Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mokabean on May 8, 11 10:38 AM
One of my favorite games! Ran with no problems until the very last mini game in bonus play. The tiles remained blank after I inserted the key card and I had to skip the game.

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by greengrassyhill on May 8, 11 12:23 PM
carolina67 wrote:Also stuck at the bank outside teller. Solved the minigame and didn't receive what I was supposed to get. I really don't want to have to start over and even if I did, it looks like the same problem would pop up again. I would love to have this fixed as I love the game.

Just downloaded The Void again. Think I'll play that until the glitches are fixed. [/quote@Carolina67

Well, I said I was NOT going to buy any more big file CE games until they had been out at least a month and the bugs were worked out. But did I listen to my own advice? NO! I couldn't resist this game, and I have to say I absolutely loved it, or did until I played the mini game outside the bank and did not recieve my cork. Now, I am dead in the water. Stuck! Stopped dead in my tracked! My choices are to walk away from my $21 investment for game and hard copy --- or delete it and install it again when the hard copy CD arrives. And then start all over with a new profile. But who is to say the CD will be bug free?

This game ranks up there with Dire Grove, it's fun, challenging, not too short, and has a great mix of puzzles, the graphics are outstanding, and hey, I like the music too! It's my favorite kind of Big Fish Game! Will someone please tell me when a fix will be available for all the little bugs?
Thanks a million!

]

[Post New]by ElephantGames on May 8, 11 1:26 PM
Hi guys, (removed by moderator) Thank you everybody for your patience and Happy Mothers Day to all!

Edited on 05/09/2011 at 10:39:22 AM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 8, 11 2:25 PM
Thank you so much!! Maybe I'll be able to finish after all.

weekiwi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by weekiwi on May 8, 11 3:55 PM
Ok I was one of those crazy folk who hit the skip button when I couldn't figure out the date at the bank ....now its frozen and I can't finish the game What is there to fiz this? I love the game and am antsy to get back to playing it!!!!!!!!!!

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on May 8, 11 3:57 PM
weekiwi..... the fix is coming late tomorrow afternoon, BFG time. Check the forum then for a post about the update.

patcam52
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by patcam52 on May 8, 11 5:12 PM
Please please try and make sure the policeman in the cafe has his badge back, crossing fingers and toes lol!!

rebafish
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Glitch with radio tower elevator

[Post New]by rebafish on May 8, 11 7:18 PM
When descending the second time (after getting the earring) the elevator stops but the door won't open. I can go up but there's the same problem coming down. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and started over again with a new profile with no success. I've enjoyed the game and would like to finish it. Any ideas?

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

Glitch with radio tower elevator

[Post New]by Tundei on May 8, 11 9:00 PM
rebafish wrote:When descending the second time (after getting the earring) the elevator stops but the door won't open. I can go up but there's the same problem coming down. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and started over again with a new profile with no success. I've enjoyed the game and would like to finish it. Any ideas?

You need to go backwards.

rebafish
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

re:elevator glitch

[Post New]by rebafish on May 8, 11 9:14 PM
Thanks, Tundei. As Homer would say, "d'oh!". Sometimes I don't know where my brain goes.

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on May 8, 11 9:36 PM
I'm having problems with 2 games in the bonus section-the mouse puzzle and the self-destruct puzzle-in the mouse puzzle, the tiles don't respond-had to skip it. in the self destruct puzzle, after I put the card in, the puzzle doesn't load-the tiles remain grey. Will have to skip this puzzle as well. a bit of a bummer.

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on May 9, 11 1:06 AM
I'm another who "lost" the rose poisoning thing - it was very frustrating, I'd got four of the five "objects" (trying to avoid spoilers here!) to where they should be, but when I got to the last one, I realised the poison had disappeared.

Please get a fix for this soon - I was so impressed by this game, I was about to post about how good I thought it was.

Howdyholly
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Howdyholly on May 9, 11 1:24 AM
Hi, I am having a problem with the game. I am at the Brown family mansion and I apparently did things out of order. I added the belt to the engine which shut the engine hood, but I didn't get the wire cutters out before I did this. Now my hint tells me to get the wire cutters from under the hood in the brown family garage, but I can't get to it. I am at an impasse. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have tried closing and re-opening the game, but that didn't help. This is a super game, but I hate to stop before I actually finish it (especially since I spent $14 for it LOL!) Thanks!
-Holly

Laylasmum
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Laylasmum on May 9, 11 5:19 AM
I'm also stuck in a hidden object scene after finding all objects.

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on May 9, 11 6:50 AM
Demo played just fine! Received full version as Mother's Day gift.

Full game loaded fine, but when I clicked play: "Error: Access violation at 0x73F58E0F (tried to write to 0x4B7103FF), program terminated." Whole screen blinked black for a second, then returned to normal desktop with the Big Fish "play again?" window displaying. I clicked play a couple more times: same error message each time.

Uninstalled and reloaded the game. Same error message, same "play again?".

Fingers crossed for today's update!

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on May 9, 11 9:04 AM
jazz2451 wrote:My game froze at the radio tubes puzzle. I clicked on the skip button, Now the levers don't work and I can't back out of the screen. The hint just says to solve the puzzle. My video drivers are up to date. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and updated flash player and shockwave.

I have the same problem - uninstalled and reinstalled -still no help! STUCK!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 9, 11 9:28 AM
Howdyholly wrote:Hi, I am having a problem with the game. I am at the Brown family mansion and I apparently did things out of order. I added the belt to the engine which shut the engine hood, but I didn't get the wire cutters out before I did this. Now my hint tells me to get the wire cutters from under the hood in the brown family garage, but I can't get to it. I am at an impasse. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have tried closing and re-opening the game, but that didn't help. This is a super game, but I hate to stop before I actually finish it (especially since I spent $14 for it LOL!) Thanks!
-Holly

Welcome to the pond! This happened to me and several others. I've contacted CS and said I'll wait and see if it's fixed today. Good luck!

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on May 9, 11 10:32 AM
Jorie10 wrote:
abengalcatlover wrote:Jorie10 I have 3 posts on here and one is above yours. I finally after hours figured out it was as simple for me to change the cursor from what it is set on. The custom cursor. Try that and see if it helps. Belive me I spent hours on the radon site with adjusting graphics and lost alot of free play doing it. And that one simple thing worked.

Hi, Abengalcatlover!
I, too, disabled the custom cursor, but really did not enjoy playing the game with the system cursor. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a try. Thanks for writing! I'll try the game play again with just the system cursor. Best - Jorie

UPDATE but still not a good solution:
Deselected Full Screen and the flickering didn't happen. Unfortunately, I could not resize the 12"x12" display 'windowed' mode I ended up with. If the window could be resized, Abengalcatlover and I would have a great workaround.

Well, silly me
Just checked System Requirements for the game and Windows 7 isn't even supported. Time to set up my old XP machine. (Mystery Trackers the Void worked great on that old system. I just checked Void on Win7 and see the same issues I see with Raincliff.)

ilovered1
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by ilovered1 on May 9, 11 11:33 AM

And by the way guys, I am buying a new laptop next week, windows 7 of course, I am using XP now, I seem to hear of a lot of problems with these games for windows 7 users? Is this correct and why would that be? Maybe I should gte windows XP installed on it LOL

Get a Laptop with Windows Vista installed to it. Works perfectly fine besides XP. Windows 7 still has a lot of fixing up and updates to do. Good Luck to you. Make sure laptop is good for gaming too. Mine is a Sony Vaio.

airace
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by airace on May 9, 11 11:57 AM
Is there going to be a game fix soon? I started the game and everything went fine untill chapter two, went to the hidden section and got everything there but it will not release me from the screen! I can go to the menu and get out of the game fine but when I reload and start again it sends me right back to the hidden object screen and I cannnot get an further! I have hundreds of games and have not had this kind of problem before? Am on Windows XP with plenty of RAM (2g) and a good video card (AZUS 850). Any thoughts?

Go to: