janey3315
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fairway Collector's Edition

[Post New]by janey3315 on Dec 7, 11 10:26 PM
I really like this game. I have the first fairway game and used to play it online with other players and you could chat while playing...i do really miss that part.

I loved so many different things about this new version. I liked the golf bucks, the shopping, the trophies, the cute movies, whacking the gopher, and just game play too.

It took me time to get used to it but for the post above me...the way to get alot of money is to do more long shots for the $1000 and don't buy that many clubs unless you have a lot of money because i've played this game twice so far and i haven't had any problems with having enough money for the last part where you have to pay for the courses.

Happy gaming fishes

janey3315
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by janey3315 on Dec 7, 11 10:35 PM
RokDok wrote:Rye gives you a good rundown of what's available in the game.
I have two complaints with the new CE: 1) the solitare games are too easy, especially if you can buy clubs just about any time you want. 2) I'm partway through the "diamond" games, and so far the only course goal seems to be to make par on the course. Am I missing some type of option button to get a goal of something besides par?
The original game is always challenging and the variety of goals keeps things interesting. I've lost track of how many times I've played it
In short, I'd recommend sticking with the original game until the price drops on this one or they manage to make it at least as challenging and varied.

Even though i really enjoyed this game...i agree about waiting for the SE and i also agree about having better goals on the first game in fact i've already gone back to the first Fairway game to play the locked courses all over again lol...does that tell you something

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Mar 21, 12 7:53 PM
WOW!

Loved this CE already, but with the latest update, there is all sorts of additional play that I didn't even know I was missing!!

Thank you, BFG, for being so diligent!

NOTE: The speed games are demonic!!! FUN!!!!

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Mar 24, 12 4:55 AM
Is it just me, or have the voice acting changed a bit with this latest update? It seems a little less snarky, a little more formal. I like snarky, bring it back please.

awvines
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by awvines on Jul 4, 12 3:02 PM
I love golf-style solitaire, and whizzed my way through the original Fairway Solitaire. The new Fairway Collector's Edition is just as much fun! I love the 9 hole additions and the movies of that sneaky little gopher. I'm not sure how the SE will be different, but for the 1/2 price deal this July 4th the CE is well worth the price of admission!

[Post New]by nanlee4me on Jul 14, 12 7:28 PM
I really love this game......wondering why the 3/stars course package bonus doesn't extend to the extra course packages.......would like to see that happen. Also, what does it mean when it says that you can extend your long shot distance by buying clubs? How does one do that for that mini-game?

All-in-all, great game! 10 out of 10 stars!

[Post New]by cheesemyster on Jun 27, 13 7:47 PM
Worst game purchased - no challenge
for real interest get Fairway Solitare instead - at least each hole has a new challenge and adds interest to the game

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jun 30, 14 10:59 PM
i don't think this one has the charm of the first. I am not liking the much about it at all

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 5, 14 10:35 AM
Based on the demo:

I'm not a golf fan, mainly because I don't understand the game, can't play (back injury; just seeing someone take a swing makes me cringe), and just can't see why anyone would watch this game when they could be watching college football and cheering their lungs out. I've never understood the terms and never took the time to investigate.

But I decided to give the game a try.

And I love it.

I realize this is a solitaire game and it's the typical one - one up and one down. Something new would be nice. But there is strategy.

I love the announcer. I love the really stupid jokes. I really love the gopher and being able to bonk it.

I don't understand why this is a CE but it is. Is it worth the cost? I don't know. But I can't seem to stop playing.

Go to: