IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

Re:Reviews for Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Oct 27, 11 10:33 AM
What an incredible game! The story line is engaging, the hidden object scenes are creative (yes, creative!), and there's interactions at every level. It's one of the best games I've ever played! In fact the whole OrNeon "Echoes of the Past" series has been excellent. The CE version was definitely worth the money. The bonus game gave us another hour and a half of play. I highly recommend this fantastic game!

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 10:36:27 AM PST

chaka4
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by chaka4 on Oct 28, 11 10:14 PM
The Echoes of the Past series is one of my favorites. I was really excited when the third installment "The Citadels of Time" CE came out.

It has the potential to be a really top rate game, but I have to say I am so dissapointed by all the bugs that I haven't finished it.

It does not save the game when I exit and I don't have hours and hours to complete the whole thing in one shot. I also cannot turn the music off with out getting stuck in the options window and not being able to close it. There are also places where the item I need for the inventory is not there (I know because the previous two times I played this and had to restart, the item was there!)

I keep waiting for them to fix the bugs and update the game, but according to the moderator of this forum, it doesn't look like they will. I should have waited for the SE version. The CE was a waste of money.

Sorry BFG, but this time you let me down.

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Nov 7, 11 10:51 PM
Just finished, and WOW! What a long and gorgeous game! I enjoyed every second of it - no bugs here at all. And the hint at the end that there's going to be a fourth game was exciting to learn. I haven't tried the bonus game yet but I love the fact that there is one. Thanks so much for another great Echoes of the Past!

PapillonMom
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by PapillonMom on Nov 12, 11 5:21 PM
This is the best game ever.... graphics, voices, mini games and storyline.... I can't say enough!!!
GREAT JOB!!

JGHart5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by JGHart5 on Nov 17, 11 6:14 PM
This is the best game EVER!!!!! I have been a member of Big Fish Games for over a year now, and I own many games. Most are HOS and Adventure. I really like games that are a combination of both, but are not so hard that I get frustrated instead of enjoying the gaming experiance. This game is a perfect example of the best HOS/Adventure game. For you gamers who like high difficulty - this might not be for you. I found it to be challenging but not unmanageable. It flows so well and if you keep paying attention to your inventory, you know where to go and what to do next. The graphics are great. I love, love, love the interactive HOS. And, traveling through time in this game is effortless as opposed to the time travel in Time Mysteries for example. The game play is long. I was zooming through it and it still took me over 9 hours to complete. And, I have not completed the bonus portion yet. I have quite a few games that I really enjoy, but this one has knocked all of the others off the top shelf. I hope if you buy this game you enjoy it as much as I have.

blujeens
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by blujeens on Dec 24, 11 5:22 PM
Ok, here's my review of Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time CE:

Graphics: Nicely done. Colors & cutscenes were good.

Voices/Sounds: Clear voice-overs & sounds. Options offered Music, Sound, Full Screen, Wide Screen, Custom Cursor

Music: Not the best music - also repetitious

Minis/HOGs: Modes of Regular & Advanced were offered. I chose Advanced & found the minis ranged from easy to med-difficult while the HOGs were little to no challenge. Both had hints, and skips were ready quickly in the minis. Also, the Bonus Game had sparkles everywhere, regardless of what mode you pick. The SG stayed right where you left it last - yup, I needed some help on a couple minis!

Game Overall: I loved having the Inventory at the top. It's so easy to accidently open the Inventory every time you go to the bottom of the screen to go back to a previous scene - thanks for that Orneon. The game was good, never boring, and took me about 6 1/2 hours. The Bonus section offered Wallpaper, Bonus Game, Minigames & SG - no music. In most cases I'd be disappointed, but this music didn't excite me. The Bonus Game took me another 1 1/4 hours to finish. It's definitely not necessary to finish off the story - it's kinda like a different ending, but for me, not as great. It was filled to the brim with repetitive HOGs - very different from the rest of the game. For me, the bonus content didn't offer anything enjoyable. I could have purchased the SE & been just as happy. I was a little disappointed.

Recommendation: Really nice game for fishes, but there's some torture chamber places that I wouldn't want little ones to see. Unless you really crave lots & lots of HOGs, I would say to get the SE.

Out of 5 stars, I give this one

2pence7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Not Saving my Progress: Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition

[Post New]by 2pence7 on Jan 27, 12 5:35 AM
Is anyone else finding that when they exit the Citadels of Time it doesn't save your progress?? Both times I've re-opened it it doesn't show my name and when I type it in again it goes back to the beginning. Do I need to do anything to save progress???

[Post New]by HOGPlayer on Feb 25, 12 3:17 PM
I just finished this game and it has become one of my all-time favorites. Beautiful graphics along with a good story make this really involving and filled with lots of cool discoveries.

The HO scenes were appropriately difficult without some of the "ick" factor of other games. The puzzles were so much fun to figure out and only occasionally did I resort to the solution:> I thought the hint button that showed if you needed to go to another location was a very good feature and I used it often which helped to not waste time going all over the place and getting confused.

Oh, and I really liked the interactive items in the HO scenes---very clever.

Overall, a very, very enjoyable game. Definitely a buy.

CndnPhoenix
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by CndnPhoenix on Feb 25, 12 7:08 PM

Found it much much easier than the first two!

Regretting buying it.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 14, 12 7:22 AM
this game is a buy for us.----------doug & lisa

pumpkin88
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by pumpkin88 on Jul 13, 12 6:04 PM
this is by far one of the best games I ever played. Long game play, very creative mini puzzles and games. Well worth it and tons of fun!

vetchick
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by vetchick on Jul 15, 12 11:19 AM
Great game! Engaging story, and a nice long length. Also, great bonus material. Glad I bought the CE.

[Post New]by momahobbit on Aug 4, 12 6:07 PM
I don't think BF knows how to solve the failure to initialize problem. I've deleted and redownloaded, reinstalled. Even reinstalled the game manager. They wanted a picture of the game screen which I sent 3 times but have heard nothing since then. If you have any ideas I'm will try them. I really want to play Echos of the past: The Witches revenge. Had this same problem with Wax dimensions.

[Post New]by Bubbles2776 on Mar 18, 13 8:58 AM
I have just completed the full game, as well as the bonus game at the end. Really enjoyed the full series so far, it's that good my oh is addicted and he never plays games. He has just spent four days playing echoes of sorrow, echoes of the past: castle of shadows, and is now playing the citadels of time.

I liked the length, the graphics, story line, the puzzles.

A* from me.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 6, 13 8:41 AM
Could Have Been Excellent

DEMO & MAIN GAME COMPLETED

I would have given this another star if they had revamped the visuals of the castle in the Kingdom of Orion.

These graphics were fine for 2009, when the first game of the series came out, but they were already looking dreadful with the second game in 2010. Even allowing for the fact that two years have now passed since its release in 2011, I just don’t think that’s good enough.

With the exception of some HO scenes, the graphics are as grainy and clunky as they were in the first game.

Other than the graphics, this is a pretty good game. The things that I LIKE include:

*tool bar at the top of the screen.

*getting a ‘final item’ to find in HOs, which is the inventory item.

*as well as list HOs there are ‘misplaced items’ games.

*excellent voice acting.

*the picture puzzles at the end of each chapter.

*the story, which continues to remain interesting, and the characters.

*the locations outside the old castle scenes.

*replayable HOs and mini-games

*in game strategy guide

Another game destined to be great that just didn’t make it.

But I have faith, and continue to hope for an instalment in this series that shows some improvement .

I recommend this game!

Go to: