Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Penguin29 on May 14, 11 3:37 PM
What a GREAT GREAT GREAT game. Love the Hidden object scences and the adventure mode. A wonderful twist in the hidden object scenes... you did not just have to find items, sometimes, you had to find items and perform a task to get another item in the list. Sort of like using your tools within the hidden object sence itself. I would buy more games if they were like this one. Thanks

LARRY178
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition

[Post New]by LARRY178 on May 14, 11 5:45 PM

Great mini-games. Far better than most. The game goes on much longer than a lot of the games I have purchased here. I haven't counted the scenes as yet, but they are plenty and there are twists that make you think a bit.

I agree about the sparkles - I would have welcomed a mode without them.

Highly recommend this game; I do not normally purchase the CE version, but in this case, I think it is worth the money.

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on May 14, 11 11:15 PM
Bonus game is too short I am a slow player, it took me 20-30 minutes to finish.

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on May 15, 11 12:44 AM
Just finished ... took me about 6 hours + 1/2 for bonus (but I look @ everything).
And................ I this game! Great music, voices,scared me a couple of times ,fun puzzles, both ihog scenes + reg ones...just really fun!! Glad I got this one

Spoiler ALERT highlight to read: the only 3 pet peeves I must say was the ONE mistake in voice and text -last word when you talk to doc (mountain/fountain?); James is dressed in modern clothes... and the fact that you have to click right on an object to use it.
Oh well...other than that it was perfect! Fun!

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on May 15, 11 12:55 AM
mmemubon wrote:Bonus game is too short I am a slow player, it took me 20-30 minutes to finish.

It took me the same amount of time and usually I play pretty fast. Actually, 30-60 is pretty normal for any bonus game. Yes, could've been longer only 'cause I didn't want it to end! I hope you had fun though!

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on May 15, 11 5:21 AM
Finished the game and bonus play....now that was fun. I really enjoy these developers.
With one exception...have they ever been to Maine?

I live here, on the coast in a little burg called Harpswell, not an hour from Portland and about 2 plus hours from Bangor. I've never seen any buildings in this state that looked even a little bit like the old Europeon looking ones portrayed in the game. Why pick Maine? This is a place of old woodframe farmhouses, mansions on the sea, red brick old towns. IF your going to pick Maine...where is the ocean? The rocks? The accent? Seems that the dev. had a trip through here...liked it but the game was waaay underway in graphics (which are beautiful) and changed the names but not the look. He /she should have traveled a mite further downeast to Quebec and have found the look he liked. (Perhaps he read the short story by Stephen King "The Fog" and got the idea...scarey!) Ah well.....

This game has a nice flow, lengthy ( just finished it and started it on thursday), the painting/graphics are really wonderful My favorite scene is the second one in the bonus game..your on a rocky ledge, waaay high with a quite a gale going..the bright fall leaves are blowing past you with a gorgous red. It really is nice...although a bit cold. Had to get my afgan.

One gets lost with all the scenes,,least I did and needed helping finding my way from you all. It's lovely getting lost. Not frustrating, just..head scratching...now where did I see that? In my case I couldn't figure out how to get back to the railroad station. Once you all helped me, life was good again and back neck deep into the game I went. That is what this game is great for.

I was also impressed with the music. Fine eerie chorals, strings, organ. I love it when a developer puts money into a composer and orchestra...thank you. I would have liked to have played that organ or was it a piano///love the games when I get to play on a keyboard and make music since my own piano is woefully out of tune. Hmmm. that's an idea...let us tune an instrument!

Anyway, I digress. This CE was worth the money...as tight as a new englander can be..this was a good buy. Enjoy!
kris

lillijeff
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by lillijeff on May 15, 11 7:23 AM
This is a MAGNIFICENT game!!!! Absolutely fantastic!!! The interactive **** scenes are a HUGE asset to the game -and so original too!!!!!!!! Congratulations all around!!!!

[Post New]by blumoonlit on May 15, 11 9:40 AM
Just finished the game and the extra play...........was delighted with the game itself and the graphics I thought were good. Items were intriguing to figure out what goes with what. Story line was a little off key but all in all I loved the game and glad I made the purchase. Only negative thing was I thought it was a little too short of a game.

5 stars

[Post New]by shellseeker on May 15, 11 10:30 AM
sorry i posted elsewhere, but the graphics, music, story-line-everything was over the top !!! i enjoy the adult theme and the interactive ****'s . more please-more lol

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on May 15, 11 11:05 AM
Just finished game and enjoyed it very much. Definately lists in my top10. However, the mini games were really hard and I admit, I did skip most. Not a very "logical" thinker I'm afraid. No doubt the game was a challenge, did use the help tab quite a bit. One thing I did figure out after awhile is you need to be very specific where you place the curser during the hidden object games. Some of the hidden object games required additional interaction and unless you were very specific where you placed the object...it would just say "only in the movies" which got to be very annoying. So if you are sure, you need to keep clicking until it finds the right spot and clicks in. If you don't you will go crazy. All in all a good challenging game. I had to change the big clumbsy curser which comes with the game to a regular one after a while though. Bonus game is good, but ends a bit abruptly with 2 items still in your inventory.

_Jinxy_
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by _Jinxy_ on May 15, 11 11:10 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
Poodlebear wrote:Wasn't there someone who went on a tirade recently about people saying, "Downloading now."? Anyway...

Downloading now.

You know why Moses was stutter? Because the Devil asked God to test him. And God came to Moses baby and put in front of him a beautiful diamond, and a piece of ember, and asked him to choose between the two. Moses chosed the ember and put it straight to his mouth. That's why he is stutter... And that's why people will do anything to break the restrictions - what? I can't touch it? Ha, wait and see...

On topic: I am downloading too...and already bought the game. There is some original concept about the HOG scenes - they are very interactive, which increases the Adventure mode in the game.

I hope very much that the game will run fine. Still waiting for the Raincliff patch.

Thanks developers, thanks BF.

Edit for typo

Have I missed something? I totally have no idea what you are talking about 'above' on that joke?

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 15, 11 1:42 PM
I'm not too sure about this game. Played the whole demo and wasn't grabbed (I was straight away with Raincliff). Beautiful graphics, music, voices, though.
I got very annoyed with the "That only works in movies" when you weren't in the exact spot. That became a real nuisance.
Didn't like the hint system, if I do use a hint, I want it to show me the object I'm looking for, not just mess around.
And I got really put off with the dice game, spent a long time trying to sort it out and ended by skipping. So if I happen to come across many more like this one I will get really bored and feel like a perfect idiot. I hate skipping mini games.
So I'll wait for the SE, tomorrow is another day and may be F.A.C.E.S. will appear...

[Post New]by Steveglenview on May 15, 11 1:57 PM
THe whole program is very slow and jerky and the customised cursor is a nightmare completely out of sync

Larkin1212
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Larkin1212 on May 15, 11 2:09 PM
mytime_12 wrote:I received an email a few days ago to beta test this game. After I finished playing, I went back to do the survey, only to find a message saying something about the survey being closed. Guess I waited too long. So I decided to post my comment here.

I liked the game very much. I don't usually leave the music on, but because I was beta testing the game, I thought I should, and it was enjoyable. Sometimes eerie, which goes well the the story. I did not find it annoying at all and did not experience any technical issues. It is a very interesting storyline about the supernatural. The graphics are somewhat eerie but very clear. The objects in the hidden object scenes were neither overly easy or extremely hard to find. Just the right level of searching IMO. It was just a short demo, but in that time, I came upon approximately 1/2 dozen mini-games. The mini-games are not too hard, however, they did require some brain power. What I really did enjoy, beside what the story is all about, was the hidden object scenes. Some of them require you to interact with the objects within the scene. This is something I like to do. If the game throughout is the same as the demo, I give it 5 and will definitely buy it.

Larkin1212
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Larkin1212 on May 15, 11 2:15 PM
I am really enjoying the game. Love the illustration and graphics. I too like the interactive **** scenes. I did have a problem when I first started playing however with the dice. I gave the die I got from a HOG and had to exit out of the game and when I came back my die was not in the dice game and there was no way to get it back. I had to start over with a new player name. Other than that I really like the game. I am having trouble with the puzzle where you have to line up the colors and may have to skip but I don't like to skip so I will keep trying. Anyone know of a logical way to do this puzzle. My brain is starting to ache.

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on May 15, 11 4:08 PM
I finished the game (including the SHORT bonus game) last night.

I couldn't launch the game from the game manager because I kept getting an "access violation", but I could launch it from a non-manager icon.

It was a fun game, but I did have a couple of other odd problems.

I had a problem getting the coin from the broken mirror. I had to go out, then come back in, then make a hint tell me the coin was there...then it was finally there. Strange.

I had trouble picking up a couple of other things too (like the ladder), but got it all to work.

I also had a problem with the slider puzzle with the green, blue, yellow purple buttons on the track. They really didn't like sliding and I eventually got fed up trying to make them slide and skipped the puzzle. I'm not sure what that was about.

It was a good game, if a bit short for a collector's edition. I had to look at the strategy guide a couple of times because I was lost as to my next task/location. But, I think part of that was because I had the coin problem (and then later because I had missed an angel somewhere.)

If they fix the bugs, this one would get a big thumb's up from me.

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on May 15, 11 4:43 PM
This is a very enjoyable game. This is the first time that i have really enjoyed the HOG scenes. They are more interactive than usual. I am attracted more to the adventure aspects of a game and for my part, I could usually do without the HOG entirely. These were actually fun.

However, the cursor is a mess. It is very hard control and I had to take off the custom cursor. This is irritating because now all there is is an only an arrow/

The HOG scenes although interesting, could be a little clearer. The scenes are a sort of grey blue which makes items difficult to distinguish

Out of side of these things the game as a whole is very good and holds interest very well. I have not heard of these devs. before and if they just do a little tweaking any further games could be promising.

[Post New]by skippy_tramp on May 15, 11 4:54 PM
I really like the game and he story was just a good thank you

[Post New]by miriam1 on May 15, 11 5:48 PM
Did post in other thread but was wondering does anyone have issues in accessing **** at base of tree I can't go further without doing so. No sparkles has the tree died.

[Post New]by hellion86 on May 15, 11 7:53 PM

i've just finished the game, including the bonus game & its pretty good all round.
i did have to skip quite a few of the mini games though (don't get me started on that coloured square puzzle!! ) i had no skip bar until i started the game all over again with a new profile.
i did get confused in places, what with all the backtracking, but hey, i made it!

SPOILER ALERT!
can i just ask though?
am i the only person who finished the bonus game with items still left in my inventory??
i still had a weight & a blowtorch in there for some reason

overall, i'd give this a big
happy gaming fishies

Go to: