NANONAN
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Reviews for Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition

[Post New]by NANONAN on Sep 2, 11 11:51 AM
lovely, wonderful, enchanting, cute, entertaining. Music pleasant, graphics fine for me on GeForce card, lots of puzzles (love that, although most are quite easy), not many HOG scenes (even better). Great series, I don't get why people don't rate this one. also love the growl from the dragon - reminds me of the noise Speedy Eggbert uses!

[Post New]by fairygodmother55 on Sep 2, 11 4:09 PM
This is my first CE purchase and I've been impressed so far... love the achievements! Is this standard for all the CE's?? Can't wait to see the extra level! I LOVE the puzzles and mini games and the LACK of HOG's.... this game is PERFECT!!

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

Re:Review for Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Sep 4, 11 10:36 PM
Robilyn wrote:I am not impressed. There are way to many puzzles, and not enough HOG for my taste. I also think the graphics are grainy. After playing Sonia, and seeing those beautiful graphics, this game just does not compare. I don't think it is worth $13.99. I sure hope this is a 2 CE week.

Now see I think just the opposite... I hate when devs shove tons of H0 scenes in a game... even worse when they repeat them. This game is just about perfect... would only be better if there were NO H0 scenes at all!

Have to copy the following review word for word because there's no way I could have said it better! (Including the graphics card recommendation... I'm an ATI Radeon girl forever... love love love it. Plays every game I've tried (including my hard core games) with no wobbles.

cherbtoo wrote:I this game and this whole series and I was having fun until HMV interrupted play and insisted I get on with today's chores, spoilsport .

The graphics are wonderful on my computer but there again I too am using an ATI card and I will be sticking with ATI when I buy my next computer. The continuing story is good and I left my speakers on the whole time .

I also love the fact that there isn't a H0 scene at every turn as they get boring when you have to do one for every single item that you need to use to progress to the next section of the game.

All the puzzles I have come across so far were good ... and I even did the Spot The Difference one at the start without becoming frustrated and cursing all those type puzzles. So far I haven't had to skip any of them, ask for a hint or even peek at the SG ... I assume that there is one. In the meantime I am keeping my fins crossed that the game is a long one and also has a good length bonus play to justify my spending the extra money and buying the CE instead of the SE.

Great game so far BoomZap and thanks for keeping the cute pocket dragon.

Cherb

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Sep 5, 11 9:06 PM
Much, much love for this. I've enjoyed all of the Awakening games, but this is the best one yet. I liked that it was chaptered, I adore the pocket dragon (although I WISH he had a name!), and the majority of the puzzles are very very good. I admit a few of them made me want to rip my hair out, but not many. I also liked the addition of the achievements - I only played the SE of the first two games in this series, so if their CEs had achievements as well I don't know it, and to me the idea was wholly new. It makes me want to go back and play again to try to get them all!

I'm sincerely hoping that we get a fourth Awakening game, and soon, because I want to know what happens next with Princess Sophia!

Gwhynot
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Gwhynot on Sep 10, 11 6:02 AM
I'm currently enjoying replaying this game - for the third time. I just love it. May I make one suggestion for any upcoming games in this series? How about allowing free access to any chapter as a bonus once the game is finished? I would really like to be able to jump right into my favorite scenes without having to play the whole game through again. Not that I mind doing that Just a suggestion.

More games like this one please.

LULUSCOOT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by LULUSCOOT on Sep 11, 11 3:38 PM
Just finished all the Awakening series, Sleepless Castle, Moonfell Woods and The Goblin Kingdom.
It's really fun to play them in order they leave off right where the next one starts, most excellent. Loved The Goblin King was hard to find the Maze but used the walkthrought and I was on my way.

Edited on 09/11/2011 at 3:44:46 PM PST

aliceh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by aliceh on Sep 16, 11 7:47 AM
I tried to wait for the SE, but just couldn't. So I purchased the CE & the only disappointment was the Bonus. It's seemed just a repeat of the last chapter, or am I wrong & missed something along the way? Regardless, I loved the game! It was refreshing to play a nice game versus all the vampires, scary games, etc. that have been offered previously.
Thank you boom-zap for a wonderful series.

[Post New]by Catwo12345 on Sep 17, 11 9:14 PM
I Will never buy a CE again for this Series there was not any extra game play just some stupid colored puzzles that I did in about 5 minutes very boring. I don't care about Wallpaper, Music,Sketches,Cut Scenes,and Screen Savers just a bunch of useless stuff to me.

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Sep 18, 11 8:17 AM
best game ever. no tech issues at all. i have windows vista. playing game for the second time. please buy.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Sep 19, 11 1:35 AM
catwo12345,

i too was bit miffed, what exactly did we pay the extra money for on the CE version ?????? i was expecting another extra chapter or something not silly tangram puzzles or whatever they were called, very dissapointing

[Post New]by AlaskaGirl67 on Sep 19, 11 12:31 PM
I do like this game. I have to admit that I wanted to buy it because it had an owl and I love owls; however, I like this game. Everyone is complaining about the mini-games and not enough HOG but I think most games that come out these days have mostly HOG and hardly anything else. Overall, I think is just a cute HOG game that happens to stand out among all the rest. I did buy the CE game which is vary, vary rate for me!

P.S. Funny, I had to edit this because apparently you can't say "H0"...wasn't trying to offend anyone!

Edited on 09/19/2011 at 12:34:46 PM PST

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Sep 23, 11 10:56 AM
...........wow............BoomZap does it again with this top-notch, excellent game!! Absolutely got my money's worth this time...........it took me 8 hours, 59 minutes, and 32 seconds..... not even counting the bonus section Only skipped a few puzzles [I go crazy with the "untangle-the-mess" types, but there is a wide variety]. Loved the hint owl and the pocket dragon [that continue from previous games in the series], and the art work/graphics were lovely and very fairy-tale exquisite........wonderful detail!!! The other thing, that I always enjoy, are the "achievements" you can earn while playing.....these satisfy the competitive nature, and lends the game to re-playability. Recommended highly for those who have to mete out their CE 's carefully............... ...... ............... ..

[Post New]by confused9988 on Sep 23, 11 3:59 PM
This is a great game series, I finished it and it was excellent!!! No problems, played it through like a dream. When i finished, it was like i had read a good book. I can't wait for the next part.

jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jjj13 on Sep 28, 11 1:40 PM
Fantastic!!!

[Post New]by Huntleyhimnher on Oct 1, 11 4:48 AM
Just finished all 3 and absolutely loved them, I thought each one got better and Goblin Kingdom was excellent, got a bit sick of the whole untangle mini games but didn't skip any and took me 7 hours to finish, can't wait for the next one!!

[Post New]by Huntleyhimnher on Oct 1, 11 4:50 AM
I just have to mention how much I loved the cute owl and pocket dragon, I loved that the owl had personality!! Too cute!!

[Post New]by MichaelMaiden25 on Nov 5, 11 6:23 AM
Nice Game! Liked the Puzzles! Can't wait for the new Awakening!

spandjw
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by spandjw on Nov 23, 11 4:40 AM
Loved it really did well worth the price,no issues with it at all have played 3 times now one of my best buys yet

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Dec 31, 11 11:15 PM
Just finished this game. Took over 5 hours total play. Thought the game was wonderful, lots to do, minimal hidden objects, good graphics. It's nice to play a game that is not all doom and gloom. The only negative comment is that some of the mini games were hard to figure out what needed to be done; these were skipped. So if I hadn't skipped these, it would have taken longer to finish.

More games like this please BF.

[Post New]by yining829 on May 28, 12 11:13 AM
I have got every other achievements but this one: Great Minds Think Alike...What is an original solution for the pipe game???Please help me~ thx~

the way i solved the pipes and lines game completely different from guide?dont know why???

Go to: