Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Voodoo Whisperer: Curse of a Legend Collector's Edition

[Post New]by jammybird on Apr 29, 11 9:30 AM
would have loved to try it but totally unplayable im very disapointed

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Voodoo Whisperer: Curse of a Legend Collector's Edition

[Post New]by VTCT on Apr 29, 11 11:15 AM
Liked the game but the ending was surprising I hope we don't have to wait to long for the next chapter.

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Apr 29, 11 3:26 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed the demo. The graphics are clear and well done, the voice overs at the beginning were very good, and dialogue can be moved through quickly by clicking after reading. Several scenes did surprise me! The game has a unique storyline, I don't want to spoil for anyone by elaborating!

linda1942
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by linda1942 on Apr 29, 11 3:29 PM
Proxyman wrote:@linda1942
- SPOILER -
Just finish everything in the first chapter. Go outside the main gate and walk down (this option is there if you have done everything you were supposed to do). Then there's a map and on that map, you just click on the saloon.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Apr 29, 11 6:13 PM
Is it May 1 yet?!! I really want this game!

VolleymomDee
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by VolleymomDee on Apr 29, 11 7:04 PM
I do not like games including voodoo, but the graphics reeled me in. I was very disappointed with the abrupt ending, especially since sequels are usually long in coming. That said, I enjoyed this game. The HOG scenes were fairly difficult - small items, often the same colors, and a few mis-named items, but they were challenging and contained original items. I truly appreciated the option of using a magnifying glass, and I enjoyed the way the mortar combined items. I also enjoyed the addition of the spell buttons, and I really liked the "Area Clear" banners. The hint recharged a bit slowly, but was so good in guiding me that I never used the strategy guide. Since the strategy guide was not really necessary (in regular mode), and the game was a bit shorter than I expected even with the bonus chapter, I don't think it was worth the Collector's Edition price.

mutemia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by mutemia on Apr 29, 11 10:17 PM
I have mixed feelings about this game. On the hand the graphics were very well done and the atmosphere was quite spooky. The story line was intriguing and it reminded me of Dead Time Stories. However, several things really annoyed me. I feel like the developers relied way too much on **** scenes. Or at least have more variety like Agency of Anomalies:MH or the Enlighteneus games. Developers please consider creating variety of **** scenes like a matching scenes, FROG, or IHOG.
The puzzles were pretty much the same and not difficult. Also it was really annoying when I picked up knives, sickles, or garden shears at least 5 or 6 times during the game. This happens in other games as well but happened to picking up a knife or other commonly used tool and keeping it. It's annoying to have to look for a knife again, not mention it just doesn't seem realistic to throw the object away. I also a little disappointed with the bonus level.SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
You don't learn that much and it feels like it was tacked on to make the game a little longer. Then again I don't think extra **** scenes are a perk.
End SPOILER
I kinda feel like its a poorer version of the Dead Time Story game which was and still is one my favorite games. Oh well, I feel with such a great premise, they could have done a lot more I give it. of 5 stars.

mutemia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by mutemia on Apr 29, 11 10:20 PM
@VolleyMom Dee
I agree, I appreciated the area clear signs as well, since there was so much backtracking. Developers take note.

Edited on 04/29/2011 at 10:22:03 PM PST

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Apr 29, 11 11:32 PM
Im SOOOO disappointed in this game. I totally thought it was going to be a great game because of the demo but the demo was SOOO misleading!!! Every chapter looks exactly like the next. All the objects look the same, all the puzzles are the same (some even repeat the same objects!!), the potions were the same. It had no uniqueness chapter to chapter. It got easier too. I had it in advanced mode the whole time & in the demo, it was hard but not frustratingly hard but in the actual game it was too easy which means there is no replay option. Also, in the demo, I felt free to pick up the things I needed without guidance whereas in the actual game it wouldn't let me pick up things I knew I needed until it registered in the game that I indeed needed them. I originally rated this 4.5/5 stars but that goes to show I shouldn't be so impulsive especially since i rarely everrrr buy collector's editions & this one totally wasn't worth the money. (The only ones I have bought are Phantasmat, MCF, the 13th skull & Dark Parables the frog one? forgot the name LOL n now this hunk of junk). The first chapter was long but the rest of the game moves by too fast & it becomes so redundant that I've become bored & really don't care if I finish it. What a waste of money!!!! I would rate this 2/5 stars because the graphics are well done & it has those walking feet which are cute but I really should have waited for the SE if that!!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 30, 11 2:30 AM
mutemia wrote:@VolleyMom Dee
I agree, I appreciated the area clear signs as well, since there was so much backtracking. Developers take note.

I have not come across the "area clear" signs yet, so I obviously have a lot to do but thank you for the info on this

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 30, 11 2:33 AM
Finally, after 50 whole hours, as I had other things to do, I managed to start the demo! All reviews are great, I cannot add to any but one thing I wanted to stress is. to other DEV'S take note, this is what should happen when you are playing in advanced mode, no sparkles anywhere! Well made game. Thank you

jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jjj13 on Apr 30, 11 4:49 AM
Disappointing. So much repetition in both hidden object scenes and puzzles. Did not think this was value for money. Wish had waited for SE version.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Apr 30, 11 5:37 AM
ok, finished it...lovely long game but I'm DYING to get to the next section...wonder how long we'll have to wait. Not long, I hope, because memories and loyalities to a game are short.

The graphics/paintings are really superb in this game. I wonder if the develpers would have liked to own a home with deep wood paneling, inlay etc. The interiors were lovingly painted, not depressing but with soft light that brought out the luster in the wood, especially.

Like I commented before, there's a bit of tongue in cheek in this...when you go behind the saloon, it really is a garage heap, that LOOKS like one really does. It's funny and pretty good realistic way to paint items instead of grabbing pre-painted items and throwing them all over. These looked like the garage bag was turned upside down with the ashes and dumped in the back yard. Pretty realistic. I loved that scene.

I'm not loving the extra CE scene in the middle of the game. When you finish an expensive CE game, you feel depressed..kind of like finishing a yummy long book, but wait! there's another chapter! and a long one! That's the CE feeling I like. Even as I'm playing the main section of the game I know there's another section just waiting for me.
Putting it in the middle of the game makes you wonder if perhaps it ws supposed to be there anyway and there IS NO special section. Sometimes developers cut games short to "add" an extra section which smells, frankly. a CE game ought to have the depth, originality, cleverness, graphics of this game. But add a real extra section at the end. YOur so surprised that suddenly it is over that you really need a bit more gaming to get over the withdrawal from the game and the frustration.
kris
ps, bring on the rest of the story soon, seriously. There are a lot competitors out there.

[Post New]by bluewing on Apr 30, 11 7:09 AM
why does the cursor continusely move? I"m about to delete this game.

Proxyman
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by Proxyman on Apr 30, 11 7:36 AM
Ther's a glitch. You can try to switch to the system cursor. Try to play in a windowed mode (switch off fullscreen), or adjust you resolution to 1024x768. Of wait for a fix.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Apr 30, 11 12:44 PM
Ok. I am enjoying this game very much! the music is very low....sometimes the music in some games can be overbearing but this was very plesant. The graphics are very clear & there are many **** games scenes to play. The mini games are pretty easy so far...i do like a little more challenge than these but what can u do....if you like interactive games mixed with eerie atmoshere & good **** scenes...you will love this game...like i do....i rate this game....

4 out of

Enjoy the game!!!!

NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on Apr 30, 11 8:23 PM
I only played the demo and probably will not buy, specially as a CE. Felt it was a little boring and often not clear where interactive parts of the game were as some are magnifying glass, some eye symbol etc and others not obvious at all.

I also found the hidden object scenes quite boring, nothing to think about except finding something on a list, the hidden object scenes needed a puzzle or a challenge like other good games have.

It just did not excite me and I did not have that I must buy this game feeling after finishing the demo, so will be a no go for me.

Give it a 3 out of 5

indypeg57
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by indypeg57 on Apr 30, 11 8:25 PM
I Good Game. Doesn`t over-load you with inventory to have you going all over the place to use it.No tech. issues, good sound, good graphics. The length.., pretty short though for a C.E. And, I would appreciate being told at the beginning of the game, that the "BONUS" play is intregated into the main gameplay..before I get to the down-letting end, and am trying to figure out how to get to that "BONUS" gameplay I was looking forward to.
The HIOB`s were challenging. Can`t say hoe(drop the e , anymore) sounds too much like hough? Or what Santa says 3 times at Christmas.
Pretty soon, HIOB might sound too Muslum. Even with periods between the letters. Did I say periods? Women have those once a month.TOO offensive !!
I`m playing games with voodoo, and witchcraft in them, and the first 2 capped letters of Hidden Object gets **** out?
I didn`t even read the chants for the spells, cause I don`t want to go there anyway. But I would like to know how B.F. ( which could stand for a few other things) would like for us to abbreviate the words" Hidden Objects".
It bothered me more to get my last reply edited with ****`s, than it did, the ending of this game. Okay,Done venting. indypeg

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 30, 11 8:55 PM
now that i have finished the game also...

i did enjoy it and felt that the length was okay as was the depth of the roleplay and additional characters... not sure why the bonus play had to come in the middle of the game - frankly, i have a hard time thinking of what could have been 'bonus' about that stretch at the hotel... just don't know what could have been left out that would necessitate it being called bonus instead of regular... no stable? no room 7? what was so *extra* about the d@mn hotel??? it's bugging my brains out!

anyway... the graphics held throughout the game, as well as the ambient sound... and the hidden object scenes and puzzles didn't all of a sudden drop out, either... they held at the same difficulty level throughout and were nearly always present and pertinent to solving the next part of the mystery...

i liked that you could at least look at items and take note of them, even though they weren't needed at the time... so that when you found you had a need for something, it was simply a matter of going and getting it...

was i happy with the end? no i was not... in fact, i felt it was probably the harshest way to say "to be continued" since tony got that eyeball in his drink! but at least there was only three weeks to wait for that to play out - we find out tuesday!!! - whereas i will probably be waiting much, much longer for this one to finish up... oh, woe is me!

but even so... i would play it again in a heart beat! really enjoyed this one!

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Apr 30, 11 11:21 PM
Played 20 mins and really tried to like the game, but just found it a bit boring. There are too many games that are worth the CE (and I have most of them), but this, even as a SE would still not be on my 'must have' list.

I found the objects easy to find, the storlyine ok, the music non-obtrusive, the graphics ok.

Go to: