hcopter51
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

Re:Reviews for Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by hcopter51 on Sep 13, 11 10:13 AM
Surprised anyone enjoyed this game at all due to all the technical issues!!!!!!

Sorry, wrong game!!!

Edited on 09/13/2011 at 10:29:10 AM PST

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Sep 15, 11 3:18 AM
Glad I finally finished this game. It looked kind of promising and the first pages of reviews were positive, so... I've bought it... to regret it later. Far too many H0 scenes to my taste and what really annoyed me was that endlessly to-ing and fro-ing. Man! I must have worn out at least three pair of sneakers and I got sooo bored.

Don't know. Maybe I've had it a bit with skulls and bones and dark evel forces...

CasualGran

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

Very Good, but could have been better 2

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Sep 15, 11 3:18 PM
Dominick_Fontana wrote:(cont. from previous message)

If you like HOS, then this should be great for you. But for me, there were too many of them and that lowered my rating for this game.

Also, a few other small points concerning the interface. One, messages about things you click on appear at the top of the screen and stay there too long. Sometimes on the evidence board, a message would appear and block some evidence at the top of the board that I was trying to look at. Very annoying. Second, the interface was very clunky in some of the mini-games, especially the jig-saw puzzles and when you had to move items around to find what was underneath them. I had a lot of trouble moving puzzle pieces around and making them stay where I tried to put them. They would keep going back to where I picked them up from.

The Bonus Chapter was a bit short and slightly different. There was no Evidence Board. There was also no Map and you didn’t need it to see where to go because there weren’t that many locations. However, I still wanted it to see if you had any objectives at a given location. The Bonus Chapter wasn’t that creative and turned into an endless series of HOS.

With that being said, I couldn’t stop playing the game because, HOS aside, the game was really very good. I just didn’t like all those HOS, but put up with them because the rest of the game was great. I rate this game an 8.5 out of 10 and it would have been 9.5, if not for those 41 HOS in the game.

Stay tuned for the new Fontana Theory that I will be posting soon about Hidden Object Scenes.

Can't wait for you next review. Almost didn't buy this because of the comments about too many HOS but the positive part from most of the reviews, yours included, convinced me to go ahead and get it.

Thanks!!

yelwbkrd35
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by yelwbkrd35 on Sep 16, 11 11:16 AM
A MUST to play! I am pretty finicky about games lately so for those of you like me... This is a winner. The Story is great, graphics and artwork are great, Extra bonus in the CE is terrific! Has some creep factor that is sudden but it kept me playing. For HOGs I like when the HOG makes sense not a photoshopped elephant next to a big shoe, if you know what I mean. Going to look for more games by the Dev on big Fish. Thanks Big Fish ooo I got my one year big fish plush and it sits next to my comp like a trophy. Give this game way up!

bigdave02
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by bigdave02 on Sep 16, 11 4:40 PM
Enjoyed this game,can't wait for the sequel. BUT the bonus chapter is crap, wait for the SE.

Edited on 09/16/2011 at 4:42:15 PM PST

mollyroselee
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mollyroselee on Sep 16, 11 8:18 PM
really enjoyed this game. hours of fun...great graphics and story line. not too hard to get through,,,would like to see more games along the same line,,,,go fishies!!

Jools_99
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Jools_99 on Sep 18, 11 5:20 AM
I know i would of loved this game..........If i could finish it, which is impossible due to tech issues.

usignuolo
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by usignuolo on Sep 18, 11 12:24 PM
Absolutely excellent - the best game we have played for a long time with hours of fun, right degree of difficulty for experienced players like us and wonderful graphics. Highly recommended.

debnmike
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by debnmike on Sep 18, 11 5:44 PM
I like the game and don't like getting into the strategy guide or skipping games but this time i am really stuck and the guide doesn't help much. I am in the lone house in the cupboard where one side unlocks the other. After moving the pieces to the correct picture I still can't unlock the other side. I haven't been unable to reset it either. Any ideas?

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Sep 18, 11 8:53 PM
^^I had to skip that one....just couldn't get it after a long time of fooling with it.

I really loved this game. I do agree there are too many HOGS. I would prefer more just "finding" objects rather than digging through piles of stuff. I don't mind some, but after a while, sheesh. Otherwise, thought it was really good! I haven't played the bonus game yet. I'll look for more games from this developer. Oh, and the voice-overs were fine other than Hamilton....he was laughable!

[Post New]by LadyXXXHolic on Sep 18, 11 11:14 PM
Add more story, make less back and forth game play and it would be better but as it is, it's good.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Sep 21, 11 3:18 PM
Great game! Ran smoothly & length was decent too.

SairBelle
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by SairBelle on Sep 24, 11 4:00 AM
I was enjoying the game quite a bit. Thought the story was interesting and it had a few parts of game play that were unique, such as the evidence wall. I was enjoying it, that is, until the end. Then what I had was another game where a glitch in the game meant I would have to start an entirely new profile and play all over again, hoping not to run into more bugs. Not worth it.

Most of these HOGs have low re-playability as it is. The steps to win are the same and there is little to no randomization to the hidden object scenes. This is at least the fourth one that has gone belly up somewhere in game. Quite frankly it's caused me to stop renewing my membership. I would rather have finished games and ones that are fully bug tested presented to me a couple times a day, then rushed and buggy games coming out every day.

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Sep 24, 11 9:43 AM
Played the demo and loved this game. I have been bored lately with the hidden object/adventure genre and was surprised that I had so much fun playing the demo. The SE just came out so I am probably going to buy that instead, but am looking forward to completing the game. Yes, there are a lot of **** scenes, but the objects are not too hard to find so that part moves quickly.

[Post New]by sunfighter on Sep 24, 11 11:31 AM
I just finished this game. It is one of the best! It makes you think. It has a great story line which is put together in a logical progression. It provided a couple of days of puzzle solving. Most, not all, of the voice acting was good. Can't wait for part two.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Sep 25, 11 5:25 PM
Another OUTSTANDING, long play game with my favorite ending, "To Be Continued"!! Excellent story, excellent game play, excellent graphics, (I never listen to music, so can't make a comment on that). Took me the entire weekend to play (minus shopping for DD's homecoming dress yesterday, and church today)

I just don't understand why so many people complain that there are too many Hidden Object scenes, when the game clearly advertises itself as a" Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game". You knew what you were buying....

I had ZERO technical issues, and the game played VERY smoothly. My ONLY complaint is in the bonus game. It seems lately that the bonus is created by the developers "B" team, not the developers of the main game, and it really shows. A little mentoring would go a long way. I'm almost ready to stop buying CE's and I have every one of them...

I'm delighted to have purchased and played this game, and will shelf if to replay down the road. I can't wait for the sequel!!

aowyn
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by aowyn on Sep 27, 11 5:03 PM
Just finished Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek. I really enjoyed this game. I don't usually comment on a game unless I find it very enjoyable. The storyline was engaging, it was spooky and I couldn't wait to see what would happen next! I highly recommend this one....if you like spooky ones!

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Sep 29, 11 10:29 AM
Excellent game in every way. Great adventure elements with moderately challenging play on the difficult level, a good balance of hidden objects, puzzles and tasks, great graphics and story, and a nice long length. The bonus was excellent - so well developed with a good length and deeply related to the story, yet not necessary to the main game - exactly what a bonus game should be but rarely seems to be...

You can tell that much thoughtful design went into this game - the mystery elements unfolded so well and there was a nicely paced level of suspense with a great atmosphere and meaningful tasks/collection of clues.

Overall it was wonderful - I would love to see many more like this one!!

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Oct 8, 11 4:39 AM

Enjoyed this game until I came to the bonus, what a waste of time and effort, should have released this as a SE and left it at that., finish with TBC would have been ok.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Oct 12, 11 6:06 PM
I really enjoyed this game. It was soooo appropriate for the season. I didn't have a problem with the Hidden Objects scenes or the going back and forth. The only problem I encountered was with the cabinet puzzle at the lonely house. The story grabbed me from the opening scene and I wanted to play every chance I got. Found myself asleep (not from boredom) with the laptop many nights because I had to play this game.

Go to: