pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Emma and the Inventor.

[Post New]by pgillenw on May 22, 11 1:24 PM
I have not finished the game although I certainly will. What can I say except it is a "cute" game. My taste in games evolved to games with a more sinister side such as Dire Grove actually all of the MCF games. Just replayed Mystery Trackers. Loved the Phantom of the Opera and the Vampire games such as Love Death Bitten.

However thus far this game is a break from my favorite game type and I would recommend it as kid friendly.

BTW the game plays well on Win7, 64-bit Home Premium, Widescreen

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on May 22, 11 1:30 PM
Sooooo disappointed! The reviews at the beginning of this thread were so good, I went off to buy. Should have continued reading. The game is really, really short! The puzzles were easy to figure out (except for the pipes - I had to look at the walkthrough for that). The hidden object scenes were also easy. Should also have checked out the walkthrough before buying - would have been able to see what the length was. Oh well, used a credit so don't feel TOO bad! Off to demo Hidden Mysteries now!

Gail

Edit: Sorry about that "off to demo" comment.

Edited on 05/22/2011 at 1:32:04 PM PST

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on May 22, 11 2:45 PM
i d/l, played the demo, had 23 minutes left, and wasn't in any hurry...i really liked the play, familiar theme, but if i had to come up with a new one i guess i'd be a dev instead of a player...
some unique puzzle play, which has me thinking this may be a buy next month when i have some bonus credit...
i agree with pretty much all that goofy duck has to report, except i found no bugs, which is a happy happenchance for me...
hope everyone is having fun.......

karbuff
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by karbuff on May 22, 11 6:00 PM
I really enjoyed playing the game, but was really disappointed in the length. It took me less than an hour to finish the whole game and actually thought I must have missed something when I got to the end so quickly. It was an easy game to play and the mini games really weren't much of a challenge, but kept me interested. When it uploaded it appeared that it was going to be a game of some length so I was looking forward to a game that would occupy a couple of hours of my time. But even with multitasking while playing, I was completely finished in less than an hour.

[Post New]by HereF1shyF1shy on May 22, 11 6:45 PM
Like others have said, this was entirely too short with very easy mini-games. I'm pretty disappointed.

kristidumplin
Manatee
Manatee
3,656 Posts

[Post New]by kristidumplin on May 22, 11 7:05 PM
The game is fine - graphics, music, voice-overs, nifty gadgets, all of that..but it's short, short, SHORT!! If you have about an hour and a half, and that's not skipping anything and going to the bathroom once, the game is fine. Otherwise, if you're looking for a bit more gameplay - this isn't the game for you. I admit to being more than annoyed when I found the game was done after such a short time, and, had I paid $2.99 for it, that would have been fine - but, because it's so SHORT, give it a little thought before you plunk down $6.99.

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on May 22, 11 7:26 PM
Very nice game. The puzzles are great and so are the graphics. The best part is the puzzles, and using the log to maneuver around. I like it very much even though, I heard playing time is very short. Hmm, what shall I do???????

judithd
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by judithd on May 22, 11 8:00 PM
It was a delightful little game. Maybe short, but such a refreshment from all the doom and gloom, vampires and ghosts. I quite enjoyed it.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on May 23, 11 7:17 AM
judithd wrote:It was a delightful little game. Maybe short, but such a refreshment from all the doom and gloom, vampires and ghosts. I quite enjoyed it.

Well said! I am getting my fill on the doom and gloom! I used a punch card coupon and it filled some time last evening after a Sunday evening. It may have been short and I didn't have any complaints with no skips on the puzzles which is usually a no buy for me. I had to refer to the walk through for the pipe puzzle on the porch but once I did I was home free. It was easy enough and enjoyable!

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on May 23, 11 11:38 AM
Lucy1997 wrote:The game had a bit too much hand-holding for my taste because sparkles alerted you to hot spots everywhere, although I realize that many people like and count on sparkles. IMHO the target audience for this game is more novice players than experienced ones, which may explain the length of the game. I enjoyed the graphics, the hidden object scenes were fairly easy (though the Egyptian one in the basement was a little on the challenging side), and I felt ridiculously pleased with myself for figuring out the Fibonacci mini-game without any help.

People who don't like snakes or spiders should know that the game has a few of each, though certainly not as many as some of the recent "dark" games.

Overall, I found the game fun, if not very challenging, but I finished the demo in 37 minutes, and I don't intend to buy the game given the many comments on the length.

Happy gaming!

My sentiments exactly.

[Post New]by notpolcorrect on May 23, 11 4:30 PM
like the game but wish they had skip on puzzles, seems i spend more time trying to figure out the puzzles , especially the pipe one, than i do finding hidden objects. yep I admit it, not a good puzzle solver here lol.

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on May 23, 11 7:18 PM
This was my favorite game for DOZENS of reasons, that I've played in a VERY long time! I wrote a long review praising its originality, creativity, beauty, lovely relationship between Emma & her grandfather, the marvelous blend of fantasy and reality, and the complete FREEDOM FROM TECHNICAL GLITCHES (for a RARE change of pace) - but since I managed to somehow lose that writeup, when I clicked to post it (and don't have the time to rewrite it), I can only say, THANK YOU times 1,000, to the developers of this game. I LOVED IT and am THRILLED there will be a sequel to it!!! I'm ready to play it NOW!!!!

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on May 23, 11 7:24 PM
yourshannygirl wrote:
judithd wrote:It was a delightful little game. Maybe short, but such a refreshment from all the doom and gloom, vampires and ghosts. I quite enjoyed it.

Well said! I am getting my fill on the doom and gloom! I used a punch card coupon and it filled some time last evening after a Sunday evening. It may have been short and I didn't have any complaints with no skips on the puzzles which is usually a no buy for me. I had to refer to the walk through for the pipe puzzle on the porch but once I did I was home free. It was easy enough and enjoyable!

My sentiments, exactly! I'd be happy to never demo another grisly, gruesome, grotesque, blood-thirsty, vicious computer game, every again (I NEVER buy these types, but sometimes end up testing one, without realizing what junk it contains, until I get into the demo!).

THIS game is EXACTLY the kind of game I wish they would make by the DOZENS! It's not just a "kids" game. It's a family -friendly, heart-warming, innocent, clever, imaginative, intelligent, colorful, interesting blend of reality and fantasy, combined. It definitely gets two thumbs up from ME! Thanks sooooo much, developers! I'm looking forward to the sequel(s) to it!!!!!

tewal
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by tewal on May 24, 11 2:12 AM
Spoiler!!
Down loaded last night and finished within 2 hours. Nice game, good graphics but far to easy. Very dissapointing after reading quite good reviews!!

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Concerning length

[Post New]by mycatluna on May 24, 11 5:08 PM
Personally, I'd rather have a very well done shorter game than a longer game that stinks. And there are plenty of those. I definitely try not to judge a game based just on length but also take into account graphics, storyline, uniqueness, clarity, etc., and while many reviews have complained about length, most have also mentioned that aside from that this is a great game-and it is. To me, that's more important than being bored to tears with a long game. This game is fun and IMHO, worth the buy, regardless of length.

If you just can't part with the cash unless it's longer, definitely pick this up when it comes around as a daily deal.

P.S. Never a good idea to judge the probable length of the game on the download size. The download size usually has to do with what game engine the developers use and so on. Some small file games are quite lengthy while some large file games are quite short. Just FYI as I saw some posts relating to this.

melissasignal
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by melissasignal on May 24, 11 9:32 PM
I beta tested this one and was not a fan of the swiveling magnifying glass- it just put me off. Also, the game kind of felt like "been there, done that." I gave up on it when it came to the pictures on the wall; can't remember exactly what put me off- monochromatic coloring, tiny objects, maybe a combination of both, but all and all, I didn't care for this one. The game just didn't stand out from anything I've played in a while, though it has been refreshing to read input from other reviewers that managed to garner more from the game than I. See you in the pond, fellow fishies!

Edited on 05/24/2011 at 9:36:15 PM PST

[Post New]by barbounidio on May 25, 11 2:32 AM
I didn' t like the game, besides it was too short. A waste of time.

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on May 25, 11 3:13 AM
Good little game but very very short. Felt ripped off when it was over.

Lesboop
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Lesboop on May 25, 11 3:46 AM
I really liked the game as a whole, but I think it was as short or maybe even shorter than Haunted Hotel 2. The least they could have done was to continue it by grandpa taking Emma to see some sites too. I know the games are only $7, but still, it should be more than an hour or two of playing time. So I give it a for the game in general, but definitely a on the length, or rather lack of length of the game.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on May 25, 11 8:17 AM
Well I'm a little late in the week for my comment but what the heck. I like this game. There's no advanced level that I saw but I don't mind help. I usually like my hand held and this game helps quite nicely. I love the music. I usually don't but this music was in character with the game. I had fun for my one hour trial and I was disappointed when my hour was up. So I'm sure it's a buy for me! Have a great rest of your day or night fellow fishies!
Sally

Go to: