Stuck in the bonus chapter

[Post New]by ann_arbor_amy on Apr 22, 12 6:41 PM
I opened the vault before putting the Bio-Coil on the dolly. (I didn't know I had it in inventory.) I solved the HOS in the vault, but now I cannot put the BC on the cart thing. Am I hosed?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Stuck in the bonus chapter

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 28, 12 12:58 AM
ann_arbor_amy wrote:I opened the vault before putting the Bio-Coil on the dolly. (I didn't know I had it in inventory.) I solved the HOS in the vault, but now I cannot put the BC on the cart thing. Am I hosed?

Not exactly a tech issue, but I believe I just placed the BC on the top shelf, next to the portrait of the lady. I don't believe you can place it before you "clean" out the vault.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 28, 12 1:07 AM
Once I entered the underwater city with the three rooms - Gideon's, Delia's (?) and Ely's - and went into Delia's room, my game slowed drastically. Not just the cursor, but time between things like click of an object and having it enter inventory or moving to another location. Very slooooow. Once I exited and returned the game ran fine.

Also, when in the submarine engine room, I clicked on the drill bit which went into my inventory. As soon as it entered my inventory I clicked it again to attach it to my drill, but apparently that was too fast for the game - my inventory box closed and I had the drill bit stuck to my cursor. I couldn't open inventory, menu or move to another location. Had to force quit the game, when I went back in I had to replay the entire game to receive the bit, but game worked fine from then on.

Neither of these are fatal issues, but thought the devs might want to know.

ETA: Playing on a MacBook v 10.5.8.

Edited on 04/28/2012 at 1:08:18 AM PST

avsutton
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by avsutton on May 21, 12 10:56 AM
Francesca13 wrote:Big trouble with the charged drill towards the end of the Beware of the Undertow chapter. If you connect it the wrong way, the bolts will not appear.

I'd like to get a refund on the game OR a update to fix this problem. I do not care to go back thru three chapters to connect the drill in a specific order. That is silly.

Can you all get a fix out for this soon? Other than that, enjoying the game very much.

I just bought this game for Mac - and I'm having the same problem. I've uninstalled it, and will reinstall and play as a new player, but if I get that same problem again.....

Is there a specific order in which you're supposed to connect the drill bit? I got the drill, and I got the bit, and combined them (which is what the strategy guide said to do), and then got ZERO bolts visible when trying to get the coil.

Anybody got any ideas?

[Post New]by ktaggart57 on Jun 16, 12 4:44 PM
I'm SO disappointed in this game! I loved "Devil's Triangle", but the developers seem to have rushed this one without sufficient testing or oversight. The game didn't behave right in lots of places. Items were mentioned in the journal before being encountered in the game. Either certain items required clicking in very specific places, or refused to recognize clicks until something else was done first. The game says you need the instructions for the egg machine from the gallery, but these didn't get recorded anywhere for later use. In any event, the egg machine instructions already told you everything you needed to know. Some background scenes don't match close-up scenes, as in the burning house. In the last HOG scene in the bonus chapter, I couldn't find the last pair of linked items (and I clicked on EVERYTHING. Exited the room and accidentally clicked on the crate. Re-entered the room and the display at the bottom showed the "1 related pair" crossed out, but the message didn't go away, so the game didn't recognize that I had finished the HOG exercise. Exited the room and the crate had disappeared, so I couldn't finish the game. Lot's of spelling/grammar mistakes. VERY FRUSTRATING. Just seems like sloppy work, not worthy of this franchise. I wonder if some of the technical problems are Mac specific...?

Edited on 06/16/2012 at 4:52:01 PM PST

[Post New]by olsenoasis on Jul 19, 12 7:28 AM
Larkin1212 wrote:
beevon wrote:The game freezes at the diver's helmet. i have tried deleting and downloading again (& again) but the same thing happens

I cannot get the dial to turn on the diver's helmet. Any solutions?

I am having the same issue on 2 different computers. Stuck at the diver's helmet and can't get the lock to move or the dials to turn. I know the code but nothing moves.

seaside2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by seaside2 on Aug 5, 14 12:11 PM
My curser has become a white square. It responds to my mouse with direction as per usual. I have deleted and reloaded. I have Mac 10.9.4. Anybody out there who has suggestions? I know the answer is out there LOL.....Seaside2

Toy Tool slide

[Post New]by sjd1201 on Dec 28, 14 8:22 PM
I have the toy tool but cannot place it over the buttons. The squares of the tool do not seem to fit over all three buttons. I click to place the tool but it does not 'drop'. It continues to move with the cursor.

Someone else had this issue (a few years ago) but there was no resolution with that post.

Suggestions??

Thanks

AkHenry
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by AkHenry on Mar 10, 15 2:56 PM
When I loaded the trial game, I had a white block for the cursor. Going into the menu and clicking the custom cursor made no difference. Also, I've noticed since my last update that several of the games refuse to size correctly on the screen no matter what size format I choose. I'm left with a white tool bar with only the red close dot filled in.

[Post New]by Britt78 on Aug 14, 15 1:17 AM
I have the same problem as mentioned here; http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/482415.page

I'm still waiting for a response or solution to this. My computer is updated in all areas and have lots more "puff" than what's needed for these games so that'n not an issue.

[Post New]by meyer11706 on Sep 7, 15 5:00 PM
I purchased this game and tried to play it. At first it was flickering and flashing on the screen. I uninstalled and downloaded game again and now it just has a blank screen. my computer and all it's drivers are up to date and I don't have any problems with any other games

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 8, 15 6:07 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the various issues with the game. To start, we've found that the steps in the following help article can address many of these issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you'd like additional assistance, I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help.

Thank you for your patience,

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by maja22col on Nov 18, 15 4:05 AM
in the City Forgotten section. one has to place the hourglass between the doors to open them. It works on the left door G. It works on the middle door as the door opens, but one can't enter, as it says "Door is locked". I have spent 2 weeks on this, and can't figure out what to do.

jcvanhal
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by jcvanhal on Nov 18, 15 1:02 PM
Game seems to be incompatible with Windows 10. Get nasty flashing screens. This is already the second game I encounter to be incompatible with Windows 10.

[Post New]by bananafanabobana on Jan 7, 16 11:49 AM
Re: Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands Collector's Edition

I originally posted this (partial) in the regular forum on January 4th and just now (January 7th) noticed this tech category and have added what I ended up having to do to it and posted it here.

I was playing and everything was fine. I got to a certain point in the game... trying to get the squid out of the jar and my PC acted like it was shutting down.

I exited the game and everything is still super slow. Just opening my browser takes about 15-20 seconds when it is usually instantaneous. I use CCleaner to clear caches, etc. which didn't do any good.

I opened another game and the Big Fish screen loaded so slowly it looked like a still picture progression to the full graphic. Like.. snap..snap...snap... etc.

After doing what limited troubleshooting I am capable of, I rebooted. I noticed my PC was stuck on "preparing the desktop" and then I got an error message saying the desktop wasn't accessible. The desktop was black with only the wastebasket icon on it. To the left was the start button. Not being very software/savvy, I finally had to reset my PC back to its December 29th configuration. I have re-downloaded the game, but am afraid to start playing again. Anyone else have this type of problem and if so, what did you do to fix it?

The only thing I changed in the game was the VSYNC which I put back to "on" after realizing that wasn't helping. Anyone have any ideas what is wrong? I am relatively new to Big Fish games and have only played about 4 previous hidden object games (with no problems).

I have 8G RAM, i7-2600 CPU 3.40GHz

Go to: