mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

Re:Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Aug 17, 11 1:23 PM
I just finished this very well done ERS AHOG CE and enjoyed it very much. I like dark 'n eerie. The graphics were awesome, good hint system and good puzzles. I have all of this Devs games. TeamSD, Shadowfax and LovetoMissLisa plus other Fishies all did excellent reviews. I did think there were a few too many junkpile H0s and I wish there was a way to click on to the next dialogue as the voice-overs seemed rather slow. The bonus was good, but a bit short. However, thanks BF and ERS for a good game.

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Aug 18, 11 7:14 PM
I was totally underwhelmed by this game....graphics, music, story, bonus.

[Post New]by jenifercher on Aug 19, 11 5:45 AM
I thought this was a great game. There have been several great CE's in a row! The bonus play was fun too. The graphics were good along with the story line. The music was ok. The mini games were a little challenging but not too hard. Worth a buy!

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Aug 19, 11 11:35 AM
Congratulations! This game has everything. Excellent graphics, new mini-games, cleverly hidden objects, intrigue,good story line,scary and good fun. Sorry to have to finish it.

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Aug 19, 11 7:21 PM
I love all the ERS Games, this isn't one of my favorites though. We are sent on another quest to rescue children. The storyline is very dark, as is typical for this company. I must confess that I liked the original Redemption Cemetary better, this one has a more contempory setting--like Green Hills Sanitorium. The artwork is stunning, the animations excellent, it is a totally emersive atmosphere. There's really nothing bad I can say about it. All in all I like it better than Grim Fascade, but not as much as the Puppet Show series. I think it's worth the extra money for the CE edition because the last chapter ends the storyline more to ones satisfaction. I always buy these without playing the demo--I know they won't dissapoint. I will say I like the Victorian/19th Century looking ones better than the more contemporary ones. I can't wait to see what they come up with next. I will say that the performance of these games keeps improving without lags, the beginning seemed to move very quickly--at any rate you won't spend a lot of time back tracking to find thing as it is very snappy and responsive.

Edited on 08/19/2011 at 7:24:59 PM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 20, 11 1:42 AM
Valdy wrote:
angelfish106 wrote:Since this game is called 'Children's Plight', I did not think that mentioning one particular child's plight would be classed as a spoiler.

If you tell us what happened to the girl and how and where you rescued her from, that is a spoiler.

A well known review site that players may go to for an opinion on this game (rather than reading the forums) refers to exactly the same game scenario that I mentioned. Perhaps you should write to them and tell them not to include information that you consider spoils the game for you.

And when will devs realise that if we don't want sparkles in the main game, we don't want them in the bonus chapter either. It might as well have played itself while I sat and watched!

I'm not speaking for you or anyone else. The comment referred to myself, not you.

When you say "WE" while telling the developers not to do something, then you are speaking for all of us. You might have said: "And when will devs realise that if I don`t want sparkes..", that would show you were only speaking for yourself.

Have you never heard of the Royal 'we'? I was not speaking for anyone else but myself. And why is it so important to you anyway? One word you object to and you jump on it. It's not life and death; get over it.

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by eedebeep on Aug 20, 11 3:08 PM
pretty good, played advanced mode, just not as wowed as I could be. Still, anyone who likes these kind of hidden object games, buy it, it is worth the money in terms of gameplay. B+

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Aug 20, 11 9:00 PM
ERS always does a very nice job. I am kind of late into the reviews so, I will not expound very much as most everything has been said. The graphics, storyline, games and HOGs are all top notch. These guys and/or gals have really gotten it right. They give us everything that we ask for.

Now, my only problem is with their SG. I wish it would stay on the page that was last looked or referred to. I really do not like having to remember which page that I left off on. Other than that, really good game. Well worth the money of a CE

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Aug 21, 11 2:24 AM
I am really disappointed in this game, it's entirely to easy. This could have been a great game in my opinion without all of the hand holding. I don't like when I have a task to complete and 2 seconds later I find the tool to complete the task. And everything I click on tells me exactly what I need to do so I don't have to think at all. I bought the game and I'm really wondering why. Probably because I'm an admitted CE addict . If I had it to do over again, I would not have bought this game, CE or SE. Please DEVS, stop with the hand holding. Some of us like to figure things out on our own.

Oh yeah, and I'm playing on Hard Mode. I'm not trying to brag. I'm just saying that in my opinon, this game may be too easy for some. I have noticed throughout this thread that there are several who love this game. So that proves that we are not all looking for the same thing.

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Aug 21, 11 8:37 AM
I too have high speed cable and the DL was no problem and quick. But as much as I like this one, and the other Redemption game, this one seems pretty short for a CE. I still have 15 minutes of trial and almost finished the second chapter. Doesn't seem too hard either, not like the first one. It's sadly a "no buy for me...too short.

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Aug 23, 11 4:20 AM
This took me about 5 hours to play plus the bonus was about an hour ,maybe 50 mins. It was a very good game ....getting tired of saving people but that's just me. Don't pass this one up!

Edited 'cuz I 4gotto mention:
PS: i Sparkles and don't want to know about storyline b4 I play- it does ruin it for other fishes, IMHO. That is why I'm on the fence w/ so many games like Twisted ...I know ppl like to vent. But please don't give away too much or what's the use of playing??

Edited on 08/23/2011 at 4:26:29 AM PST

[Post New]by cleokelani on Aug 23, 11 7:26 PM
Liasmani wrote:Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 4 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this CE game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

I am very curious what games you purchase,reading your reviews

RiaBonus
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by RiaBonus on Aug 24, 11 10:09 AM
lovely62 wrote:excellent game, I will be buying this game, I am very excited I will have something to play this weeknd the DEV's out did thereselves, everything was so beautiful there Graphics, sounds was great!!! Thx BF you know how to please most of the fishes today..Keep up the good work DEV's,Kuddo's to you and your staff..

I must agree with everything you say I was very Very impressed with the Demo as I said to my hubby yesterday the demo is over 250 MBs but he said dont let that put uou off 'BOY I'm very glad I downloaded it now the playability was fantastic i dident need much help it was all there

Nice 1 BF

Ria Bonus from Cork

[and by the way one of your offices is just around the corner from me] must call in there some day

sqkylyndi
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by sqkylyndi on Aug 25, 11 2:00 PM
Loved the first one, lot's of great play for the money! On a game buying suspension, bought too many last month(grounded by hubby!). Can't wait till next week when I can get this. Wierd question though, did this game used to be called "Redemption Cemetary: Forgotten Ancestry"? Seen screen shots for that game, which is not on BFG, that look identical to Children's Plight.
Anyone know?

[Post New]by Joy1632 on Aug 31, 11 3:12 PM
Fun. Lots of ****'s. Some puzzles a little hard. Some very easy. I thought it was a short game for the size.

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Sep 2, 11 1:50 AM
I found this game to be o.k, it was not terribly difficult. But the extra play was longer than usual and it looks terrific.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 7, 11 7:52 AM
Bought this game when it was issued and only played it yesterday. Very good game, though a little easy. Beautiful graphics. I've really enjoyed it but my pleasure was spoilt by the recurrent "This might be handy later". Obviously it's going to be of use. Why do devs have to add that useless bit ? It gets very tiring. Do they fear that we might keep the object for an other use than the game's purpose ??? The extra bit to play wasn't long or really worth it, but it tends to be more and more the rule in CEs.
A very good game, 4 out of 5. (my rates go up to very, very good and excellent).

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Sep 13, 11 12:45 AM
angelfish106 wrote:
Valdy wrote:
angelfish106 wrote:Since this game is called 'Children's Plight', I did not think that mentioning one particular child's plight would be classed as a spoiler.

If you tell us what happened to the girl and how and where you rescued her from, that is a spoiler.

A well known review site that players may go to for an opinion on this game (rather than reading the forums) refers to exactly the same game scenario that I mentioned. Perhaps you should write to them and tell them not to include information that you consider spoils the game for you.

And when will devs realise that if we don't want sparkles in the main game, we don't want them in the bonus chapter either. It might as well have played itself while I sat and watched!

I'm not speaking for you or anyone else. The comment referred to myself, not you.

When you say "WE" while telling the developers not to do something, then you are speaking for all of us. You might have said: "And when will devs realise that if I don`t want sparkes..", that would show you were only speaking for yourself.

Have you never heard of the Royal 'we'? I was not speaking for anyone else but myself. And why is it so important to you anyway? One word you object to and you jump on it. It's not life and death; get over it.

Angelfish... it's super easy to prevent problems... just change the font color to white and put a note that to read the potential spoiler just highlight over it. I'm of the same opinion that to know what happens specifically is a spoiler... I want to be surprised. And it doesn't mean you can't write what you like... just change the font color. Easy. For the sparkles... I don't think anyone meant that they should remove them just that since there are two options, hard and easy, in the main game then there should be two options in the bonus game as well.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Sep 13, 11 12:46 AM
Liasmani wrote:Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 4 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this CE game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

This is a month old post so maybe you won't see this... but I was wondering how you figure your ratings? (Just curious.) I don't understand how a game that had only 3 stars for each of your categories could earn a 4 overall? (Again... hope that doesn't sound like I'm knocking you... I'm honestly curious and just want to know.)

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Sep 17, 11 9:45 AM
Well, I knew what to expect and that is what I got for the most part, so I can't say I am too disappointed. The game play is smooth with the familiar "ERS formula" adventure elements and excellent graphics. As always, there is very little challenge on hard setting and the game only takes a few hours to complete. I would guess their games probably all have the exact number of scenes and tasks - they seem almost identical in length as well as formula.

These are not necessarily bad things - I do enjoy their games - but I really do wish they would at least include an aspect ratio setting and a few additional elements in the collectors editions, such as achievements and collectables - something to add a little more challenge for the $ please. And maybe more in the way of a story...oh well, so much for my same old complaints...

I still have to say I liked this game very much. I did notice, as I have in their other games, that some of the graphics look like concept art in a few scenes - really weird. (Under the hood of the truck, inside the store, maybe one or two other places - did they forget to finish those scenes??). At the time, it breaks up the atmosphere for me when graphics are not consistent throughout a game. But overall, they were great and atmospheric in almost all of the other scenes - and quite beautiful overall.

In short, it was a lovely, easy but enjoyable (and familiar) game - not sorry I added it to my collection.

Go to: