pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Secret of Hildegards

[Post New]by pjmatt on May 3, 11 7:27 PM
I sure messed up this time. I bought this and then discovered its a really bad game.There are no instructions for the puzzles and the skip for them only worked about half the time. and not much of a Story line, I won't even go into the Lame ending.

moors60
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by moors60 on May 3, 11 8:43 PM
I've got to agree with the statement that this is a "straight HOG game" with puzzles that assume you've done them before because they didn't have instructions (none that I could see anyway). It was disappointing because the narrative set up an interesting adventure scenario that I thought would be integrated with the hidden objects but no go. I played 20 minutes of the demo and realized this isn't my cup of tea either. I just bought the latest "Treasure Seekers CE" and this game pales greatly in comparison. I'll pass.

-Monique

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on May 3, 11 9:01 PM
This was a NO TRY, NO BUY for me based solely on the grapics of the three preview screens on the "Try / Buy" page.... Very fuzzy graphics and the one HOG sceen depicted only had a few objects to find. Reviews here aren't postive either....

Impatiently tapping my foot waiting for something that blows me away...

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on May 3, 11 11:46 PM
I absolutely agree with shadowfaxx.

This type of HOG is an average game that would have been standard 4 years ago. With the ability of devs and software now though, I am quite surprised anyone would released this for sale.

I played for 3 minutes and couldn't go any further. The H.O. areas were too easy...a blurred background with obvious objects. The names for said objects were oddly translated. So just boring...

devs...what were you thinking...

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on May 4, 11 3:00 AM
I really tried over a 2 day period to like this game . I thought "okay, I can put up with the arrows, I can figure out how to do the puzzles on my own (I mean it'll help the game last longer, right? The graphics are so so and I managed to find some mis-named(imo) and unusually(at least to me) named objects( I almost always just laugh at that sort of thing anyway) without much trouble. Just as I'm thinking maybe I'll use a PCC and get it the game froze up completely. Had to c/a/d/e to finally get out of it. Thought for a while I was just gonna have to shut the pc down cold . Not an action I undertake lightly . So, Sorry and to quote another fishie "Devs what were you thinking?" this is a delete and forget about it for me! Happy Gaming Fishies

cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by cjpandie on May 4, 11 3:32 PM
[b]I played for 20 minutes and felt that I was wasting my time. No fun at all. I really didn't like that there was no explaination for the puzzles. No go!!

errias
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by errias on May 4, 11 8:36 PM
this is with a doubt the worse game i've played.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on May 5, 11 7:19 AM
this game seemed cheaply made, very blurry. i lasted 4 mins

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on May 7, 11 4:35 PM
The backgrounds of the castle are lovely, sadly the graphics are fair. The game is HOG with very little adventure. The whole watch/clock thing just makes me shake my head and wonder if they make the similar mistake in other languagues? The story starts out interesting and fizzles cause I had no idea what I was doing other than running around doing HOGs.

This game is a C-.

runtotorun
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by runtotorun on May 7, 11 9:17 PM
I found it a bit boring. No buy for me.

[Post New]by lindajoanne2003 on May 8, 11 12:45 PM
agree totally with previous review one word for thisgame "BORING"

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on May 10, 11 2:47 AM
No purchase for me today. Graphics to fuzzy to see in all the h o scenes.

Happy game day to all fishies

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on May 10, 11 4:27 PM
OK.....so I'm 7 minutes into the Demo and had to click out of it! I was in a **** scene and soon realized that this is definately not for me. First of all, the exceedingly dark areas that they place objects and expect you to find them without having a click attack is beyond me.I could'nt get out of the **** scene unless I closed out of the game...did'nt like that! At least give me the option to go wandering off if I want to snoop around.....which I occassionally opt to do Sorry but I'm not feeling this one, or playing it either for that matter Soooooo,what's next BF

[Post New]by fortescue on May 11, 11 6:04 AM
the first scenes were okay but then i saw the symbols from Avatar:The last air-bender(animated) and i got so mad i stopped playing uninstalled it immediately. THIS GAME SHOULD BE CHARGED OF PLAGIARISM AND COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS!

this game is totally a waste of time don't bother downloading it!

twozamum
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by twozamum on May 15, 11 12:29 PM
Nothing worse than using a game credit to buy a stupid game like this. I hated it.
Puzzle after every hidden object scene with absolutely no instructions. Game kept flickering on my screen.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on May 16, 11 12:19 PM
I didn't like this game, I found the graphics were fuzzy and the gameplay pretty boring. There were H0 after H0 scenes, with puzzles in between. They had clocks listed as watches and watches listed as clocks- and is it just me, but what the heck is a whirligig??? Saying that, I do like learning new things from these games, but this time I was just stumped! Lol! Definitely not a buy for me.

[Post New]by Yx_Philly13 on May 22, 11 1:18 PM
I made the mistake of purchasing this game before trying it for an hour! There are too many HOS's! What happened to the instructions, & how come there's no walkthrough? I agree with all the other Big Fishers...this game SUCKS bigtime!! Is there any way to get a game credit for this or any other games we don't like? If not, there should be! lol

Ruvie
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Ruvie on Jun 1, 11 9:16 AM
I really enjoyed this game. I had an inkling who was responsible, but wouldnt have connected it to how it was. The bonus chapter left quite a bit to be desired for me.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Jun 5, 11 9:00 AM
I see the consensus on the forum that most fishies didn't like this. Well i loved it. Loads of mini-puzzles. A real puzzle fest.

The only real drawback for me that when I muted the music there wasn't any other sounds at all. i didn't like playing in complete silence.

I get bored with one HOG after another so my brain was given a good workout with this game.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jun 5, 11 3:23 PM
Overall Impression: Be glad I played this game instead of you. The premise had a lot of potential, but it didn't even come close to being recognized. This wasn't a near miss; this was a colossal failure on many levels.

Media Description: As long as you weren't in a HOG scene, the graphics weren't too bad. The was music was ok, but repetitive. There were no voiceovers.

Storyline: Good news for those who don't like to do a lot of reading; you won't have to. There is a storyline told through dialogue boxes, but it's so underdeveloped it might as well not even be there. In fact, I would have probably found the game less frustrating if it hadn't - just as confusing, but less frustrating since I wouldn't have been wondering how everything was supposed to be tying into the story. The ending was abrupt, and made you think, "I slogged through everything for this?"

Gameplay: The gameplay was easy enough to follow most of the time, but the lack of explanation about why you were going here or looking for that made it seem like a bunch of random HOG scenes thrown together for the heck of it rather than having any cohesive purpose.

HOG Scenes: The HOG scenes were junkpiles - and not the clearly rendered kind but the murky, hard-to-identify-anything kind. This is why even straight-HOG lovers probably won't be very impressed with this game. There is a misclick penalty, but the results only last a second or two.

Minigames/puzzles: Thank goodness these could be skipped! None of them had any instructions, and the goals of some of them were impossible to figure out.

Hints: The hints were unlimited but did take a few seconds to refill. In a game with clear HOG scenes, the time was short enough that it wouldn't have been a problem; but these were so bad it felt like it was taking forever!

Will Probably Appeal to: hardly anyone. There may be a few who are drawn in by the dark and eerie atmosphere, but I doubt it will be many.

Will Probably Not Appeal to: just about everyone. Because of the poorly rendered HOG scenes, even straight-HOG lovers are going to find it hard to enjoy this one.

Go to: