Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Hidden in Time: Looking-glass Lane

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 15, 11 9:43 AM
Wasn't too keen on the previous one. Did try to like this one but I don't ! Too easy and repetitive

[Post New]by alohalou_13lou on May 15, 11 10:48 AM
I can't find the popcorn by the wrecked train....can someone help me....I can't move on to the next screen....

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on May 15, 11 11:18 AM
Can't say it is a "favorite", but did enjoy playing it with the exception of those "train track games"...those got very tiring and I just started skipping over them. Way too many. Story line not that great, seemed to be just an outline for the game. Never did find all the cans, but liked the hint mirrors. Would I recommend? Hmmmm, maybe.

slotfish
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by slotfish on May 16, 11 3:46 AM
I enjoyed this game It was well worth the time .

Edited on 05/16/2011 at 3:46:57 AM PST

[Post New]by cschwind on May 16, 11 8:34 AM
:this game has some crazy malfunction. i unlock the 3rd lightbox and place it on the table but the lightbox will not leave my screen so i cannot unlock the bathroom to get the bolt cutters. help

Edited on 05/16/2011 at 8:36:41 AM PST

JoleneMc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by JoleneMc on May 17, 11 2:38 PM
I really disliked playing this game. It was not enough "adventure" and too much "hidden objects". Most of the time as soon as you finished one of the hidden object sites, you would be at another one. For some, that would suit them, but I want more walking around and exploring. I had purchased Shiver, Vanishing Hitchhiker and Amber Maiden a few days before this one and these suited me much more. So, if you want adventure--skip it; if you love hidden object--buy it.

capipe
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

TOO MANY HIDDEN OBJECTS!!!

[Post New]by capipe on May 17, 11 7:26 PM
GOOD GRIEF! every time i go somewhere there's another hidden object scene. I am overdosed on it. I wish i'd never bought this game. it's not a true adventure game. it's boring. the puzzle scenes are all the same. WHAT A WASTE!

Michou3
Herring
Herring
398 Posts

[Post New]by Michou3 on May 20, 11 6:10 AM
I am bored with this game. The story is not keeping me interested, and there is very little interaction with the objects. By "interaction", I mean having to find or earn certain objects to access other locations or puzzles (like in many hidden object games). I did buy this game, but overall, I'm disappointed.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on May 22, 11 2:56 PM
This was a delightful game; some challenges, but overall fairly easy with plenty of opportunity to get hints (little mirrors). There was some interaction with the hidden objects which always makes a game more interesting. Finding & shooting cans was a plus! I never understood the reasoning behind it, except that it was fun! I recall playing the first "Hidden in Time: Mirror, Mirror" and enjoyed enough that I also bought it for my sister.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on May 22, 11 6:03 PM
LinLyn wrote:I found this game enjoyable in the beginning but by the ending I just wanted it done. It became so repetitive that you knew just what would happen next. Same **** scenes. Same train track puzzle. Over and over again. A little more creativitity could have greatly improved this game.

Exactly!! And the whole thing about not saving until you finish an entire section is just down right antiquated.

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on May 23, 11 4:58 PM
Well, I played for the hour and I like this game........kinda different concept......saving crazy grandma instead of crazy inventor grandpa.....

But I got the game, the game doesn't seem spooky so much as one of those time adventures.....

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on May 23, 11 5:00 PM
If you are still looking for the popcorn (and I hope you're not this long) ;you will find an ear of corn to put on the fire and it will pop. I liked this one enough to play it again some time because I somehow missed 10 tin cans to shoot. I didn't really get in to that until I play a while and there is no going back. All-in-all it was fun.

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by eedebeep on May 23, 11 6:20 PM
It's fun enough, but the game subtracted some of my tin cans as I played, so i don't know what the "prize" is for finding all of them. B+

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on May 23, 11 8:48 PM
It's an OK game,with a cute storyline, although I had trouble seeing some objects because they are so small. I've played up to the 3rd. box and the key wouldn't work and the enlarged view of the box froze on the screen. I left that scene 3 times and repeated the **** scene,up to the box, only to be stuck there again. I think I'm going to delete myself and start over.If that doesn't work,I will uninstall the game and reinstall it from my purchase history. So I guess I must like the game to go to all that trouble to play it! I love shooting the cans too, the sound effects are cool!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on May 24, 11 10:56 AM
The graphics are nice. The game is a lovely addition to the series. However, some items are hard to see and I always love when the hints draw a circle around a blank spot. The story is the best part of this game. Loved it, not enough to add it to my collection but enjoyable.

This game is a B.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on May 25, 11 12:32 AM
This is really a great game. Lots of well hidden objects. I have never been bored with it. Played it every where on a recent trip so it's definitely a decent length. A good story and looking foward to the outcome. Kept me busy waiting for a plane in an airport and every where else. Have no complaints on this one. Thanks to developers and BFD for this one.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on May 29, 11 6:38 PM
I really enjoyed this game. The HOGs were fairly hard and some items tend to be a little small, but they are discoverable. I had a hard time finding the little mirrors for extrea hints, but I managed to get through it without too many hints. I did not enjoy the repeatedly-boring connect the tracks game at all. The first couple of times was okay, but come on guys/gals, let's get inventive. Overall, it was a good game and worth the money on a lazy Sunday afternoon. I really enjoyed finding the tin cans and shooting them, but I did not get all of them and would like to have had a chance to go back and find them without having to play the game completely over again.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on May 29, 11 6:38 PM
I really enjoyed this game. The HOGs were fairly hard and some items tend to be a little small, but they are discoverable. I had a hard time finding the little mirrors for extrea hints, but I managed to get through it without too many hints. I did not enjoy the repeatedly-boring connect the tracks game at all. The first couple of times was okay, but come on guys/gals, let's get inventive. Overall, it was a good game and worth the money on a lazy Sunday afternoon. I really enjoyed finding the tin cans and shooting them, but I did not get all of them and would like to have had a chance to go back and find them without having to play the game completely over again.

[Post New]by Lesawewin on May 30, 11 6:54 PM
What's up with not being able to go from full to windowed screen without losing the progress that's been made in the scene. Very frustrating!

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on May 31, 11 10:25 AM
Comment: I really did not enjoy this game. I don't like so many H0 scenes, and it wasn't very hard to find my way around. It took me quite a long time to finish the game because I would let days go by without playing. I did not play the "mirrored game" so I've no comment about it. When I first started the game and saw I needed to "find" a number of items, I thought at first this would open another chapter but it gives the opportunity to play the mirrored game. Anyway, it turned out to be a "not so good" game for me but I see many others liked it.

Go to: