cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Post any Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens technical issues here only

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 4, 11 2:49 AM
I experienced an

Error: Access Violation at 0x005E1E63 (tried to read from 0x0000034C)

this morning while trying to use Hermes wings but after closing down the Game Manager and then reopening the game I was able to continue playing.

[Post New]by glferris on Nov 4, 11 6:18 AM
I have updated drivers and direct x. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and tried several of the other tips/guesses in this thread. The game still freezes at the blue wings at level 3-15.

Come on already, it shouldn't be this hard!! The other games in this series functioned perfectly even with the same kind of powerups and were a delight to play. That's why I bought this one and unfortunately, now I'm sorry I did.

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Nov 4, 11 11:20 AM
glferris wrote:I have updated drivers and direct x. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and tried several of the other tips/guesses in this thread. The game still freezes at the blue wings at level 3-15.

Come on already, it shouldn't be this hard!! The other games in this series functioned perfectly even with the same kind of powerups and were a delight to play. That's why I bought this one and unfortunately, now I'm sorry I did.

Did you change it to run in compatibility mode with WinXP (service pack 3)? That worked for me.

The other thing I did, is wait to activate the blue wings until you have cleared the ropes on both sides of the wings. I don't know if the game just can't handle it if you don't do that or what. Anyway, that seemed to work for me, so you might try that.

[Post New]by marauder45 on Nov 5, 11 8:31 PM
My computer plays all of the games I have bought on Big Fish except this one. When I attempt to play, it overheats and then shuts off, making me have to restart the game over and over. Very frustrating since no other game does this!

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Nov 6, 11 8:27 AM
marauder, if your computer is overheating because of a game, it means your graphics card is generating too much heat! Is your fan broken in your computer?
Also, you may need to clean out your inside of your computer as lint collecting in there can block the flow of air and cause it to overheat. You may also want to make sure you do not have the vents blocked. Is this a laptop or a desktop computer?

hi94
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by hi94 on Nov 6, 11 2:19 PM
My game also froze when clicking on blue wings at the very beginning og thr gameboard for the last seal. Nothing I've tried has fixed it.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 8, 11 4:01 PM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that we are aware of an issue that's been causing this game to freeze/crash with an Access Violation error message for some of our players, particularly during Level 3-15 and 8-13, and we'd really appreciate your help.

How can you help? Well since this isn't an issue that everyone is experiencing, we'll need to figure out which types of systems are being affected. So if you could please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team, the more information that we can gather, the better!

Thank you for your patience, and if there are any updates on this issue, we'll be sure to post something in the forums.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by lucyquilter on Nov 10, 11 12:33 PM
I cannot complete Level 8-13 of Heroes of Hellas 3 Athens. Everytime I start the level, the program crashes and tells me that there is an access error. Anyone else having this same problem?

Lucy

[Post New]by soundgrumpy on Nov 10, 11 12:57 PM
lucyquilter wrote:I cannot complete Level 8-13 of Heroes of Hellas 3 Athens. Everytime I start the level, the program crashes and tells me that there is an access error. Anyone else having this same problem?

Lucy

Yes there are some of us with this issue......see the post just above from BFG

Rexx
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Rexx on Nov 11, 11 6:34 AM
I too was stuck at 8-13 (last seal) My workaround was to turn off the full screen option and uncheck high quality. I have passed this level and am now in the bonus rounds. Hope this works for others.

[Post New]by soundgrumpy on Nov 11, 11 11:56 AM
Rexx wrote:I too was stuck at 8-13 (last seal) My workaround was to turn off the full screen option and uncheck high quality. I have passed this level and am now in the bonus rounds. Hope this works for others.

Wow........it worked !! I kept waiting for it to crash but it didn't. Thanks for your help.

Question...did you switch back once you got past 8-13?

Rexx
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Rexx on Nov 11, 11 2:41 PM
No. I decided to leave well enough alone.

[Post New]by soundgrumpy on Nov 11, 11 4:06 PM
I decided to be very brave and switched back. It's working fine except I'm not good at the puzzles lol. At least there is a thread with some solutions

[Post New]by wildmountain on Nov 11, 11 8:53 PM
I won;t be buying until I am sure that the download and playing problems have been totally resolved, so please post here once you know that the game is working OK so that I can get it. I loved the rest of the series, but won't take the risk just now.

[Post New]by sarac1964 on Nov 11, 11 10:31 PM
down loaded fine im half way through game did everything thec said to solve issue but get to one level and it freezes my computer . please help or give me my money back .

Neshiao
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Neshiao on Nov 12, 11 9:12 PM
I had contacted technical support about the game crashing and I ran the Dr Felix report and sent the attachment when I contacted them. In the interim I used the user suggested solution mentioned in this forum that said to bypass the game manager and run from the executable. That worked for until I got to the last level and it hung up again on me again on the blue wings. Extremely frustrating to be at the end of the game. I can't get around this one no matter what I try.

Shevyron
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by Shevyron on Nov 14, 11 5:33 AM
marauder45 wrote:My computer plays all of the games I have bought on Big Fish except this one. When I attempt to play, it overheats and then shuts off, making me have to restart the game over and over. Very frustrating since no other game does this!

I have exactly the same problem, can't play for more than half an hour, or the computer overheats and shuts down. I've never had this with any game before.

Zobig
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Zobig on Nov 23, 11 6:13 PM
I love this game, had no problem downloading, but having trouble playing the game.
It takes for ever to play the game . So slow , I haven't had trouble with the other games. Anyone know what it could be

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 30, 11 3:20 PM
Hi fishies,

I just wanted to let you know that a new build has been released that fixes the Access Violation error and crashing issues in Level 3-15 and 8-13.

(you can click on the above link for more information)

We'll be locking this thread to help us monitor any technical issues that are specific to the newest version of this game, but please feel free to post in the new 'Technical Issues' thread if you continue to experience any new or similar issues with this game.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Go to: