boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

Re:Reviews for Love Story: The Beach Cottage

[Post New]by boobailey on Dec 6, 11 7:11 PM
I liked this game. Cute story line and many HOS with easy to do puzzles. I found this game jumped around a lot. For me it took away from the game. I also thought it was a little frustrating to move to different locations. It took me forever to find the park and the road to the house and other locations.

[Post New]by pretendimnothere on Dec 11, 11 6:50 PM
Bought this without trying because I liked the first one so much. Wish I hadn't. Too much back and forth, not sure where each part of the puzzle are because no map. Just haven't enjoyed it at all.

[Post New]by dotcase on Jan 3, 12 12:17 AM
I loved the story and the games and the puzzles, however I felt cheated by the length. I think they left out a chapter or two. Maybe could have had more about the the's life. I almost want my money back.

[Post New]by michadog on Feb 25, 12 10:14 AM
Compared with similar games of the same price this was lacking in content. my least liked of Big Fish games so far

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Feb 28, 12 11:10 AM
I enjoyed the game, but as others have commented, it's much shorter than "Love Story: Letters from the Past", the story's nowhere near as good, and the ending seems cut off.... rather unsatisfying.

Also, the basic premise of the story was on the unbelievable side - her parents knew the truth and never told her? She never visited them at the cottage?

Just didn't make sense.

Still, the game was a mildly fun diversion, and the graphics & music were enjoyable

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Feb 28, 12 11:11 AM
I enjoyed the game, but as others have commented, it's much shorter than "Love Story: Letters from the Past", the story's nowhere near as good, and the ending seems cut off.... rather unsatisfying.

Also, the basic premise of the story was on the unbelievable side - her parents knew the truth and never told her? She never visited them at the cottage?

Just didn't make sense.

Still, the game was a mildly fun diversion, and the graphics & music were enjoyable

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Feb 28, 12 11:11 AM

Just didn't make sense.

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Oct 6, 12 10:22 PM
A map would have definitely helped the worn-out sneakers! Unfortunately, the ending was far too abrupt. Needed to provide more explanation, and needed to show the interiors of the house again, etc., etc. Devs needed to put as much effort in the end as they did in the beginning and middle.

Reviews for Love Story: The Beach Cottage

[Post New]by FluffyDoodle on Dec 2, 12 8:28 AM
bfgRhone wrote:Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Love Story: The Beach Cottage? Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions about the game in this thread. We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond! To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game!

A lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/180462.page>here</a>.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jun 29, 13 12:38 PM
Played for about 15 minutes, kind of boring. But the shells was interesting and the first HOG scene was so boring, I uninstalled. Not worth the money

[Post New]by perplexed321 on Jul 15, 13 5:27 PM
SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT! This game is one big yawn. It is very slow moving and there are not nearly enough hidden object scenes. The ones that are there are exceedingly easy, as are the puzzles. Plus there is a very obvious flaw to the story. SPOILER ALERT! The main character returns to the beach cottage where her father was living up until approximately one year prior to her return. The woman's previous boyfriend/first love, who has been looking for her for forty or so years, still lives right down the beach from the father. You would think if he was so desperate to connect with her, as the story would imply he is, he would've simply walked the 100 feet or so to her father's front door and said, "Hey, by the way, how can I contact your daughter?". Or at some point in conversation, the father would've said, "Guess what? Remember that guy that we thought drowned in that boating accident? Well, he survived and he still lives right down the road from me." Kinda makes the whole point of the game rather moot.

Go to: