Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Jul 20, 11 7:49 PM
heatherington wrote:I'm in Antartica and I just got done doing the three slider puzzles. I clicked on the SG and it told me I needed to have collected keys from the three puzzles. When I backed away from the far back door and clicked on ANY of the three tanks with the people in them the game just throws me out. I did not pass GO and I certainly did not collect $200. Just a sweet wham! Your out! staring at your desktop and wondering what the heck just happened. I did it two or three times just to make sure I hadn't hit a key or clicked on something by mistake. So I cannot continue.

No fix figured out as yet. But at least I know I am not the only one that had this happen.

Edited on 07/20/2011 at 7:51:23 PM PST

Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Re:Post any Unsolved Mystery Club: Ancient Astronauts CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by 4120 on Jul 20, 11 7:59 PM
I down load this game and it doesn't run my computer is new and alot of mem and it is a gaming computer whats up with that

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Jul 20, 11 8:23 PM
I am in the temple....put the idol in the niche...the thing rolls out....the walkthrough shows that I am supposed to pick up the camera and another thing...well they're not there...what now? This is the third game in a row that is having technical problems. I e-mailed BFG. They then instructed me to download an Adobe Flash Player, etc. I tried the link to the flash player and it refuses to download. Now what?

becca0111
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by becca0111 on Jul 20, 11 9:50 PM
The trial version worked like a gem for me so i bought the game and now I am stuck where you have to bash the wall with the hammer thing it keeps telling me that it wont work I cant do anything else from there til I bash the wall to get the ring please help me

[Post New]by Shila143 on Jul 20, 11 10:27 PM
Becca, I am having the same issues with the wall. I have tried everything and it still will not let me knock it out to get the ring!

Sullivan1818
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Sullivan1818 on Jul 20, 11 10:47 PM
Like everyone else, some of the same issues. What mine does is downloads until about 98% complete, then starts over. This has happened about 6 times. I restarted my computer thinking I might have a "glitch", but still encountering the same problems. I sure do not want to think it is a problem with my system, I just got this one about 2 weeks ago and am loving it.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jul 21, 11 3:42 AM
Is any thing going to be done about this bug??? Cannot even demo the game. CS is usually so fast in replying but have heard nothing sine the 1st night this was released.

[Post New]by miavie on Jul 21, 11 5:29 AM
dragonfly81321 wrote:
heatherington wrote:I'm in Antartica and I just got done doing the three slider puzzles. I clicked on the SG and it told me I needed to have collected keys from the three puzzles. When I backed away from the far back door and clicked on ANY of the three tanks with the people in them the game just throws me out. I did not pass GO and I certainly did not collect $200. Just a sweet wham! Your out! staring at your desktop and wondering what the heck just happened. I did it two or three times just to make sure I hadn't hit a key or clicked on something by mistake. So I cannot continue.

Having same exact issue.

me too!!!!

jorn1996
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jorn1996 on Jul 21, 11 7:15 AM
Oh my game loaded ok.....in fact, I got to what I think was the end of the game. However....there is a deleted thread there (after I put all of the green pieces in the middle and tried to get the "keys") and it ruined the REST of my laptop. I unloaded it, reloaded it, same thing, I will ask for a refund since it was a collectors edition. Alot of $ if I can't finish the flippin' thing. It is off my computer and now things are ok. Hmmm...is BFG getting sloppy? :o(

dogglvr
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by dogglvr on Jul 21, 11 10:09 AM
Read all the great reviews about Mystery Club Ancient Astro. anda was really excited to play it.BUT...when I started the game, it took up only half of my 23" monitor and ran off the screen. I can't read the rest of it, can't click anywhere to advance or exit because the picture is too big for the screen. Is there somewhere I can change the size? Please don't tell me to go to options because that doesn't even display on my screen.
Thanks for the support

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jul 21, 11 11:42 AM
I was having no trouble at all with this game - I am almost at the end of the last chapter before the "bonus". Now when I want to run the game, it goes back to the Game Manager and "Play Again" . VERY FRUSTRATING as I am enjoying the game and want to finish it and I can't !!!!!

I am also running Windows 7 and everything is completely up to date on it.

I have to add to this post - I ended up having to delete this game as it caused problems with my computer and I had problems trying to play any of my other games. Judging by all of the problems we're all experiencing, it seems to me that the problems stem from the game itself and not our computers.

If the problems are not resolved quickly, I too will be asking for a refund or a credit towards another CE.

Edited on 07/21/2011 at 8:34:44 PM PST

KayleighJ
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by KayleighJ on Jul 21, 11 11:43 AM
Add me to the list of people who have the game randomly quit in the Antarctic phase.

Very frustrating to have paid for this game and not be able to finish it.

jlbaughn1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jlbaughn1 on Jul 21, 11 3:33 PM
I could get the game to download, but the graphics at the start of each chapter introduction was nothing but slashes across my screen. It also did the same thing when the proffesor would add information and talk to me on the little device which logged how far I was in each chapter. The game played just fine, but would have liked to have seen the intro scenes. It seems like every game lately has some technical problem. It is to the point that we will all have to go out and buy new computers with ultra fast and untra expensive video game cards to play these games. It's a shame, because I can't afford to do this because I spend ALL MY MONEY ON GAMES!!! LOL

remmah17
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by remmah17 on Jul 21, 11 5:10 PM
same here tried everything and still no go, we will have to wait for the SE version to see if that works!!!

Terrenis
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Terrenis on Jul 22, 11 2:18 AM
I have the same problem as many of you... the game doesn't start and I'm getting frustrated, since I have the latest updates of flash and shockwave and I already reinstalled it. It would be nice if BFG could solve this problem quickly!!!

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on Jul 22, 11 6:34 AM
Having the same problem as maivie. Can't finish the game because it keeps kicking me out when I try to retrieve the keys. What's up with that????

Kukikat
Clownfish
Clownfish
711 Posts

[Post New]by Kukikat on Jul 22, 11 8:20 AM
I just discovered the game does not play unless one is connected to the internet. Tried playing "offline" and it will not load. Is that supposed to be that way?

Dresdin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Dresdin on Jul 22, 11 10:00 AM
I finally got the demo working, so I decided to buy the game. Now the game won't start. What's the deal with this game?!

julese53
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by julese53 on Jul 22, 11 11:26 AM
Dresdin, I have the same problem. Once I got the demo to work I thought I was set, so I bought it. Now I can't get it to open, and I've tried everything BF and fellow gamers suggested. I'm still waiting to hear back from tech support. I emailed them 4 days ago. I'm close to asking for my money back.

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Jul 22, 11 1:31 PM
I got the demo to run but it plays so slowly that it is really unplayable.

Go to: