marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 6, 12 4:16 AM
This game is just as beautiful as the first one in the series, fantastic graphics, challenging puzzles and a nice story line.

Another winner for Bf.

[Post New]by Readwritelove on Jan 7, 12 4:20 PM
A very unusual series. Looking forward to more.

[Post New]by pinkpantheress on Jan 23, 12 4:52 PM
Helppppp stuck! Can't find how to open the sping door....can't find the crystal to unlock the stairs....already went through the fall door....getting very frustrated. About to uninstall and ask for my money back! Can someone please help!

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Jan 24, 12 1:30 PM
COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY SPECTACTULAR WELL DONE BIG FISH. GRAPHICS AND SOUND EFFECTS WERE GREAT. LOTS TO DO IN THE GAME. TKS TO A LITTLE FISHY U KNOW WHO U R FOR GIVING ME HELP WITH THE WINTER WORLD THE HARDEST LEVEL IMHO. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SERIES. XO

Ariztokat
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Ariztokat on Mar 26, 12 5:36 PM
Beautiful game! Much better than the first of the series. Loved it all.

The graphics are so pretty. Lovely scenes.
The game ran a lot smoother than the first one.
Voiceovers weren't as intrusive as the first one.
Much more interesting HO scenes.

Overall: and

Ariztokat
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Ariztokat on Mar 30, 12 10:43 AM
moonchild8 wrote:This game is simply awesome! I also loved the first Empress of the Deep and I am very glad the second one has the same standard. What else can I say then simply awesome and graphics are also beautiful a joy for the eye! Also looking forward to the next one

Did you like this one better than the first one? I sure did! More challenging and much more beautiful scenes.

jsfurman
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by jsfurman on Apr 21, 12 10:16 AM
I like it but won't buy it because I have no idea how long it is. Can't find a walkthrough to see. If someone can share how many chapters there are, I might consider it. Thanks

Tex_Murphy
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Tex_Murphy on May 19, 12 12:31 PM
A SUPERB, BEAUTIFUL, WELL-CRAFTED GAME!! Lovely graphics, good storyline, a real pleasure to play. One of the best!

Jewel1111
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Having Trouble

[Post New]by Jewel1111 on Jul 1, 12 3:53 PM
Did you ever get a reply to your question? I am having the same problem. No walkthrough!

coloryourlife wrote:This may seem silly since the hints tell one what to do next; but I cannot get the "artifact" Placed on the Spring child to move forward. I have tried everything! Any ideas or do I have a bug that is not allowing placement? ThANKS!

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Jan 15, 13 12:37 PM
Well. Another game credit down the drain.

I had read through the comments for this game and its predecessor and thought I would see what all the great hype was about. I'd also seen them mentioned on other game forums so I got all excited about them....

Well, having completed this silly sequel in just under 3 hours I have to say - flat, unexciting, thrill-less, unchallenging, and visually not up to much.

There were a few lovely scenes, like the autumn world with its trees and gazebo, but it was just a momentary glimpse. The characters were non-existent, other than Jacob's static face and that whirling -whatever- it-was at the end.

The HOs were easy, with a large number of non-hidden objects that were pretty obvious to see. You had to "find" twinkly birds, coloured orbs and other flashy objects. The usual mis-labeled HO lists - what's a "red vile"? - oh, a bottle of red liquid. Hmmm.

The puzzles were pathetically easy and more than half the time were simply placing things on the screen wherever and in no particular order. There were a number of pictures that you clicked on the tiles to turn them over to make a picture. About 75% of the puzzles were as simple as kindergarten entry tests. And to add insult to injury, you "saved" totem animals by........ clicking on them. Wow.

And the ending? To be continued.

No thanks.

[Post New]by corrolla on Feb 19, 13 10:22 PM
Well this game is great. got through it in a couple of hours. You dont need a walkthrough if you be patient and watch what you are doing. This has to be one of the best games I have had the pleasure of playing..... Thankyou

godschild1955
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by godschild1955 on Mar 14, 13 7:05 PM
Not that Impressive.
The cut scenes & voices were very annoying & WAY TOO LONG for my taste.
A Lot of them you couldn't even click anywhere to get rid of them.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a nice storyline, but my main reason for buying a game is to Play it. Just glad I didn't waste money on the CE.

godschild1955
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by godschild1955 on Mar 14, 13 7:14 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:I can't understand it. Everyone, but me, raves about this game, and its predecessor! I didn't like that one, and I like this one less. This is such a silly game. I will admit I only played part of the trial, but it is simple to a fault. Glittery, sparkly, no difficulty levels, so it is what it is. Silly. A dolphin telling me, "Believe in yourself!"
The objects needed are large. The items in the HOS are the big, obvious ones. Just click on what looks likely and you got it!

It must just be me though. I am disappointed, as I am sick of dark mansions and ghosts, and this is so colorful!

You're not alone here twinsoniclab.....
Each scene seemed to jab a little further into my last nerve.
The Voices were annoying, the cut scenes were TOO long & at times no way to click and get rid of them.
Puzzles were actually an insult.
What a Waste...I'm just glad I buy the CE Version-YIKES!

godschild1955
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by godschild1955 on Mar 14, 13 7:16 PM
Sprattie wrote:Well. Another game credit down the drain.

I had read through the comments for this game and its predecessor and thought I would see what all the great hype was about. I'd also seen them mentioned on other game forums so I got all excited about them....

Well, having completed this silly sequel in just under 3 hours I have to say - flat, unexciting, thrill-less, unchallenging, and visually not up to much.

There were a few lovely scenes, like the autumn world with its trees and gazebo, but it was just a momentary glimpse. The characters were non-existent, other than Jacob's static face and that whirling -whatever- it-was at the end.

The HOs were easy, with a large number of non-hidden objects that were pretty obvious to see. You had to "find" twinkly birds, coloured orbs and other flashy objects. The usual mis-labeled HO lists - what's a "red vile"? - oh, a bottle of red liquid. Hmmm.

The puzzles were pathetically easy and more than half the time were simply placing things on the screen wherever and in no particular order. There were a number of pictures that you clicked on the tiles to turn them over to make a picture. About 75% of the puzzles were as simple as kindergarten entry tests. And to add insult to injury, you "saved" totem animals by........ clicking on them. Wow.

And the ending? To be continued.

No thanks.

Couldn't have said it better Sprattie!
BIG....

[Post New]by Pendragon2013 on Mar 17, 13 7:40 AM
I simply love this game and would love to see a continuing story because the storyline is excellent. But which game first Song of the Blue Whale or The Darkest Secret? I like to play games that run in chronological order and I have become an avid fan of hidden objects ever since I bought games like this.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Apr 11, 13 10:50 AM
WONDERING ABOUT THAT BUNDLE SALE?

THIS WAS PUBLISHED WEB PAGE 11 DEC 2011

Beautiful & Soothing, Best Enjoyed By Kids.

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

This game is the ultimate in zen therapy for stressed mums. Park the kids in front of it, or take a leisurely tour of the fantastical locations for yourself.

Gameplay: The quest aspect is simple and relatively easy so the focus is on the beautiful surroundings and the puzzles. The puzzles were straightforward for the most part, but I did skip a few because I ran out of patience with them.

Artwork: Despite my mediocre response to the gameplay I did love really beautiful graphics. Although I've seen better artwork in terms of clarity and technological quality, I found myself dawdling through HO scenes, taking in the sights and soaking up the atmosphere. Music and sounds contributed much to the relaxing environment.

Story: It is simple and easy to follow, less involving, however, than the graphics. It’s the closest I've seen too a truly original fairy tale, and kids would love it.

Replay: I might play it again if I need to de-stress, but this really is for a younger audience and presents little challenge.

Flaws: The map is worse than useless. So getting around sometimes frustrating.

Tip: If you enjoyed the first Empress of the Deep, this is the same story with better artwork.

This is definitely a 'try before you buy' game, as some may find it too easy and/or too unrealistic.

I recommend this game!

(These days, those graphics look really dated)

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Apr 18, 13 5:40 PM
After completing the second game in the series, I rather enjoyed it. I found navigation pretty easy and the progression of the game rather straight forward. I liked the story line and I also liked the integration of animals in the game. Even though a former review listed that the games were published in 2011, I would rather wait and get all three at once, instead of thinking the first game didn't have a good ending, or being bothered about the "to be continued" remark at the end of both games. Now I can head back and finish up with the third game in the series. Everyone is different and what someone likes or doesn't like should not influence your personal decision on whether to buy a game or not. Playing a demo and making a comment on the entire game is like reading one chapter and then giving a book review on the entire book, just doesn't make sense to me. But hey, that's just my personal opinion.

Wakame
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by Wakame on May 13, 13 11:11 AM
Two minutes of the demo was enough for me. Why have they made the 'skip cutscene' button also the 'hint' button? I don't want a hint just because I've skipped a cutscene!!

[Post New]by shelterhill on May 20, 13 8:52 AM
I did not like the first Empress, so I overlooked this one.. until it was on sale today.. Loved the demo, bought straightaway..and love it!!!

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on May 31, 13 5:46 PM
'Song of the blue whale' is even better than the first game of the Empress series.
The music was exquisite, the graphics crystal clear and I loved the children.
Thru the little twists and turns it put a huge smile on my face. Look forward to Game 3.

Go to: