tehi
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Ag ency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition

[Post New]by tehi on Apr 16, 11 9:23 PM
SPOILER ALERT!!!!

I don't know how to do the invisible text stuff. so sorry.

But to answer BrendaRisk and Spidyriffic Use your card playing code from earlier and enter it into the "cash like" machine in the ?library? (The room with the elevator)

Hope this helps. Better late than never

Edited on 04/16/2011 at 9:24:46 PM PST

riri4444
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition

[Post New]by riri4444 on Apr 16, 11 10:48 PM
BrendaRisk wrote:
spidyriffic wrote: STUCK AT THE ELAVATOR! HELP! cant find the medallion thingy the one with the hand on it???? ANYONE???
This game is challenging and fun. Unlike some of the other reviews I love the creepiness! The art work is impressive. I am a die hard MCF fan and not many games can hold a candle to it. but this one is close.

Did you ever get a responce to this, I'm stuck with the same situation and gone over and over things until I'm pulling my hair out. Any help appreciated.

me too cant get past it grrr

riri4444
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Ag ency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition

[Post New]by riri4444 on Apr 16, 11 10:53 PM
tehi wrote:SPOILER ALERT!!!!

But to answer BrendaRisk and Spidyriffic Use your card playing code from earlier and enter it into the "cash like" machine in the ?library? (The room with the elevator)

OMG Thank YOU

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Apr 17, 11 12:24 AM
Lucy1997 wrote:
roxiestar74 wrote:

Although the game may sound like it's based in reality from the description, it really isn't. Yes World War 1 did really happen, and I wouldn't put it past the military to have experimented on soldiers, since I have heard of that happening before, but there are paranormal elements which take this game away from the real world in to a fantasy world pretty early on. The fantasy element reminds me a bit of the X Men movies, and also the British Fantasy show Torchwood. If you like films and TV shows like that, then you might like this game.

Actually, medical experimentation was not part of World War I, unless you consider the misdiagnosis of "shellshock" (what we call PTSD) and its treatment as medical experimentation. Actually, for much of the First World War, doctors thought shellshocked soldiers were shirkers.

(By the way, we Americans shouldn't feel too outraged about these experiments unless we condemn equally the Tuskegee syphilis experiments that ran in the U.S. from 1932 to--shockingly enough--1972, long after doctors knew that antibiotics cured syphilis!)

Sorry to get a bit serious here, but, as I posted earlier, I really don't like the confusion between the world wars that is shown in the visuals and that others have commented on, so I agree that we should view it as science fiction or fantasy.

Thanks but I don’t need to be schooled in history. I am currently studying it in college. Right now I am taking a class about the Holocaust, and we have been learning about WW1’s influence on WW2 and the Holocaust. In my original post, I said I wouldn’t put it past the military doing experiments on soldiers, I didn’t say I knew for sure that they did. And I was talking in general, I didn’t just mean during WW1. Also, how do you know that there weren’t experiments done on soldiers back then that were covered up and kept secret from the public, and could still be secret to this day? You can’t really know for sure, so to act like you are the end all be all authority on the history of the 20th Century makes you seem condescending. I also don’t appreciate being lumped in with other people here that you consider misinformed about history since I have been studying history in college for a year now and am a straight A student.

BTW, I knew about the Tuskeegee Experiment since I had to write a paper about it for a class. The Tuskeegee Experiment is not some big secret that only you know about, which is how your tone made it sound.

Back to the game. The whole point of my post was to say that this game is not based in reality, it is a fantasy game. I wasn’t trying to base my opinion of the game on historical facts. All I was trying to say is that WW1 did happen, so it is based on a real event, and even though soldiers may have been tested on by the military in the past (maybe not during WW1, but these kinds of things have happened before, in general), I do not think people should let those facts stop them from realizing it is a fantasy game.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Apr 17, 11 1:07 AM
Very disappointed with this game. As as said in another post it's pure fantasy, so no bad conscience playing it, but the snag is that it is a weak story which soon becomes boring. I got fed up with these "monsters" quietlly waiting for me to reduce them to a tiny thing and put them in a capsule. (You could even touch them, you would only be warned that they were cold, or hot, or...). Someone posted, couldn't refind him/her so I can't quote him/her, that he deleted the game having had to pick up a camp prisonner's cap, I just wanted to say that it was just the cap "normal" german soldiers were wearing, so nothing to do with extermination camps. The H0 were the best thing in this game, beautiful graphics, mini games weren't always too easy. The extra bit is really long (at least for me) but it might seem so because you're dying to see the end of the game. Obviously there will be a sequel, which I won't buy unless it's a DD. The game isn't even creepy, just boring, easy, not worth being a CE.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 17, 11 2:14 AM

Hello Tehi... *waves*

To make the text invisible, all you do is enclose it in the white text colour. If you look above the post box, there is a line of Bold, Italic, Underlined, etc. And the 5th one is for colours.

So all you do is type the text, then highlight the text you want to make invisible, and click on the "T" with the square coloured box (that`s the first colour in the top left corner). (Hope this helped.)

ETA: Oh, and when you want to read the invisible text, just click on the spacebar and move your cursor over it, as if you want to highlight it.

Edited on 04/17/2011 at 2:15:46 AM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 17, 11 2:49 AM
a little late, i know... but i've been sick and not really able to 'focus' if you know what i mean

wow! i really like this one and feel that it is definitely worth the CE price... you can access the SG from the game anytime without having to exit - and it worked in the demo! how often does that happen... so i was able to check out just how much there was to do and it looks like quite a bit

this one, i have to say, takes me back to my comic collecting days... love the 'super' aspect this disturbed dr. X has introduced our hero to and really can't wait to see what happens as the story really starts coming together...

this is an adventure of the highest scale... you won't find what you need in the next room and you might find objects you tote all over the place without finding a place to use them... i LOVE that!! really makes the hunt more involved and mind-churning... and the puzzles are pretty cool... enough little twists to make them fresh and plenty of places to wander and check out...

love the postcards, too! collecting stuff always makes me happy... it's what i do! i've just gone digital in the past few years like everyone else... but i really liked looking at the old images and feeling like i was sifting through a forgotten era... memories... that's what i mostly collect... mostly... ghosts of yesterday are close companions, so i take the time to look at each one...

this is definitely a purchase... right here, right now... can't believe i waited so long! but not being able to breathe will do that to you d@mn cat - why did i have to be sooo allergic to you??

peace , love , and anomalies...

tehi
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by tehi on Apr 17, 11 4:52 AM
Thanks Valdy!
I'm going to give it a shot: "Ahem.....Please highlight to read"

Loved this game and am now going to try todays or rather tomorrows "Stained Skin"

HoudiniCats
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by HoudiniCats on Apr 17, 11 8:00 AM
Just about to start the bonus adventure, but gotta say, WOW!

Seriously, one of the best games I've ever played...just loved it...

Looking forward to replaying it right away--and that hasn't happened for me since Drawn: Dark Flight.

If you take your time and look around and really savor the game, you'll find all kinds of interesting anomalies (pun intended) that don't necessarily change the outcome but add a terrific amount of fun, intrigue and atmosphere.

Two enthusiastic paws up from those persnickety felines, the Houdini Cats!!

A CE that was definitely (in my opinion) worth paying the extra money for.

Terrific!!

** One final note...I did think the bonus play while it was quite long and had many puzzles did not have the same impetus as the rest of the game. HOG fans will love this section, but I liked the adventure aspects of the first part. I hope future developers keep this in mind...for me the bonus section was all right, but not riveting--especially in comparison to the regular game.

Edited on 04/17/2011 at 9:22:08 PM PST

[Post New]by brandy1008 on Apr 17, 11 9:03 AM
bella81762 wrote:yeeaahhh.....its ce thur...errrr friday.......i betad this a while back and enjoyed it a lot, very green hillish, am dl now, hope you all enjoy...funny i woke up at 3 am on the dot (thats what my time is when its 12 at bfg....

I have read allot about ppl beta testing games, how do you get to do that?

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on Apr 17, 11 2:36 PM
This is one of the best games! I love it, please keep making these. The items are clear, it makes you have to think and look. Crazy, eerie, sorta discusting in some scenes, but I love it. It is not boring, if some people get scared from playing a game then this might not be the one for you. Thank you Big Fish for bringing exciting entertainment into our home from just a game.

SoManyCrimes
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by SoManyCrimes on Apr 17, 11 3:57 PM
Since I've been ripping apart a lot of other games for the quality of their writing (not the plots, just the actual nuts and bolts of the sentences), I should give credit where it's due: the writing here is pretty good! Not outstanding in absolute terms, but definitely in the top tier of computer game writing. The voice-overs had the intonation right, nothing was oddly worded and there was barely a comma out of place. Full marks for competence. And if that sounds like rather a back-handed compliment, I don't mean it to be. Basic signs of competence such as proofed text and bug-free code seem to be sorely lacking in a lot of games I play.

It's a shame that this isn't the norm, but since 90% of games on here are riddled with errors and weird phrasings, the developers should be praised for hiring someone who can write, and for getting a voice actor who seems to have read the lines through at least once before going into the recording studio!

Edited on 04/17/2011 at 4:31:32 PM PST

carolwooden
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by carolwooden on Apr 17, 11 4:46 PM
You get your money's worth with this game. Just hard enough to be a challenge but not so difficult that you are ready to pull your hair out.

I would give this game five stars BUT I won't because of the strategy guide. It won't keep the page open to where you last visited it. You have to go to the beginning of the chapter and page through it to where you were last. Maddening! Otherwise, it was a darn near perfect game.

Snookie1100
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Snookie1100 on Apr 17, 11 7:25 PM
My first CE-----------woo-hoo!!! Was so taken with the demo & reading all the good replies,decided to take the plunge into the world of CE's...........especially since I understand the bonus gameplay is quite lenghty. I've stayed away from CE's in the past only because for the difference in price, I didn't want all the concept art & wallpaper. As far as the content of the game.............think keeping everything in perspective and knowing it is just a game has made me enjoy it. To those that don't like it, I certainly respect your views & opinions.
So, to those of us playing this great game, can I get a big woo-hoo and a flapping of our fins?

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 17, 11 8:31 PM
doccat5 wrote:Very strange, this game. I'm not sure I want to buy it even in SE, don't know, just kinda creeped me out. Graphics, etc were great. So it's probably me.

No, I don't think it is just you. I couldn't quite decide what it was about this game,but, you put it very well, it just creeped me out too. I usually like the dark, scary stuff but this one just left me literally cold and slightly nauseaus. Know it is just a game, but somehow didn't sit well with me. Sorry, but this is a definite no buy for me. This is just my opinion. Happy Gaming All!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 17, 11 11:51 PM
jennsmom wrote:I'm enjoying the demo but I'm still deciding whether to buy this CE or wait for the SE. The game will be a purchase, I'm just not sure which version. It's nicely creepy, already made me jump once, and I like the graphics. The SG is a pain. I don't like having to start from the table of contents every time I open it. Yes, I looked at it a couple of times just to see how it worked. But, since I wouldn't be using it all that much, that's a small quibble. Ah...decisions, decisions..

jenn, if you are on the fence, i would just like to say, the bonus content is as long as some of the recent se full games,,, and its not searching the same areas you allready saw in the main game,, imo one of the best bonus contents next to sherlock holmes

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 17, 11 11:57 PM

hi tehi.....when you want to do invisable text just write your text , highlight it, then click the color bar and choose white... put a star or icon at the begining and end,, and say something like "to view spoiler highlight between the 2

hi tehi, and welcome to the pond

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Apr 18, 11 1:02 AM
I can't quote the exchange that Roxiestar and I had on the forum because it was too long. I have written her (him?) a pm, but I wanted to respond here on the forum.

First, I apologize if anyone thought my post was "condescending": I did not mean it to be, but I was bothered by the historical inaccuracies and the confusion between World War I and World War II. I like history, so I thought the comments were worth making. I am always interested when other people post comments that reflect their professional engagement and knowledge.

Second, medical experimentation did not occur during World War I, which I know because I teach courses on World War I and on the Holocaust. By the 1920s, however, both Europe and the United States had a shared "scientific" culture that supported eugenics, which links the Tuskegee syphilis experiment with the T-4 experiments in Germany and the Holocaust. Eugenics wasn't simply a "German" problem, which is why I mentioned the Tuskegee experiments.

Having said that, I enjoyed the game as a game. I willingly suspend disbelief while playing games, but sometimes inaccuracies seem worth a comment.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Apr 18, 11 8:40 AM
Wasn't thrilled with this game. The storyline, music, and artwork is just downright grim, although the graphics are clear. The bonus content was one HOG after another with the same objects over and over. Couldn't stand the journal that kept sparkling every time a new goal or storyline was added - very distracting. I found myself just wanting to finish the game as fast as possible. Since I paid the CE price I felt I had to finish the entire game. Otherwise, I probably would have abandoned. Not my cup of tea at all.

[Post New]by spidyriffic on Apr 18, 11 3:21 PM
Stuck at the elavator????

Missing a medal???

I had to amend this post.
The "A" code is in the card game.
not in the safe like I thought before.
Draonlady oz was very helpful in giving me the code to put into the typwriter thing in the office room. I just had to replay the game and found the "A" code in the card game so you have 2 codes to put in one from the safe and one from the card game. A huge thanks to dragonladyoz!! The "A" code will give you the medal

Edited on 04/20/2011 at 6:57:54 AM PST

Go to: