mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Re:Reviews for Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mycatluna on Oct 3, 11 12:10 PM
Been away for awhile so short review as others have covered most everything else.

Not worth the CE price tag (unfortunately this is happening a lot more lately).

WAY to short for the , graphics are a bit outdated, Hidden object scenes are junk-pile ( -IMHO, a great HoG game has uncluttered, realistic scenes where things are cleverly hidden in plain sight. It shows creative inspiration and time invested which means I am more willing to shell out the ) As I've said before to developers: invest more in your game (innovation, scripting, voice-acting, crisp graphics for all screen resolutions, realistic environments, creative story-lines, etc.) and I will invest more in YOU.

I am looking forward to playing this as an SE, but this CE just doesn't justify the double price.

Happy gaming!

Cheers

mycatluna

[Post New]by MichaelMaiden25 on Nov 5, 11 6:53 PM
Great game from Vast Studios ever made, so far...Graphics are nice and music are good. I'll give All A's!

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Nov 19, 11 11:14 PM
Although I enjoyed the graphics of this game, I found the gameplay too easy. I played in expert mode and it wasn't challenging enough for me. I know I am one of the few who feel this way but there it is. I might get the SE...

Gill_R
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_R on Dec 5, 11 3:37 PM
I'm a bit "meh" on this one. Because I got disturbed during the demo, and didn't play a full hour, I thought it was going to be a different storyline to the way it turned out. I'm not one to care all that much about the plots: I enjoy the gameplay, graphics & puzzles usually without taking too much notice of the plot but this just felt disjointed.

I didn't miss a map, found it pretty easy to get around and I don't mind to-ing and fro-ing too much when I'm enjoying the graphics, and those I did like.

Puzzles were on the easy side I felt but there seemed to be a good mix of them and HOS, not too much of one or the other.

Bonus play wasn't bad but I wish I'd bough the SE and not the CE. That'll teach me to impulse-buy! ;-o

Gussie3319
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Gussie3319 on Dec 5, 11 4:29 PM
Franky, I didn't see why so many people seem to love this game .

I find it unoriginal in theme. The illustrations are not well done -they are unclear and grainy, and the locational illustrations I consider very amateur.

The vocabulary is a far cry from being idiomatic or fluent in English (I want to "traverse" down the well, do I? Why can't the people who make these games get some quality control and have professional translations done? Nobody "traverses" down a well......

Again, to compare a game like this with the far superior quality of eg. Dire Grove, or Timeless, or any of the recent Vogat games makes this baby out to be something I definitely do not want to spend my money on.

Gussie3319
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Gussie3319 on Dec 5, 11 4:32 PM
mycatluna wrote:Been away for awhile so short review as others have covered most everything else.

Not worth the CE price tag (unfortunately this is happening a lot more lately).

WAY to short for the , graphics are a bit outdated, Hidden object scenes are junk-pile ( -IMHO, a great HoG game has uncluttered, realistic scenes where things are cleverly hidden in plain sight. It shows creative inspiration and time invested which means I am more willing to shell out the ) As I've said before to developers: invest more in your game (innovation, scripting, voice-acting, crisp graphics for all screen resolutions, realistic environments, creative story-lines, etc.) and I will invest more in YOU.

I am looking forward to playing this as an SE, but this CE just doesn't justify the double price.

Happy gaming!

Cheers

mycatluna

Gussie3319
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Gussie3319 on Dec 5, 11 4:33 PM
I agree with everything you said, but I have a question: What is IMHO? Because tou write that IMHO is a great game....... I would love to find it!

Gussie3319
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Gussie3319 on Dec 5, 11 4:35 PM
Oh dear silly me, I've just realized that IMHO stands for In My Humble Opinion.....

I guess I didn't know this because my opinions are so rarely humble............!!!

Akela16
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by Akela16 on Dec 7, 11 12:46 PM
I've just finished playing the game and completed the "Bonus" too.

I was very pleased and surprised that it opened UNLIMITED PUZZLES ... you can replay any of the puzzles as many times as you want. Also UNLIMITED HIDDEN OBJECT SCENES ... again you can replay any of the Hidden Object Scenes as often as you want.

This feature makes the game very worthwhile to purchase ... you get a bank of PUZZLES and HIDDEN OBJECT SCENES that you can play anytime and as often as you like.

alagamer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by alagamer on May 23, 12 7:27 PM
One of the items to find in a HOG was a sand dollar...I couldn't find it because it was actually a dollar sign ( $ )!

This game was NOT worth $13.99. Should have been $6.99.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Jul 5, 12 12:01 PM
Vast Studios came through again! This was an outstanding game with a generous hint system; ability to skip puzzles if necessary; a gripping story; voiceovers; and amazing graphics. We couldn't stop playing until we finished the game. That's a sign of an excellent game! Vast is one of my favorite developers! They keep the player in mind when designing games. Thanks to Vast and to BFG!

[Post New]by Tiniqueen2 on Jul 16, 12 11:40 AM
Ok in the ho game it says chocolate. The hint highlights the calculator - cant find chocolate. Help...

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on May 19, 13 12:39 PM
I beta tested this game, it was not so bad, dark and dreary but most of this games are, I took a while to buy it after it came up, but I was not disappointed when I played the whole thing.

I will recommend this game.

[Post New]by Palaluuseri on Nov 25, 13 11:15 AM
I demoed this game (played the full one hour trial) and didn't really like it. Navigating was a bit awkward - when moving from one scene to another I sometimes was a bit confused where I had got to. Not predictable at all, although you could see that as a good thing, too...?

I didn't like the graphics at all - they were somewhat grainy and blurry, which also made the HO scenes a bit too difficult for me. Also the charachters and animations were clumsy and they were twitching unpleasantly when moving. On the other hand, the game seemed almost appealingly archaic and reminded me a little bit of those old and very simple room escape games.

At first, the music sounded somehow boring and simple and it didn't appeal to me, but then it started to feel quite nice and creepy. That kind of simpliness makes the ambiance a lot creepier than pompous composings in many other games.

Other sounds were nice, and I enjoyed the realistic sound of rain hitting the roof.

All in all, this game is not a buy for me. The graphics and navigating put me off and for me they are the most important thing about games.

Go to: