vervaine
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,122 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Dimensions: City of Fog technical issues here only

[Post New]by vervaine on Jul 25, 11 8:24 AM
I was able to finish the game, but had run into the following problems:
- H0 scenes not acknowledging clicks!! every second scene I was getting stuck because the game just rambled "it can only be done in movies" when I was clicking the right thing on the right spot;
- skip not loading for some puzzles;
- hint pointing to nothing (i.e. top left corner near birdhouse, wrong items in H0 scenes)
- another weird click hotspot, I had to click each scorpio 5x times to get it to go away.

The game didn't crash and was running fine, with small lag when exiting H0 scene and solving puzzle. I was using custom cursor, as it didn't seem more sluggish than system one.

[Post New]by lilacwine3 on Jul 26, 11 1:38 PM
WORST experience

Kerosene tank is filled and gauge is put on the train, but an error code flashed that object wasn't found and now it thinks kerosene tank is empty and gauge missing.

SO MAD ABOUT wasting time and money...

NOT impressed at all.

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,472 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Jul 26, 11 9:17 PM
btinpa2001 wrote:I'm having the same exact problem. Has anyone gotten help with the issue of needing to go back to repeat a scene and not being able to do so because you've already used the props needed? This is crazy!!! I already used the ladder, the gears on the owl to open the cemetary and cut the tree blocking the road. Now all those things need to be done again but can't be. Somebody please help!

no help for me, just the standard update your driver, start a new profile.

wrennie
Minnow
Minnow
276 Posts

[Post New]by wrennie on Jul 27, 11 9:30 AM
I bought this game esterday. I cannot get past the initial opening because I keep getting the same message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I get

Error: access violation at 1x11441101 (tried to read at 0X00000074) program terminated.

Can you help me ? I never have problems like this and am at a loss what to do about it.
Thanks !

nannybrite
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by nannybrite on Jul 28, 11 1:10 PM
I am having all the same problems as everyone else with this game. Missing pieces I have already found AND used. Error messages etc. Works in slow jerky action too. Dr Felix has made a house call and downloaded all he has said too. Installed and uninstalled many times. Just about ready to look for OTHER big fish in the sea guys. This is SUPPOSED to be fun NOT COSTLY. Very frustrated sea creature here!!!!

[Post New]by wearyplayer on Jul 29, 11 12:46 PM
very bad game. does not let you continue to find clues.while riding mine cart it just disappeared all around me. cannot get back, cannot do anything else, awful

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Jul 30, 11 6:09 AM
wow... i really wanted to play this game. .. i commented on the game being sluggy almost 6 wks ago. i just came back here to follow up on my posts only to find..100 tech issues.
i thought for sure there would have been a fix update for this game , but i guess not.
i have a new pc ..all is fine , updated, etc..etc.. but i just couldn't handle from like the 3rd scene on... i deleted the game..
as from still what i read there are other prob. too ...what a shame

SoHoGirl
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by SoHoGirl on Aug 16, 11 9:37 PM
Waste of my montly credit. I get to the mine and make it to the cave...light the candle and then the whole cave just disapears. No way to get back to it gain to finish the game. I have a ton of things in my inventory to use but no where to use them and no way to get back to the train station at all. Very dissapointed. My first bad experience with BB since being a member for many years. I am so near the end of the game I do not even have the brain power to go throught the frustration of starting over....and this is not an old computer and has plenty of Ram for gaming. What a waste.

[Post New]by 4pawwhite2 on Aug 22, 11 6:55 PM
I can't get the number 457 to come up only 456 will come therefore I can't continue bumer!!!

Items missing after closing game

[Post New]by bookishfred on Aug 26, 11 5:15 AM
I have so far started this game twice. Each time I have returned from exiing the game I find items missing or puzzles solved prior to exiting now unable to be solved because the items needed to complete puzzle have already been retrieved. Normally this would not be a problem for me since I generally play until complete, but I am sick and cant concentrate for long periods. This is the last game I have downloaded that I haven't played and I would like to be able to play it. Please fix it and let me know you have (possible patch?) or return my credits and cost of download so I can start another

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on Sep 11, 11 1:08 AM
This game obviously has some kind of technical issue as what I just experienced is similar to many other posts. Off and on over the past 3 days Ive been playing a couple hours a day just fine. I was at the point where I had several items in my inventory and 11 of the 12 angels. Ive played many, many of these games, I knew I needed to get the 12th angel and play the angel vs demon game to proceed to the next chapter. I was wandering around looking for the angel I missed, I came to the girl's house, the door was now as if I had never opened it when I had been there several times previously, even up and down in the elevator several times and done all the H0s and games in the house. And of course the pen and newspaper were long gone from my inventory.

I also had the problem where from outside her house, I clicked on the Hint button and it showed something to be done up in the branch of the tree but there is nothing there. I thought it might have meant something to do up in the girl's room, but nothing to do there either.

Im not going to bother uninstalling/reinstalling because I wont waste my time playing it again for 6+ hours only to find it doesnt work.

Edited on 09/11/2011 at 1:11:00 AM PST

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Nov 9, 11 4:39 PM
Same problems here: grain/feeder disappeared from my inventory, dollhouse key is also MIA. Re-installing didn't do anything. I really, really, hate to start over to see if it's any better...only to end up with glitches again?
Very disappointing.
(also had an interesting problem: while looking for whatever to dissolve the lock leading up from the basement, I went to the notebook looking for clues..and found entries in there as if I had already gotten out of the basement, into James' room and explored the whole thing. Seems like the game thinks I'm too pokey!)

[Post New]by DrgnL80 on Nov 29, 11 6:47 PM
i, too, am getting the "image not found" message. also, when i played the game the next day, it did not put me at the same spot i left off at, but made me start all over again yet i still retained the inventories i had accumulated from the previous day. please fix this game.

[Post New]by dfvalent on Dec 1, 11 10:59 AM
The fog won't lift. I have no idea what to do. I've gotten everything I possibly can and still it's there. I'm stuck.

[Post New]by chunckdiver on Dec 19, 11 1:08 AM
I believe this to be a technical issue. I've noticed little incongruities in the game, like the crown and rose missing in the graveyard after I had placed them already. No biggie, didn't affect game play. Now I'm very close the end of the game and another incongruity has appeared that does affect game play. I've gone through the train station out the window I broke with the brick which leads back to the main square in front of the hotel. When I turn left to face the hotel, the fog that I cleared with the fan at the beginning of the game is now back. I can no longer go down the alley. After lots of frustration I finally looked up the walk-through, and apparently the next place I need to go is down the alley, which I can't get to anymore due to a fog that I don't think should be there anymore. Am I right? The game appears to have bugged on me. Any ideas?

[Post New]by clsmith470 on Jan 8, 12 6:24 PM
I haven't had the screen issues, but I'm running Mac 10.5.8 and at many of the **** games, the game suddenly quits. I can go right back in and it plays fine. But, I went to the bridge with the scorpions and used the broom to get past. We need the reel for the fishing pole, though. I did everything I could at the house and went back to the alley to get the reel. Now, when I go back to the bridge, the scorpions are back, I have already used the broom, and it won't let me continue. Any suggestions??? I like the game, but... Thanks!!

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Jan 13, 12 11:52 PM
ZIPPURR wrote:I can not get out of the elevator on the ground floor - in other words I can not shut down the elevator - has this problem been reported before? so far I have not experienced any other problems.

that is my problem - tried to leave the bride's room and can't get the elevator door to open when I go down to the bottom floor of the house - help!

[Post New]by mcbeal1979 on Feb 15, 12 2:19 PM
I had purchased 13th skull and dark dimensions and when trying to play dark dimensions I would get error Access Violation at 0x004AE47D (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated. So I check out my pc and figured it was just the cd so I became a game member and bought dark dimensions and am getting the same error any suggestions as to what in the heck is going on??? Anything is appreciated. I have tried the ususal uninstalling and reinstalling of the game and of the game manager the game downloads I actually see the very first screen with the chick and the creepy house and fog and I get the game cursor and then the error.

Desperate

[Post New]by Scolgrove2 on Feb 16, 12 9:20 AM
this game has given me trouble on 2 computers first one wouldnt load next one its stalls out wont let you collect things. I feel cheated I actually paid for this game. If i want live chat i have to enter a CC or email back and forth every 24-72 hours. What CRAP!!! help Now would be great LIKE A PHONE #

bfgHondo
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 16, 12 10:11 AM
mcbeal1979 wrote:I had purchased 13th skull and dark dimensions and when trying to play dark dimensions I would get error Access Violation at 0x004AE47D (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated. So I check out my pc and figured it was just the cd so I became a game member and bought dark dimensions and am getting the same error any suggestions as to what in the heck is going on??? Anything is appreciated. I have tried the ususal uninstalling and reinstalling of the game and of the game manager the game downloads I actually see the very first screen with the chick and the creepy house and fog and I get the game cursor and then the error.

Desperate

Hi mcbeal1979,

If uninstalling and reinstalling your games didn't resolve this issue, please give the other steps in our 'Access Violation' help article a try.

If you continue to receive this error message after completing those additional steps, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 02/16/2012 at 10:11:58 AM PST

Go to: