Re:Welcome to Haunted Hotel II: Believe the Lies forum

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on Jun 4, 10 2:28 PM
been having loads of technical issues with this game. followed all the advice on forum but still crashes. was getting frustrated. however, after reading reviews i.m going to pass on this one. thanks to all for your comments, you saved me a lot of time trying to get the game to work

[Post New]by boriquasoyyo on Jun 7, 10 6:04 PM
help..im at somebodys room starting with a letter c..i need to findthe secret passage.i already found all the clues..but cant get out..i think im freozed or i mean the game frozed cause i cant go and find anything in this room..need help.asap..

[Post New]by catawhat on Jun 8, 10 1:04 AM
Did I really see that? In the porch scene outside the hotel about the 6th or 7th hidden object scene, is that a female mannequin,or statue or did a bored programmer decided to something "special" to the scene.

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lexi4 on Jun 11, 10 2:40 PM
Thanks Fishies! You saved me from wasting my money.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jun 11, 10 4:51 PM
catawhat wrote:Did I really see that? In the porch scene outside the hotel about the 6th or 7th hidden object scene, is that a female mannequin,or statue or did a bored programmer decided to something "special" to the scene.

I tried to believe it was a statue.

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Jun 13, 10 7:23 PM
Just finished: not sure what's supposed to be "haunted" about this, but a cute little game. But the MUSIC! This has some of the most beautiful game music I've ever found! Why on EARTH couldn't a soundtrack be available? I even went out on-line to search the composer names without success. Frustrating!!!

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Aug 3, 10 2:21 PM
I played the demo and found it was too full of tiny objects hard to find. You had plenty of hints (5 each scene), but it took too long to find things.

I loved the colorful rooms and graphics and I'm sorry the gameplay was so lame and not interesting at all. It didn't engage the player and seemed almost pointless is playing.

I got frustrated trying to find small objects and decided not to purchase this one.

The cursor action was slow, too, so it took forever to get something to move when you clicked on it or changed a scene. It took forever to skip the dialogue.

The minigames were pointless to me. I'm sure it's a game some players will enjoy.

[Post New]by abe080 on Sep 14, 10 6:04 PM
This is the worst game I have bought from Big Fish. I am stuck on breaking the globe with a hammer. Can not find the hammer.

I would love to get my money back!!!!!

Pooh_Bah
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Pooh_Bah on Oct 25, 10 11:19 AM
Oh, dear. Where to start. Disconnected, no logic or story line, just a bunch of garbage to pick through, clues supposedly found, but never given an idea of what they were, who the characters were, why we should suspect the priest. No idea of even what the so-called FBI agent was investigating. Moving the hotel through time? Puleese! This was a sloppy game, sloppy concept, sloppy execution, sloppy story line (actually, NO story line to speak of). Definitely at the bottom on all counts. I nearly quit from boredom and will not bother with the "to be continued."

Pooh_Bah
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Pooh_Bah on Oct 25, 10 11:23 AM
Oh, and did I mention the sound effects . . . miscellaneous heavy breathing, scrapes, creaks, footsteps. No idea what many of them were even supposed to be or why we should care. Not spooky, not menacing, just bizarre.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Dec 14, 10 2:56 PM
genkicoll wrote:I read through some of the comments on this game before I downloaded it to demo, and was unsure of what I'd find.

I like it It's pretty much a straightforward HOG with do-able mini-games between each scene.

You get five hints for each scene, but save them, you'll need them. Items are hidden in plain sight, but can still be hard to find, because you expect to see them there, and pass right by them. Try to save at least one hint for the mini-game afterwards, for sometimes it's not immediately apparent what the game wants from you.

I found the game challenging without being too hard, nice graphics, fine story... At $2.99, I bought it 30 minutes into the game. I think anyone who likes HOGs will enjoy this game - just don't expect it to be like Mystery Case Files! That's a standard that's hard to beat!

Exactly! I enjoy this game. Simple and straight forward enough to not need a walkthrough,but not so easy to make it boring like Escape From Lost Island is. I did not find the objects too hard or tiny to be able to find,either. I have replayed it several times.

[Post New]by MisteyRaine on Dec 19, 10 8:40 AM
buea wrote:can't get past the circle of color gems even if the are in the correct places.

[Post New]by MisteyRaine on Dec 19, 10 8:41 AM
I cannot get past the circle of gems, really could use some advice here

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Dec 27, 10 8:55 PM
It started out ok for me but I didnt get the plot, the hidden objects got smaller and smaller.

The first game wouldnt load for me so maybe that is why I didnt get this game.

Happy game day

[Post New]by 5chayes on Dec 28, 10 12:01 PM
Unicorn girl. What you need is a dictionary. If you're lucky, you might get a picture.

Welcome to Haunted Hotel II: Believe the Lies forum

[Post New]by lynns62 on Jan 27, 11 7:59 PM
i down loaded the trial version and the game won't even play. what a waste of time.

[Post New]by yougoof12373 on Feb 2, 11 10:43 AM
Where is Mouse in Music Room?

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Feb 2, 11 10:49 AM

Edited on 02/02/2011 at 10:50:45 AM PST

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on Feb 8, 11 12:28 PM
Don't believe the lie. This game sucks. I am glad I didn't buy it. I got stuck at door 12 just like a hundred other people. No keypad, no inventory, no way to back up. I deleted it after 30 minutes into the trial period.

[Post New]by tinyseahorse on Feb 20, 11 3:59 PM
[b]sorry but this is one game i wish i had not purchased. tiny-tiny-tiny-cant see stuff to find and way too many per screen-boring too- did like the background noise's though-kinda creepy, i like that,,,otherwise -

Go to: