TGT: Syberia ... Wow!!!

gemangus
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

Re:TGT: Syberia ... Wow!!!

[Post New]by gemangus on Jan 11, 09 6:42 PM
what a beautiful game, truly beautiful. I too highly RECOMMEND this game

bought it a few days ago and still traveling through it!
i think the puzzles are hard -i guess im the only one here
who does and use the walk throughs ALOT!...doesnt bother me though.

it has such an enjoyable story line and once the puzzles are done it is so much fun to watch the automatons and what happens next the puzzles are of lesser importance. thought RTR puzzles easier

thanks to all who recommended!

BTW, years ago i found part of a mammoth tusk in a ravine

Edited on 01/11/2009 at 6:48:50 PM PST

sengel
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by sengel on Jan 12, 09 7:50 AM
Wow, indeed.

Sokal Benoit was the next step forward from the Myst approach in gaming, and a superb combination of graphic artist and comic story teller. Syberia suffers only from the fact it is too lush and lengthy to have finished on one disc, making Syberia I unfinished and Syberia II a bit short, but together they make one of the finest adventure games in the library and history of such.

iWin is offering Syberia II, by the way.

Sadly, as is the way with Myst, Myst Online, etc., there seems to be a loss of interest in beautiful games that don't involve killing 20 more orgs to level up.

This is a classic. I recommend it highly. Spent the entire weekend with the I and II, wandering through the exceptional landscape, needling Oscar, romping with Youki, holding my breath as the Mammoths first appear across the misty blue field...

Go there, you will not be dissapointed.

...oh, and save the game when you climb up to get the egg. That's an old glitch in an otherwise exquisite experience.

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Jan 12, 09 9:18 AM
Gamezebo gave it an excellent review too!

mss clairol

flipper70
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by flipper70 on Jan 12, 09 11:49 AM
Thanks Big Fish for providing this older game for those of us with newer systems (Vista)! It's a fantastic game and such fun to play!!! The only thing I can add is Syberia 2?????! Can't wait to finish the story! Absolutely worth buying! I usually don't buy a game without being able to try it to see if I like it, but made the exception in this case. VERY GLAD I DID!!!

Edited on 01/12/2009 at 11:50:59 AM PST

chimystery
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by chimystery on Jan 12, 09 1:02 PM
could you please help me !
i have the music box and the little things that play in it on the train.
that is as far as i can get.
the robot wont take my ticket till all the things are on the train.
thank you

[Post New]by 031205 on Jan 12, 09 1:38 PM
I am having problems with making the Blue Helena. Can someone help me out? I know the ingredients, but an doing something wrong.

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Jan 12, 09 2:33 PM
chimystery wrote:could you please help me !
thank you

Did you place the Mammoth doll????on the cabinet????

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Jan 12, 09 2:34 PM
031205 wrote:I am having problems with making the Blue Helena. Can someone help me out? I know the ingredients, but an doing something wrong.

So glad you sent me a PM...I would have missed your post. For those of you that might have problems with this too like we both did...the keyboard is the secret....hope that helps

shindy77
Herring
Herring
319 Posts

[Post New]by shindy77 on Jan 12, 09 7:04 PM
chimystery wrote:could you please help me !
thank you

In order for the train to leave Valadilene, you have to have several things in place. Put the Hans and Anna music box on the pedestal in the center of the room. Place the two music cylinders in the cabinet towards the left and rear of the room, in any order. Then place the mammoth doll on the table at the right of the room. If you don't have the mammoth doll, you have missed some steps back in the main town of Valadilene and need to accomplish those before you can move on. If you have all 4 of these items in place, go talk to Oscar, who will tell you that you need a ticket and the train release permit before you can leave. Go outside the train to the ticket booth and get these two things from Oscar. Take the train release permit to the notary's office and stamp it with the stamp on the desk. If the stamp doesn't work yet, pour the ink into it by lifting the hat. If you don't have the ink, you have missed other tasks in town and need to accomplish those as well before you can leave.

shindy77
Herring
Herring
319 Posts

[Post New]by shindy77 on Jan 12, 09 7:06 PM
031205 wrote:I am having problems with making the Blue Helena. Can someone help me out? I know the ingredients, but an doing something wrong.

Did you call the hotel St. Mauritz to get the ingredients for the drink? Did you thaw the honey so that it becomes "liquid honey" by dipping it in the sauna in the pool room, then replacing it in its spot at the bar?

[Post New]by buzwazee on Jan 12, 09 10:08 PM
rosiekb wrote:Is anyone else having problems with playing Syberia? I get to a certain point at the station/university and an error message pops up and says it is having to close down. Any ideas on what I should do?? Otherwise, this is an AMAZING game and I can recommend it, if only I can carry on playing it and not getting knocked off!!!

[Post New]by buzwazee on Jan 12, 09 10:11 PM
I, too, keep getting shut down by error/read messages in the train station. It just keeps getting worse each time I try to run the game! AGHGGH!! I love this game but don't know what to do!

Any ideas? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

flipper70
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by flipper70 on Jan 13, 09 5:21 AM
THANK YOU so very much Big Fish for giving us Syberia 2!!!!!! You do so much in your day to make sure we little fishies are happy, you go so far out of your way! Can't wait to buy and play this game, going to buy and download the game this morning. Was so happy to see Syberia 2 as the new game! Will definitely buy it and would recommend this game to anyone! AWESOME GAME!!! Thanks again!!!

msblueyes
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by msblueyes on Jan 13, 09 7:14 AM
I don't know if I am suppose to mention this or not but those who are not sure whether to get Syberia or Syberia 2 or not, that site where I win icoins has a trial version of both of them if you want to try it before you buy it. But I woul recommend that you buy it from Big Fish as they are awsome in their customer service. I am not promoting another site, just saying that you can try it before you buy it

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Jan 15, 09 12:01 AM
Did you put the vodka bottle on the right side where the other bottles are and did you you warm the honey in the pool. You must warm the water.

[Post New]by rman237 on Jan 15, 09 11:00 AM
I own both I and II on the XBox. Great games!!

[Post New]by croaky6 on Jan 16, 09 12:51 PM
AlmostSilver wrote:Just finished this game...ditto on the WOW. I'm exhausted but I enjoyed the ride. The "Blue Helena" got me...thought I knew exactly how to make that drink...3rd time was a charm. Made perfect sense when I finally made it the right way. Great graphics and I did not experience any glitches whatsoever. (I confess that I had to refer to the walkthrough more than once (twice) oh no three times.) I couldn't get the logic (must be just me)but I did enjoy it, as I said. My husband loved the opera singer.

Where,s the walk through fo siberia then

shindy77
Herring
Herring
319 Posts

[Post New]by shindy77 on Jan 16, 09 7:04 PM
croaky6 wrote:Where,s the walk through fo siberia then

Do an internet search for "Syberia walkthrough" and click on the Gameboomers link that comes up; it should be one of the first links available.

coco811
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by coco811 on Jan 17, 09 12:06 PM
Elkestra wrote:If you want to read some external reviews (prior to forum feedback), you might want to go to the JustAdventure website. Syberia has 2 reviews on there - got A, and A+ ratings respectively over the two reviews, whilst for comparison Syberia 2 (which I've played) got A+.

coco811
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by coco811 on Jan 17, 09 12:08 PM
I just finished Syberia 2, and it was wonderful. In fact, just beautiful!!! I wish it had not ended. Are there more like it? I am so impressed with the story and scenery, I just can't stand it.

Go to: