katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

Re:Reviews for Oddly Enough: Pied Piper

[Post New]by katiepops on Oct 25, 11 12:22 PM
Great graphics and storyline. This game was an absolute delight to play! I enjoyed every minute of it. Would highly recommend.

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Oct 25, 11 8:33 PM
Very entertaining game! I really enjoyed playing it..Very clear,objects easy to find,hints fast to reload,really cute game,I give it a 5 out of 5

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Oct 31, 11 9:19 AM
@tinyseahorse:
fontana:::wow!! pretty harsh!! and very long! maybe you should become a dev. so that you could make the absolutely only one on the planet perfect game! im glad that i ignore reviews like yours before i buy a game and judge for myself first, then when i leave a short review,,i read what others thought of it!! have a and chill!

Glad you liked the review. It wasn't harsh because I also gave the good points. Perhaps you should learn some online manners before you post again. It took me a long time to write that review because I tried to be very thorough. Your criticisms are not appreciated.

Thank you.

[Post New]by LapTopDancerr on Nov 20, 11 7:47 AM
I really enjoy reading Dominick's reviews. I don't know this person, and do notice the effort/time he/she puts into her reviews and some of the rude remarks directed to him/her.
He/She always writes unbiased, direct and to the point completed game reviews using the standard 5 or / rating, also used for completed book, movie, restaurant reviews. I usually don't bother reading demo reviews, and start from the last posting page and work back until I reach the latest demo review. If I do read a demo review, it's because it's lengthy and assume its about a completed game, only to find ad nauseum that it is another trial version review with a "cutsey" grading system. I am not putting them down....it's just I'd rather play the game than keep track of everyone's own grading systems on a demo. I appreciate that those reviews help alot of other fishies, and they like that style. It's just not for me.
Dominick is quick to answer if you pm him/her when something is left out of a review that is a concern of yours. Her/His reviews are so detailed, I assume they have the answer I'm looking for. Unless I'm imagining things, there seems to be a trend of abrupt endings inching its way into SE's, and the most important thing to me in regard to CE's/SE's is: "Does the main game come to a satisfactory conclusion without having to purchase the CE."
Three are kind enough to pm me back and I am so happy they can purchase CE's, and write extensive reviews for people like me who can't afford to buy all of them and do so only when the main game ends abruptly.
Thank you Dominick , govegril and Lizzie.

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Nov 30, 11 9:01 AM
Thanks, LapTop. I'm glad someone appreciates my reviews. haha

Just for the record, I'm a man.

Thanks for the kind words.

[Post New]by DashGamesAddict on Dec 3, 11 9:46 PM
I am surprised this game has gotten good reviews.

I found the HOG scenes way too easy. The graphics were good but I've seen better. I was actually disappointed in this game and won't be buying it.

CAG30
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by CAG30 on Jan 8, 12 11:48 PM
I wasn't sure about this game in the beginning, but I actually ended up really enjoying it! It was a nice change from the more cinical and gruesome sort of games which I still like, but this was just more upbeat with a good storyline. My 11 year old granddaughter loved it too and it was one I felt comfortable in letting her play.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Apr 2, 12 7:05 PM
Interesting, I just came across this game and I wonder how I missed when it first came out.

I actually like this game very much.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 8, 12 9:09 AM
this was a GREAT game, a BUY for us.-------doug & lisa

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 4, 12 2:01 PM
Fun, Fun, Fun! GREAT graphic's throught the game. ---------Doug & Lisa

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Sep 18, 12 4:15 PM
Right off the bat I had to turn off the awful music...then the knock, knock, knock of the sound effects were driving me crazy...tried to turn it off and it was way to silent. No matter how low I turned it, I couldn't get it low enough. Found the game a bit childish right from the get go...lasted about 10 minutes into the demo and couldn't get out of it fast enough....apparently not for me, no way.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 12, 13 4:50 AM
MY REVIEWS ARE BASED ON FINISHED GAMEPLAY

I don't know how I ended up buying this as if I demoed this I wouldn't have bought it. I do like 'filler' games - short, simple and sweet to be played in between LF or HOPAs if it's done well but this feels more like a student's attempt at a game rather than a polished game from the famous DEVs that has put their name with the other dev that I don't know.

At the beginning it was so bad it was nearly good but not quite! I have no idea who it is made for as in the first chapter you play a Ouija board but apart from that I think it is aimed for children or for beginners but then at the end it does get slightly harder.

The 14 puzzles, except for two (medium) were so easy it was unbelievable. Every area was very contained so you couldn't get lost and basically if you pick up an object you use it in the next scene or within a couple of minutes. You did need to have a good memory as I thought puzzle solutions (when you found the answer to a puzzle elsewhere, ie the order etc) would be recorded in the task list but unless I missed it I couldn't find it. There were some arcade puzzles.

The gameplay was very clunky and slow, if you didn't click exactly in the right place it wouldn't recognise it. I hated those arrows and that when I clicked on them, when it zoomed in it made me feel weird. Graphics were mostly OK but in some areas and HOS they weren't.

19 HOS were all silhouette. You play all of them twice and one three times.

Apart from the opening and a couple of scenes at the end, the game had no resemblance to the pied piper. I did feel the last two chapters were the best (which is why it's getting 2 stars and not 1 star which is was going to get) but the clunky annoying controls, repeating HOS, so simple it was annoying puzzles, and very short game play, I don't recommend this game.

TIME 2hrs 40mins on hard (no skipping and yes I found all ten coins).

Edited on 01/12/2013 at 4:55:18 AM PST

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Mar 27, 13 5:16 PM
Fun game. The scenes are very colorful and the graphic's are nice. The puzzles were fun and the HOS were good.

Go to: