kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Inn: Driftwood

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Jul 7, 11 9:50 AM
not for me similar to Gardenscapes but not as slick or as clever, will not buy this one,but thats just my opinion !

[Post New]by Prufrock on Jul 11, 11 1:19 AM
I enjoyed this, up to a point. It was fun restoring the rooms and the Inn itself.

I turned off the sound because the woman was driving me crazy.
I found her vaguely sinister, kept thinking there would be a plot twist and she'd turn out to be a serial murderer who had hidden bodies in all the rooms, but no such luck! ;-)

Some of the Inn upgrades, especially the seasonal ones, are so tacky that I would have preferred not to install them. But you are forced to because if you don't, the next ones don't unlock.

[Post New]by Kern121555 on Jul 11, 11 7:54 AM
I absolutely LOVE this game. The graphics are beautiful and it's exactly what I've been looking for, a game where i can remodel/design a neat old house and gardens. The major problem with this game is the housekeeper, Emma, who will drive ever gamer bonkers. I could have virtually tossed her into the sea behind the house, I'd have done so in the first 5 minutes of the game. THERE'S NO WAY TO TURN HER OFF!!! She makes annoying, repetitive comments, either vocal or with pop-up word bubbles. When you're looking at the house and gardens, she prances about and makes a bubble comment every 3 to 4 SECONDS. You click one off, and BING! There's another one. I don't know what the programmers were thinking. To end the storyline, you can't just turn it off once in the options; you have to do it repeatedly with every single session. The other thing is that, once you finish a room, you can't go back and just look at it and enjoy it, it's instantly gone. You can replay after you finish the game, but it's all cluttered again. Once you've completed the game, you CAN go back and play again and earn more money to redesign the exterior of the house and gardens. Overall, with the biggest drawback being that blasted housekeeper--which is a SERIOUS hindrance to the game--I love this game, will play it a lot, and hope for a sequel.

[Post New]by kiwiqueen on Jul 16, 11 1:47 AM
does anyone know when Dream Inn: Italy is available

[Post New]by 12Peaches on Jul 16, 11 10:46 AM
Love, love, love this game. Yes it is cute but what a relief..no spirits, occult, death, darkness, horror. If that type of game is the free try of the day I do not even bother any more that is how sick I am of that theme, line of game. Thank you for balancing those types of games with games like this that are light and creative. I loved Gardenscapes and I love this one. Thank you so much!!

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Jul 16, 11 7:03 PM
What a nice & lovely game. I really had a lot of fun playing it especially fixing up the old place until it was beautiful. Just the sort of inn I wouldn't mind staying at myself. lol.

Ruvie
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Ruvie on Jul 21, 11 9:46 PM
I enjoyed this game very much, but I was disappointed that the restoring only took place outside.

I felt that after half of the ren. was finished, there was a bit of 'overkill' going on. The front looks too busy, and I had no choice but to add things. My bane was the Christmas lights, not a single Winter fun preview showed the lights, and I spent many coins trying all 3 of the choices, but the lights stayed

My other issue is that the Lady would really slow down my Inn View screen. It took forever sliding the choices when she was slowly making her way down the walk, and throwing out comments left and right.

Penalty Click: Please please remove penalty click on relaxed mode. I heaved a sigh of aggravation every time I over clicked due to clicking on an item I needed, but not clicking in the correct spot.

I hope when Dream Inn: Italy comes out, we get to decorate inside.

I would also like to add that the only room I truly enjoyed was the beachcombers room. The Jungle Fever room was too busy, and it made my eyes hurt. The Den also had the same effect. I was not a fan of the Detective room, as well.

[Post New]by Tmyers526 on Aug 5, 11 10:58 PM
I really enjoyed this game. I get tired of playing the games that are all dark, creepy and filled with murders and the like. I liked the remodeling, but sometimes I didn't like any of the choices (especially the seasonal, as some one mentioned previously) but you had to pick one.

At the end it mentions another inn in Tuscany. Is this another game? I would definitely play that one as well.

[Post New]by HomeSweetHome2 on Aug 10, 11 8:25 PM
I love this game, it reminds of Gardenscapes, very cute graphics, need to make more of these types of games!!!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Aug 16, 11 3:16 PM
This was a fun game to play for a change from all the dark and eerie games. It is a HOG game with no adventure or inventory aspects, but the H0 scenes had enough variety to make it fun to play.

There are find the objects and put back the objects as well as finding a lot of the same thing which I really like in a game. I also liked the variety of "helps" within the H0 scenes which allowed me to save my hints for money for the house.

The lady's voice did become irritating after a bit as well as the music. I had to turn the volume down and rest my ears.

I really liked trying out different upgrades to the Inn. The "unlimited mode" is also a great addition because I can now go back and earn more money to try out more upgrades. Thanks for a fun, relaxing, bright game.

suzyoz
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by suzyoz on Sep 10, 11 6:15 PM
Only discovered this game yesterday & have been playing for hours & really enjoying it. I have Gardenscapes also & think this one is on par with it. For those who want to decorate interiors try Hidden World of Art or Renovate & Relocate.

Seascape6
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Seascape6 on Sep 24, 11 10:15 AM
suzyoz wrote:Only discovered this game yesterday & have been playing for hours & really enjoying it. I have Gardenscapes also & think this one is on par with it. For those who want to decorate interiors try Hidden World of Art or Renovate & Relocate.

I'm playing this game because I like the decorating aspect, but preferred Gardenscapes. The graphics are lovely in Dream Inn, I like the animation of the objects, but the voice can be grating. I don't like that I have to select decorative items for the season. I want to choose only those decorative elements that I want and not be forced to select from a category I don't want to include.

I have downloaded and will try the games you've suggested above. Thanks for suggesting them!

foothill
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by foothill on Oct 17, 11 5:08 AM
I really wish there were more games like this out there. I loved the combo of
HOG and decorating the outside, without having all the blood guts and eerie factors.
I have played Gardenscapes which was ok and all the "Home Sweet Home" games
which I absolutely love also.

Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Inn: Driftwood

[Post New]by texaslady65 on Dec 11, 11 5:22 PM
I love this game but it has me stuck after about 4 rooms,I have no keys to finish,whats wrong with this game.Please help or atleast let me have another game.

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Jan 31, 12 5:44 PM
I liked this one very much, & I don't usually like straight hidden object games. The game is a welcome change from all of the dark eerie games, it is bright, colourful & cheery, & a joy to play. You tidy & find items for each of several rooms & you decorate the outside of the inn. The voice-over is a little cheesy, but not too annoying. It is a great game for beginners & those that want light, cheerful non taxing entertainment.

[Post New]by Saekobleunoir on May 1, 12 10:19 AM
I absolutely loved it and I appreciated the fact that the rooms were less cluttered (not the case for Gardenscpes) When is the sequel on ? ????

LoisMac
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by LoisMac on Jul 14, 12 2:34 PM
The game is sweet but this and Gardenscapes are just not my cup of tea. Why ever did Felix think I would love them lol

TracyS123
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by TracyS123 on Aug 3, 12 4:02 PM
My biggest complaint about this game is that it doesn't even give you a chance to find the objects on your own before it points them out to you. After a very short period of time, the objects on the list start shaking in order to show you where they are. It takes all of the challenge out of the game. It's also so unnecessary because you already have plenty of regular hints (especially if you find the magnifying glasses,) plus there are the "party poppers" which briefly show you the location of items and the magnets which make items shake if you drag the magnet over them.

So why do they need to make the items shake before you've even had a real chance to look for them? They should at least make that an option you can choose. I thought if I unchecked "Breezy Mode," maybe that would stop but all it did was add a timer. By doing it this way, they take all of the challenge (and therefore most of the fun) out of the game.

If it weren't for this one issue, I would find it a nice, relaxing game to play when I don't want to have to think. But with that feature, they're just making it too easy! This should be listed under children's games!

-Tracy

Ali2106
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Ali2106 on Sep 29, 12 11:20 PM
I loved this game, I don't know how many times I've played it - I go back to it every couple of months. Depending on which order you unlock the rooms, the game seems to get confused and not let you go any further. I find that if you play the rooms in the order which they unlocked (you have to pay attention though, some rooms unlock only a few minutes after another), then the game continues smoothly. I've read a few reviews that a lot of people didn't like the innkeepers voice. I thought it added to the charm and I don't mind be called 'Dear' all the time, it was nice

The best part of the game for me was the fact that I could enter a room 3 times, each time to do a different task - put things away, take things out and then clear up the clutter. This is the one reason I prefer this game to Gardenscapes. I HATE leaving a mess behind!

Ali

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Nov 9, 12 3:24 PM
I stopped playing this game when I was told to find a nutmeg can in a room full of tiny objects, many of which I couldn't even identify and some that were mostly hidden. Add to that an irritating penalty for misclicks that kept happening, a noisy static-riddled radio that started sputtering any time I came near it, a phone that kept ringing, the condescending remarks by the housekeeper and it all adds up to a frustrating, very unenjoyable (I think that's a word; my spell check suggested it and then claimed it was spelled incorrectly) game which I was happy to leave.

I'm amazed at the good reviews this game received. Perhaps it's my poor eyesight and dislike for penalties for misclicks, static-riddled radios, constant phone ringings, and condescending remarks that made me dislike this game so much.

And there is no Austin or dog that I could find - it would have helped to have Austin and a dog.

This is today's DD. I hope tomorrow brings a better game.

Edited on 11/09/2012 at 3:31:28 PM PST

Go to: