pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Great Game!!!!!

[Post New]by pgillenw on May 2, 11 6:53 PM
[b] Very good play. Enjoyed the graphics and as well the hunt in the hidden object scene's. The game is not difficult leaving the player a nice afternoons play. Not many puzzles to get in the way.

Obviously I enjoyed and I hope you do as well.

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love

[Post New]by Tundei on May 2, 11 8:58 PM
Playing this game for hours now and like it a lot. Gameplay is similar to RTR and I think the best IHOG in months.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 2, 11 9:43 PM
What a wonderful game! There is only one problem, it is way too short. According to the walkthrough, in my hour demo, I was halfway through the game. What a disappointment. I was enjoying the game so much I didn't even realize an hour had passed. I read all the dialogue, didn't skip the minigames, and didn't get any hints either.

Everything else about this game is wonderful. The graphics are beautiful and all the scenes are properly lit. None of the hidden objects scenes were too easy or too difficult. There is a bit of walking around so someone who doesn't like that won't enjoy this game. Otherwise, it is highly enjoyable. A definite buy for me on sale or as a DD, but since it was so short, I have to pass right now.

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on May 2, 11 10:56 PM
I played to the end even though I wasn't really enjoying it by then.

I've never used so many hints in my life. This game completely lacked flow. I usually had no idea what to do next and items that had no purpose (yet) in my inventory.

And, the hints were spoilers, so that took the fun out of it. I would've preferred a hint like "been to the kitchen lately?" as opposed to one like "go to the kitchen and get the chainsaw to cut down the tree." (Not real samples.)

And, there was so much mindlessly tromping around. Just making us go back and forth between points a and b (often!) does NOT constitute "adventure".

Edited on 05/02/2011 at 11:00:18 PM PST

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on May 3, 11 1:31 AM
Mmmmmm have just finished the demo and really not sure - game played well i.e. no lagging or crazy cursor but not sure that it did it for me. Can't really put my finger on it because graphics are excellent and lots of different scenes. Will have to ponder whether it is worth a credit

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 3, 11 3:02 AM
mostly_nameless wrote:I played to the end even though I wasn't really enjoying it by then.

I've never used so many hints in my life. This game completely lacked flow. I usually had no idea what to do next and items that had no purpose (yet) in my inventory.

And, the hints were spoilers, so that took the fun out of it. I would've preferred a hint like "been to the kitchen lately?" as opposed to one like "go to the kitchen and get the chainsaw to cut down the tree." (Not real samples.)

And, there was so much mindlessly tromping around. Just making us go back and forth between points a and b (often!) does NOT constitute "adventure".

I'm getting sick of all the traipsing around too. To the point where I'm using hints because I keep ending up in places where I can't use the new found tool anyway. It's walkthrough time or I won't finish this game!!

lydiajmack
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by lydiajmack on May 3, 11 5:57 AM
I want to thank all you fishies that take the time to review the demos and then give us your opinion. Most of the time, probably 99%, I do not review the demos before buying. I purchase based on your comments. So far, you guys have never steered me wrong. Thank you,

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on May 3, 11 11:58 AM
My thoughts are the developers should fire whoever was in charge of HOG scenes!
The game has all the possiblities of being a great game. Story was good, graphics good, puzzles good. But the HOG scenes were more than I could cope with. I tried.
I got through the first two and when I used the hint, I still couldn't see the object. It didn't look anything like it should. My final exasperation was when I used the clue to see "pills" and it was a red container sticking out of somewhere. Now the clue didn't say box of pills or bottles of pills... that box could have contained anything. I said. "That's it..." and ditched the game. I ended up using 3 or 4 hints per scene and I'm pretty good at HOG finding. Deleted.

Edited on 05/03/2011 at 12:00:14 PM PST

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on May 3, 11 12:01 PM
Old_Man_River wrote:outside of not being able to find the small well camouflaged objects in the junk piles, I like this game. Infairness, these old eyes aren't what they used to be, so I made an appointment with the eye doctor to see if these HOGs will get any easier

Where is the "like" button?

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 3, 11 12:46 PM
No idea, no idea

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on May 3, 11 12:56 PM
I just finished the game. It was nice and long, though I did take my time.

The hidden object scenes were a nightmare, and I didn't know what I was supposed to be doing half the time, but I enjoyed it nevertheless.

There could have been more puzzles. It started off with some really different ones, then they just seemed to dry up.

Just one thing -- what exactly WAS the bottle of vinegar doing on the table? I never did find out.

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on May 3, 11 1:28 PM
Nice game with great graphics, decent story.
Had to disable 3d graphics to cure jerky cursor, but there was no difference I could tell in the graphics quality after that.
Some hidden objects very hard to spot, but fast hint system, (and a magnifying glass made up for that).
Hints also made up for no walkthrough, with what to do next.
Only problem was game was too short.
Most puzzles were not difficult.
Overall it was a good buy.

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on May 3, 11 6:23 PM
arthurC wrote:
Just one thing -- what exactly WAS the bottle of vinegar doing on the table? I never did find out.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

Beats me.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on May 3, 11 6:27 PM
Well.... story was good, game too short, graphics somewhat sophomoric, some objects were just too darned small.. when will developers learn that well hidden does not mean microscopic??? Wore my shoes out running all over the place, which is good and bad... it's a little annoying, but there are a lot of places to explore!!

Definitely try before you buy this one...

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on May 3, 11 9:58 PM
Enjoyed this game a lot. Although some do not enjoy wandering around, to me; this makes for an enjoyable game. I like to snoop around finding objects to be used for purposes of use. ie. building ladders, pulling bricks out of walls and such. This is what makes for an interesting game.

My only objection to game was the HOG scenes. I had to use the find button way too much. A lot of the objects were way to small or blended into another object so that a lot of the time it was impossible to detect the object that needed to be found.

I did do a Beta test for this game and found some technical problems that I am happy to report that were fixed and that I had no problems as such in the game.

All in all, I had a really good time with this game. Some reviews complained about the length but, I thought that it was a fairly long game. I have been playing for about 3 years. I am not stupendously fast but am not slow either.

Glad that I purchased this one.

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on May 3, 11 10:00 PM
arthurC wrote:I just finished the game. It was nice and long, though I did take my time.

The hidden object scenes were a nightmare, and I didn't know what I was supposed to be doing half the time, but I enjoyed it nevertheless.

There could have been more puzzles. It started off with some really different ones, then they just seemed to dry up.

I was wondering about that bottle also. lol

[Post New]by Dimples55 on May 3, 11 10:20 PM
Love the game.It's hard enought to be challenging but not to hard so you want to rip your hair out. I have one problem, I missed finding one piece of paper by the time I reached the puzzle and I can't find it. Does anyone have a list of the paper placements? Thanks.

nightmusk
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by nightmusk on May 3, 11 11:21 PM
i liked it
i so love these games
where you have to unlock many doors
and keep going from place to place

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 4, 11 7:36 AM
Played it today and loved it. Really good graphics, didn't notice the music so it must have been OK ! H0 quite difficult to find, first time I use so many hints in a game, but it makes the game more challenging when you're determined to find everything without the help of the hint button. Mini games pretty good. As would say my dear Goofy, you use (at least I did) a lot of sneakers, wandering back and forth looking for the items you need. Good game.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on May 4, 11 7:50 AM
Lovely graphics. The storyline is interesting and I really want to know who committed the murder(s). The objects can be a bit hard to see, but on the whole well done. I enjoy IHOGs and this one pleased me greatly. If you don't like back and forth, this is one that you do that in. Sorry.

This game is an A.

Go to: