Re:Reviews for Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bryant01 on Sep 6, 11 11:40 PM
I really like this game,but where is the bonus game?
I thought all collector's edition came with a bonus play?

[Post New]by bryant01 on Sep 6, 11 11:42 PM
I really like this game,but where is the bonus game?
I thought all collector's edition came with a bonus play?

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 7, 11 8:23 AM
cherbtoo wrote: Yet another game that opened my internet connection for me and loaded the Try/Buy page when I exited before the demo time was up . I don't know whether it is the actual game doing it or the Game Manager but whoever it is needs to remove that piece of programming if they want me to continue to buy their games as I WILL NOT BE PRESSURED. If I like a game I will buy it when I want to and NOT when you try to make me .

Due to the above I will not be buying this game today or ever as a CE so your pressurising plan has backfired because I went from quite liking the game to being extremely angry just by clicking on the quit button! Whether I ever buy it as an SE remains to be seen.

Ditto. Getting so sick of theser pushy, tacky. used car salesman tacticks.

tesloca
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by tesloca on Sep 7, 11 4:57 PM
THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!!!

tesloca
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by tesloca on Sep 7, 11 5:02 PM
glascot wrote:Nice refreshing change as I am tired of walking all over the place to find something and then having to figure out where to go back to for something stupid like a hammer that I could have picked up when I was in the room the first time.

Play games mostly on the iPad now so when I would get back to the pc game I could never remember where or how I got to the place I was in the first instance lol.

With the games from the iPad in my head it was hard to remember and I am so very tired of trying to remember how to get back to get an item and in my opinion it is just to make the game seem longer that they had you walking all over the place.

Nice relaxing game which is the reason I play games, don't need to be getting upset that I can't remember where the blasted hammer or whatever the item is you have to go back for is.

Everyone has there own opinion some like to "walk" all over some like me don't so each to their own there is plenty of games for all to enjoy.

nicely put!!

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Sep 7, 11 8:25 PM
Hi, bryant.

The "Bonus" chapter starts automatically after completing chapter 5. The game doesn't end after chapter 5 and have you click on Extras to acces the "Bonus" chapter. The so-called "Bonus" chapter is really the ending of the game.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Sep 9, 11 6:35 PM
truly awful "music", graphics were ok, a reasonably easy game. i just fealt blah about the game

[Post New]by cannock224 on Sep 12, 11 6:55 AM
Very disappointed in this game. It is remarkably easy and not much of a challenge. Pretty artwork but not much else.
My main complaint is that I bought the collector's edition thinking I would get a decent bonus game. Saved the child which surely would be the end of the regular game but that was it. The bonus section is art work, and wallpapers etc.
Feeling ripped off!

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Sep 16, 11 7:55 AM
I loved everything about this game a must buy for me, Loved the graphics and music, Thx DEV's and BF, when the SE come's out I will buy this game, The music was so relaxing as i went on my adventure with this game..

Gwhynot
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Gwhynot on Sep 19, 11 9:27 PM
I really like this game! The overall story line is interesting although some of the characters' behaviour is pretty ridiculous. I mean, walking into someone's house and cooking their dinner for them while they complain about waiting? It makes me laugh it's all so silly. But hey it's just a game and it's ok to be silly if the gameplay is good enough, which I think it definitely is.

I think the artwork is AMAZING! Especially chapter 2 in the enchanted forest. The colors are so vibrant, and the whole screen looks like it's swaying in the wind. Every leaf, every flower, even the water, all look like they're moving to a gentle summer breeze. So much gorgeous light on my computer screen!

I don't have any resolution trouble. I have a Toshiba laptop widescreen.

The bonus feature pays for itself in my opinion with one outstanding feature - direct access to any chapter. So I can replay the gorgeous forest chapter without having to go through the crypt. I've nothing against a good graveyard scene in a game, and this one is pretty good, just not my personal favorite in this game.

I like all the chapters, they are all well done. The puzzles are colorful and fun. I play in Casual mode and have to use the hint button quite a lot, but sometimes it's just cuz I'm lazy.

I did wish there was more to the game but it's pretty much the same playing time as some other games I like. I bought the CE and to me the free access feature is worth the extra $. A sequel would be nice. I'd really like to see more games drawn by these artists. Especially the forest.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Sep 25, 11 8:57 PM

I just finished this game in one sitting.

My first comment is to BFG representatives: "I'd like my money back on this game, please."

A game credit for the $13.99 I just wasted will be fine. Actually, I'll even be happy to pay the usual $6.99 for this game; you can just give me a game credit for the difference between the regular price and the money I wasted on the Collectors' Edition.

I've been a member of BFG for a very long time, and you folks at BFG know I adore you, but you guys have surely have made a misstep charging for a CE for this game.

To my brother and sister gamers, be warned: there is NO BONUS GAME PLAY with this CE game.

With this CE, you get:

1. the ability to go back and play the levels freely,
2. wallpaper, and
3. original artwork.

Now, I don't usually speak for others, but it is my impression that people pay the extra money with CEs for the extra game play.

Correct me if I'm wrong, fellow gamers, but while viewing the original artwork is truly interesting and even fascinating, it isn't something gamers are going to pay extra to have. If it's there – well, that's interesting and fun to have, but if you ask me would I like to purchase it, then no, like most people, I'm not going to pay EXTRA for pictures of original artwork.

I get it that distributors want to include it as a value-added element to the package; I'm a business owner myself, I get the concept. But, as a stand-alone product, that stuff does not have mass market value to the gaming consumer.

Oh, and the game? See, that's what happens when you don't give your customers that for which they have paid. I don't really remember the game. The last thing I remember is finishing the regular game play and searching around for my bonus game play, only to find wallpaper and line drawings of characters.

Major buzz kill.

In all seriousness, though, as a regular $6.99 game, Lost Souls was an ok game for me. Not great, but upon finishing that game at $6.99, I would have thought, "Ok, that wasn't bad. That was a nice little game."

But, at $13.99, I want my money back, please.

Edited on 09/25/2011 at 9:00:13 PM PST

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Sep 27, 11 10:23 AM
Nice graphics but the game is fairly tedious and childlike. Would probably be good for my 11 year old. Definitely not worth the CE price and probably not even a SE version.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Sep 27, 11 3:53 PM
Enjoyed the game...it was a bit funky however. I expected more from a CE. When I finished (unless that chained painting was the "bonus play"), I couldn't find much of a "bonus" just the general run of the mill screensavers etc. Bonus game must have passed me by, if there was one. Definately NOT worth the CE price. My loss.

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by technocratee on Oct 29, 11 3:19 AM
There are 5 paintings to do in the SE.
I was looking for the number of chapters see if it's worth buying and nobody mentionned it so I thought it might be useful info. I looked at the walkthrough.
I liked this game, reminded me of the Awakening series, as I just finished The Goblin Kingdom and wanted more. True it seems childish, on the easy side, but beautiful graphics, good enough puzzles, mini games, clear **** scenes, voiceovers, story not unusual but I read it, have not encountered any bugs and on my old PC I get some.

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Nov 5, 11 8:12 PM
A pleasant fantasy game with decent artwork and music. I did not find it too easy as I had to refer to the strategy guide several times. If you want a game that suitable to kids and has a pleasant and not too violent theme this one is for you. You don't have to worry about grizzly murders or bodies popping up all over the place. I played the full game and did not try the demo first. I thought it would be a scary game, but it isn't at all. I do think the game a bit on the "girly" side and guys may not be too pleased by it--I reccomend playing the demo before buying. I enjoyed the game, but if I'd played the demo I would have found it a bit too feminine for my tastes. That having been said I can't find anything bad to say about it; it's better than a lot of hidden object games I'd played before; you'll have to judge for yourself if it is your cup of tea or not. If you looking for a game that's "safe for children or teens to play without causing nightmares, I'd highly reccomend it.

Since there is no bonus gameplay, you might want to wait for the regular version of the game unless you really want some fantasy wallpaper and screen savers.

Edited on 11/05/2011 at 8:14:14 PM PST

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on Nov 19, 11 9:26 AM
Very bright, clear and simple. I think this would be a great game for younger players but definitely not for me

blujeens
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by blujeens on Dec 11, 11 7:45 PM
Okay, here's my review of Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings CE:

Graphics: Colors were nice, but not exceptional. Mostly everything was bright, but the cutscenes were flat. or 2-D if you prefer, not realistic or 3-D. I felt like I was watching dolls on a stick at times. Also, no widescreen.

Voices/Sounds: Options only gave Music & Sounds. There was some voice-overs but not much. Sounds were fine, nothing special.

Music: I really enjoyed the music. It was soothing, altho a little repetitous. I was shocked to find that it was not offered in Bonus for listening or downloading!

Minis/HOGs: Easy & expert modes were offered - I played expert, and it took me approximately 7 to 8 hours of play. I was disappointed to see that sparkles were in the expert mode for locating HOGs. The minis were good, and in most cases, the HOGs items were clear and concise.

Game Overall: In the CE, you have 5 paintings to play, and then a 6th painting that was chained until you complete the first 5. I'm not sure why it was chained cuz you had to play each painting in the order dictated to you. The main menu offers: Play, Bonus, Trophies (you pick up coins in the game to purchase trophies), Options and Exit. When you click on Bonus, you are offered Art, Characters, Free Mode, Screensavers, and Wallpapers. There is NO bonus game, unless that's the chained painting in the CE that might not be offered in the SE - I don't know cuz I've only got the CE. Also, I want to know why was this game centered around the disappearance of the little boy - there seemed to be no rhyme or reason for it. Very strange... I'm sorry, but I wanted more from this CE, not cuz I paid more, but because it's generally expected that you get more from a CE.

Recommendation: It was a good playing game overall for HOG lovers, but this CE did not offer anything that was of any use to me, such as a bonus game or to download music. I am deeply disappointed in that, but I might play it again. And when I play a mode other than Easy or Casual, I don't like seeing sparkles everywhere - very distracting!

Out of 5 stars, I give this I would have given it 4 stars if more was offered in this CE.

Legabriel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Legabriel on Dec 29, 11 7:34 PM
Wow! Just played this and love the graphics! The game is interesting and fun, keeps you wanting more. Great game!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Aug 10, 12 11:00 AM
this is a well sort out game. it very fun and enjoyable. we recommend this game to everyone.--------doug & lisa

Ali2106
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Ali2106 on Sep 30, 12 12:04 AM
Loved this one - graphics were faultless. I have to admit I was disappointed by the time I had finished it because I seemed to fly through it. What bothered me is that there were more paintings shown up on the wall that weren't available to play - mere decoration. It felt like it was a case of false advertising, possibly by accident I'm sure but it still bothered me.

Overall, it's not too dark and enjoyable to play. But it's a little too short for me.

Ali

Go to: