PerfectSecty
Stingray
Stingray
4,983 Posts

Re:Review for F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition

[Post New]by PerfectSecty on Jul 19, 11 3:54 PM
RenaissanceMom wrote:
PerfectSecty wrote:
I've only bought two CE's and they're both Vogat games. Mystery Trackers: Raincliff and now F.A.C.E.S.
Mystery Trackers is by Elephant Games. Are they a part of Vogat?

Oops. My mistake. Thanks RenaissanceMom. Don't know what I was thinking. I love Elephant Games and Vogat. Two of the best developers of casual games out there imo.

bonnie112345
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by bonnie112345 on Jul 19, 11 8:51 PM
just finished the game.....LOVED IT! I really like these erie, dark story lines. There are many love stories out there. Bonus chapter was really good too. Sometimes the bonus chapters are only a few minutes long, this one was worth finishing the game for. I liked all the HOG and some of the puzzles were unique. The only thing I wish the game had was an interactive map, instead of going into the elevator each time. I found that to be a bit over done. That is my one negative comment! Loved it! Want another like it right now!

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jul 20, 11 4:23 AM
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS .....AWESOME GAME.....LOVE IT...MUST BUY!!!

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

Excellent game!

[Post New]by eedebeep on Jul 20, 11 10:03 AM
This is a great game, creepy and sinister, pretty good puzzles, good hidden object scenes. Well worth the CE price. Hope the developers make a sequel soon! A+

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Jul 21, 11 1:00 PM
.............there are only a handful of developers that consistantly turn out great HOG/Adventure games, and Vogat is in the top 3!! When it says Vogat, I buy it. F.A.C.E.S is another charmer with its spooky deserted hospital atmosphere Artwork/graphics are very good while you go from floor to floor and task to task [loved the realistic flies buzzing around in two of the scenes that I tired to brush off my screen.ha! ]. I found the story line linear, and only needed the SG a few times. Puzzles were medium to hard, and [thankfully], skipable. Loved the darling, pinchable dwarf lemur . My only complaint is looking for the same objects [when going back to] the HOG scenes. All in all, highly recommend.. +1/2..... ........ .......

100thMonkey
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by 100thMonkey on Jul 22, 11 6:10 PM
Awesome game! Cool, fresh storyline, wonderful art and puzzles. And I loved the philosophic message! Thanks so much for a great experience!

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Inanga on Jul 23, 11 2:49 AM
Great game - thoroughly enjoyed it. Bonus game was great too. Hope to see lots more like this. Must be another Faces though as the story is not really the end.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 23, 11 1:27 PM
Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.75 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 24, 11 8:40 AM
I'm not so tired now. Bought it. Loving it!!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 25, 11 7:23 AM
vicalana wrote:I love Vogat games, but I think I'll pass on this one. It's probably just me - I'm tired - but this game is simply too miserable to hold my interest. And not very exciting. There is nothing (unless I've missed it) which makes you interested in the girl at all. Kudos to the developers for taking on board wished for spooky games, but this one is simply not my cuppa.

Taking it all back. Read a review on another site and decided to give it another go. Absolutely brilliant game. Just about to play the bonus game now. One of the best CEs I've bought - and I don't buy many. Enjoy fellow fishies!!

jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jjj13 on Jul 26, 11 2:57 AM
OK game, but too many **** scenes for me. Puzzles were ok but not exciting.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jul 28, 11 6:30 PM
This is another very high quality game from Vogat. And I usually love games from Vogat. But I must admit I'm getting tired of these depressing, dark games. I get enough of that stuff when I watch the news these days. I play games so I can escape - can someone please make an engaging, beautiful, magical game that I can escape into for once? That's what I loved most about Myst and Riven, which was my first entry into adventure games.

Oh, one more thing - thank you SO MUCH, devs, for not sparkling everything like journals, hint buttons, etc. You got it right!!!!

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on Jul 29, 11 10:48 PM
Fifteen minutes into the game. Intense. Dark. Nasty. Brilliant. This one isn't for the kiddies. More later.

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Jul 30, 11 4:36 PM
Very dark and intense. Not my cup of tea. Will not buy.

[Post New]by geekychik on Jul 31, 11 12:13 PM
Played the game - all of it - and loved it! It was nice and long, difficult, but not impossible, nor too simple either. Loved the graphics (ima sucker for shiny graphics) and loved the music too. I just wish there was an option for downloading the music in the bonus content, not just playing it. Other then that, not my first Vogat game and definitely not my last

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Jul 31, 11 7:33 PM
I always have liked the games I played by VOGAT and was happy to see another
but...After three chapters, I deleted it! It was much to depressing and intense and yes, dark for me! I hope those of you ;who enjoy that sort of game enjoy playing but I could not wait to get rid of it. I am probably older than most of you by far and that may be part of the problem. I have had enough sadness in real life to pay for and play a game depicting such extreme sadness. I was able to play the puzzles in the first 3 chapters without any trouble. But I will look for brighter, happier games in the future. I have over 150 BF games and many are mysteries etc. I did like Dire Grove but I guess I have had enough. So thank you for letting me spout off, and please enjoy your games as much as I do mine. Isn't that what Big Fish is all about?

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Aug 2, 11 4:33 AM
theoldbag, it isn't your age. I am probably younger than the majority here and I couldn't stand this game. I played for 15 minutes then deleted it. It seemed like the developers were heading in the direction of darker games, but this one just seemed to cross the line. Way to dark, weird, and depressing. Like you, I play these games to get away and enjoy myself, not to get a level of evil and just plain strangeness that my life doesn't have. I know the majority love this game and I think that is great for them. However, I won't be purchasing it even as a SE or a DD.

I thought the graphics were just so-so. The music depressing and the storyline simply stunk to me.

[Post New]by Ldrakekat on Aug 2, 11 3:37 PM
Too short and too expensive. Not worth the money.

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on Aug 2, 11 9:01 PM
Another rave here. This one is a CE worthy of the name with the best bonus game I've ever played, period. Wonderful imagery. Excellent writing. Gentle, haunting music. Great stuff. Can't wait for the sequel.

devolyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by devolyn on Aug 3, 11 4:58 PM
I LOVED this game! Instead of cleaning my house, I played and guilt free! I am so looking foward to a sequel!!! Great job. It was suitably interesting and spooky!

Go to: