sunny64
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Allora and The Broken Portal

[Post New]by sunny64 on Jun 6, 11 7:25 PM
I really loved the whimsical graphics in this game in this game. I hope this small company does well in the future.

I buy a lot of games and usually pass on most straight hidden object games, but selected this because of the art. This was relaxing and fun to play and a nice break from the recent games with very similar game play and endless puzzles.

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by technocratee on Jun 12, 11 6:21 AM
Enjoyed the demo, I put it in the category Interactive Hidden Object, graphics are nice, the story is slightly irrelevant, can be played with/without reading the story, will buy at 2.99

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Jun 14, 11 7:51 AM
I actually like this game, even though I'm 50 and an experienced HOG player. Or maybe BECAUSE I'm 50 and not so demanding of 50 hour games that 90% of the players need a walkthrough to solve (if I can't do it myself, I just delete the game--never did like the idea of walkthroughs). It's light entertainment, possible to play even on cold medicine, which is perfect for my situation ATM.
The minigames are very easy. Skip button totally not needed, for those of you who get frustrated by those impossible puzzles on some of the games.
The graphics are beautiful. Cartoony, yes, but suits the mood of the game.
Have to agree about the dialogue moving too fast.
Disagree about the arrows. That's a minor annoyance compared to the appearance of vampires in every single game out there right now. Turns me off to the point I just automatically delete any game that even starts to MENTION vampires. Had it with the whole Twilight thing, ready to move on to something else.
Maybe it's because I've been playing hidden object games since before the turn of the century, but I actually like to see a "straight" HOG for a change. Makes me nostalgic for the days of games filled with well-drawn art, objects hidden in plain sight, no blood or gore, no timer, beautiful music and a chance to relax.

[Post New]by Moonbow on Jul 14, 11 10:19 AM
I am very upset about not being able to find the eye in the area with the dragon skull. I posted a request that someone please let me know where it is, and 6 people have looked at it and not one told me where to find it. I really hope I can find someone to help me or perhaps I need to uninstall it and redownload it and install it.

Please someone help me!

Moonbow

Edited on 07/14/2011 at 10:20:12 AM PST

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 20, 11 4:12 AM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 4 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by fraziely on Jul 29, 11 10:38 PM
I like the graphics, the HOG scenes; and the gameplay. But, I can hardly get past the arrows that pop-up ever 10 seconds or so that point the way to exits. They're very distracting to me!! You don't even have to mouse-over an area for them to pop-up. They just do so automatically. Been trying to get through this game for almost a month. But, I get so annoyed with this niggling little feature that I have to quit.

Other than that, it's a really good game.

[Post New]by Dsharalin on Aug 12, 11 9:16 AM
I agree with the others who have mentioned the beautiful fairy-tale graphics in this game. It is really a treat for the eyes, and just a really fun, enjoyable game all the way around. I really hope this developer will release more in the same style. Very well done!

Moonbow002
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Moonbow002 on Sep 6, 11 7:44 AM
I'm hoping someone can help me with the ship part of this game please. I am unable to find the darn fish hook on the ship. I just can't see it any where. Can someone please tell me where it is?

My email is moonbow003@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance!

Moonbow

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Sep 25, 11 12:47 PM
i originally passed on the demo thinking this was too childish...however, let me say after further investigation, it is charmingly enjoyable, albeit i dislike the arrows that Cherb was mentioning. great graphics, cute characters, a nice change from the dark side where i usually hang out...def a buy for me...enjoy!

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish12 on Oct 4, 11 9:08 AM
Lovely little relaxing game. Just could have done without the incessant arrows telling you where you can exit from the room, which was obvious. Other than that, great fun!

[Post New]by MysticCrystal84 on Oct 19, 11 7:15 AM
dogfish12 wrote:Lovely little relaxing game. Just could have done without the incessant arrows telling you where you can exit from the room, which was obvious. Other than that, great fun!

Did you have a problem finding the brick in chapter 7? I can not find it anywhere, and i know it "should" be on top of the building but it is not there.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Nov 9, 11 1:29 PM
Not a buy for me. The flashing arrows drove me crazy. I played about 10 minutes before screaming "No More Arrows!!!!"

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Nov 12, 11 6:41 PM
Awesome toon style & nice playability . . . !

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Nov 29, 11 9:43 PM
Sorry, but quite frankly I don't know how this game rated almost five stars. Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely game, good graphics and story, but basically all you do is visit 3 scenes, find the H.O.'s - use some of them to uncover the 9 hidden crystals, and solve a mini puzzle or two. Then repeat..and repeat and repeat...well you get the picture..not much variation. If you want an easy game with nice scenes in a fantasy setting for those times when you don't want something light and easy, then by all means. Except I believe there are much better games in the same genre, I'd rather have even at $2.99.

makewecasa
Clownfish
Clownfish
878 Posts

[Post New]by makewecasa on Mar 26, 12 5:29 PM
This is one of the most beautiful and relaxing games I have played. If you flinch every time you come across a HO scene in adventure games, you'll hate this one. But if you're a big fan of them from way back, you'll love it. It's not a child's game. The hidden objects can be very challenging to find but not because it's a series of junk piles. It's not. Some things are just very cleverly hidden. You will feel a sense of accomplishment when you finish a level. I am an expert HOG player, having played well over 200 before I started IHOG's. This is as good as it gets at straight HOG.

chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by chickenjools on Mar 28, 12 8:09 AM
Very boring! HOG after HOG, hardly any puzzles. I had to give up before the end of the demo as i feared for my sanity. I didn't like the graphics much either although I think I'm in the minority here.

Straight HOG fans will probably really enjoy it but it gets a thumbs down from me. Th

poppy45
Clownfish
Clownfish
834 Posts

[Post New]by poppy45 on Apr 30, 12 4:20 PM
for me, the hard to decipher HOGs make it difficult to enjoy what promises to be a good game

poppy45
Clownfish
Clownfish
834 Posts

[Post New]by poppy45 on Apr 30, 12 4:21 PM
for me, the hard to decipher HOGs make it difficult to enjoy what promises to be a good game

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Aug 14, 12 11:46 PM
I bought it based on the reviews but have gotten very irritated with it. I don't think it has much of a story and I lose my patience when I can't find the hard-to-find items and then after 3 clicks on the wrong items the curser goes crazy which I hate. I find the items to find because some of them are too well hidden and impossible to find. I can only take about 2-3 chapters at a time and then have to go play something else.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 24, 12 8:26 PM
Cromaxgal wrote:I bought it based on the reviews but have gotten very irritated with it. I don't think it has much of a story and I lose my patience when I can't find the hard-to-find items and then after 3 clicks on the wrong items the curser goes crazy which I hate. I find the items to find because some of them are too well hidden and impossible to find. I can only take about 2-3 chapters at a time and then have to go play something else.

I'm glad I read the reviews, especially yours. Thank you! I found myself getting irritated almost at the beginning. I got the cursor running amok almost right away and that is a pet peeve for me. The HOS are cluttered and items are just too difficult to find, especially when I'm penalized with that ridiculous cursor dance.

So it's a no-buy for me. I think I'm happier with evil sanitariums and spooky ghost stories.

Go to: