirland on Jul 31, 11 1:06 PM
Won't buy this one. Did not like the small objects and the timed mini-games. Items to small to see. Some scenes look far off and finding objects is hard. This series is better left to large file without the hidden object feature

Edited on 07/31/2011 at 1:07:53 PM PST

[Post New]by musluvlife on Oct 24, 13 7:57 AM
A COMPLETE WASTE OF $$$$$$$. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!

Go to: