Re:Reviews for Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition

[Post New]by jailbird400 on Oct 31, 11 11:27 PM
Hi Fishies, Its probably a little late to be chiming in. I Love, Love,Love this game.I just finished all but the Bonus gameplay...Very few puzzles,Mostly all adventure and ,hos. Great story with a little twist in the end.Off to the bonus play. Thanks

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Nov 1, 11 2:18 AM
There was nothing terribly different about this game. I did enjoy having the dragon lurking around (The Lurking Horro of Fosboz). The puzzles were the same-ol same-ol. I had no problem downloading and no tech issues while playing. The HOG scenes were mosly trash piles of undescrible junk and frustraing. Jumping around the game was fun and talking to the people was good for the story. It was fun on Halloween Night to have bats and huge spiders drop down from the screne. Overall, not bad, but wish it wasn't a CE. Seems all games are CE's now and cost the most.

[Post New]by gilamonster on Nov 1, 11 10:19 AM
I do believe that all you people who are having a problem with downloading, probably need either a new PC, of an update. I downloaded in 5 minutes, and have had no problem otherwise. This also applies for other games as well, so I would suggest you stop blaming BF for your tech problems, and splurge a little for some new technology.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 3, 11 1:29 AM
I Loved the game, I will make sure this game will be on my wish list, This game is excellent in everything fishes..Thx BF and DEV's for all your outstanding hard work and time you put in this game,,

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Nov 6, 11 3:39 AM
gilamonster,you are wrong!this game downloaded at the normal speed with my mathusalem computer(7 years old)
when CE are out ,there is often a slowing speed of download for many,many people start to play all around the world!when fishes in US start their downloads at 12 pm,(on wst coast)it is here,in france 9 am and for all europa!so we are perhaps too much to download!

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Nov 6, 11 9:00 AM
I take it I'm one of the very few that didn't have trouble downloading. I enjoyed the game. A little bit of a different story and the creatures popping out at you did frighten me the first couple of times and then it got to where I knew when to expect something to come at me. When it comes out in a regular game I'll probably buy it. I had quite a bit of stuff in inventory too but then when you do need something it takes quite a bit out of the inventory too. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 7.5.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Nov 9, 11 12:45 AM
so i went into this game thinking 'well, here's one i probably won't like,' 'same ole, same ole,' etc, etc...

surprisingly, i really got sucked in... i mean, i'm not saying that there aren't plenty of motifs that we've seen time and time again, but it's actually different enough to make it interesting...

now, for all you folks that hate surprises and creepy crawlies of all varieties... this game is probably not for you... early on i had a rat jump up right in my face - and when you have the big screen... holy bejeezus, batman! reminded me of the rats behind the dining halls at BU... EEEK!

i was also surprised at the trickiness of the hidden object scenes... some things are pretty much right in plain sight, but you've got to look closely and be paying attention to actually find them... i figure if you're going to put hidden object scenes in a game, make them like this - make them as challenging as some mini-games have proven to be - then folks might not complain so much when they interrupt the adventure

and i will say that this game is adventure heavy - ie: bring a couple extra pairs of sneakers and maybe an extra pair of big girl panties just in case

the landscape is ragged and the graphics only go so far to meet it... it's not a 'pretty' kind of desolation, but it's not gobbed beyond recognition, either... the graphics are fair to good in what i have experienced so far - and i thought it was quite a bit until i received my first disc at three minutes and counting... now i'm thinking that this one's got some length to it

now the question comes down to: do i want to use my credits and purchase? or do i wait? not being able to browse the extras from the main menu kinda puts a damper on things but i suppose i could let others make that discovery for me... so it's off to scan the other reviews and decide if the extras are indeed worth the extra$

happy snake hunting

hezekia
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by hezekia on Nov 10, 11 1:35 AM
Most of the reviews exactly express my evaluation . The game is too repetitive, a bit monotonous and the "talking" to people breaks up the game.The game is just interesting enough to keep me playing for the whole hour--but not interesting enough to make me buy the CE. I will probably buy the SE.

shibas1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by shibas1 on Nov 11, 11 6:02 PM
I enjoyed this game, to me it had a great story line and you found yourself hopeing not only for the mother but for the little girl. Good game, easy to follow.

Edited on 11/11/2011 at 6:02:52 PM PST

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Nov 17, 11 7:25 PM
This just an ok game. Nothing very special about it and in my opinion, does not qualify as a CE. I do not mind paying the higher price for a quality game but this game is just so predictable. It is not a bad game, just nothing original.

arnold1049
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by arnold1049 on Nov 30, 11 8:48 AM
I am pretty new to internet games, so maybe I'm easily impressed. I like this game and purchased it after the free trial.

The trouble I have with some games is knowing where to go for the next action without having to buy a strategy guide or go to a blog walk-through, which is time consuming and breaks the momentum of the game. I hate hints that say something like "nothing left to do here; need to explore elsewhere", but never tell you where that "elsewhere" is. In this game, the hints told you where to go next: old man's street, garage, etc., which I found very helpful. And that's why I like BF's free trials; if I find it hard to navigate the game, then I don't buy it. I also like hints that tell you what you are trying to do with a puzzle, which maybe goes back to my lack of experience. I can look at some puzzles and have no idea what I'm supposed to try to do to solve it.

I'm not sure the ending actually fit in with the story line, but would probably have to play it again in case I missed something along the way.

All in all, a satisfactory experience for the money.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Dec 9, 11 5:22 PM
I considered this to be a good game; not a great game. I couldn't stand the music; turned if off. I don't feel that the "extra" game play was worth the CE cost. I wish I had waited for the SE.

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on Dec 25, 11 8:26 PM
As someone from NM I don't see why they put it in NM. The city is any city USA didn't see anything that suggested the city was NM. Okay so the other part of town looked actually ghost town AZ. I was hoping for something that felt like my home state not a hodgepodge. So an Aztecish story line. Still not NM really. Would have been more fun and iconic to do Roswell.

I don't think this one is for me.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Dec 31, 11 11:22 PM
OMG!! AAACCCKKKK!!!!

This is MADDENING.

I have read all the reviews through Page 3 and I have YET to read a true review of this game by someone who has actually PLAYED THE ENTIRE GAME.

BFG, I have been preaching for a year now, THIS REVIEW SYSTEM IS BROKEN - PLEASE REWORK IT.

We have pages and pages of people complaining about technical problems, and then all the rest are of people who have played only the DEMO.

I'm not going to waste my time reading any more pages of these reviews.

BFG, you have GOT to change how you do these reviews.

It's ok to have a review folder for people who have played only the demo, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE you simply MUST include a folder in every game for reviews from people who have actually COMPLETED THE GAME.

THOSE are the only reviews that can possibly be informed and knowledgeable, and they are the only reviews on which I base my purchasing decision. And I'm not alone in this.

How difficult could it possibly be to simply include one more folder?

I ask you respectfully to please make this change. This is SO frustrating and it's beginning to be a deal-breaker for me. I've been with you guys for many, many years, but with so many games now, it's getting more difficult to find quality reviews so I can make a purchasing decision.

The result? I just don't buy anything.

Please, BFG, make this improvement quickly. Thanks.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Feb 11, 12 6:10 PM
This was a good game. The scenery was a bit on the depressing side, but the game had smooth game play with good adventure elements. It seemed to be mostly adventure/inventory and hidden object scenes, with a few puzzles here and there. I did like the story in the main game - while it was not too complex, it was revealed slowly in a way that kept my interest. The bonus game less so, but it was still a decent length and designed in the same manner as the main game, giving a different point of view.

The setting for this game was a bit different (from the darker ones which I love) but it is nice to have a change of scenery, which this game provided. The usual downside was no widescreen and also no voices, which would have definitely added to the atmosphere.

Overall, I did like the game and really thought it was well designed. I would certainly play another from this developer!

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Mar 30, 12 7:08 AM

I've been playing this game for over 3 hours and am enjoying it. Gameplay, story line, well hidden items, length of game, etc.

But I very much dislike the scene in the store owner's office depicting an owl flying into the window glass, letting out a squawk, and then falling (supposedly injured or stunned) out of sight. This happened every time the office was entered.

I was an avid bird photographer for a number of years. Please developers, leave what I consider to be animal cruelty out of your future games!

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Oct 6, 12 1:35 PM
Lady_Cav wrote:
I've been playing this game for over 3 hours and am enjoying it. Gameplay, story line, well hidden items, length of game, etc.

But I very much dislike the scene in the store owner's office depicting an owl flying into the window glass, letting out a squawk, and then falling (supposedly injured or stunned) out of sight. This happened every time the office was entered.

I was an avid bird photographer for a number of years. Please developers, leave what I consider to be animal cruelty out of your future games!

I realize that this post is an older one, but I found it so humorous that I couldn't resist commenting on it.

First, you should know that this is coming from a devoted animal lover and ASPCA volunteer. Also, you should know that I mean no disrespect to the author.

But, I have to chuckle at the previous author requesting that developers leave "...leave what (she considers) to be animal cruelty out of ... future games!"

Now, how would that work? Would the author deliver to each current and potential developer an exhaustive list of what she considers animal cruelty? Or, before developers submit a game to Big Fish Games, would they send the game to her for her approval of any use of a cartoon animal? Or, would it be better for the developers to go ahead and submit their games to BFG, and then BFG run those games by her for her approval of any use of a cartoon animal?

Of course, there is always the option of all current and potential developers to simply read her mind to know what she thinks of their use of an animal likeness.

Sure, I know what she meant. But, I'm not sure she realized what she actually asked of developers in trying to express what she meant.

As I said, I mean no disrespect; actually, I applaud anyone who stands up for animal rights, the previous author included. But, I also have a keen sense of humor, and I had to chuckle when I read that post.

Happy gaming to all my brother and sister fishies, and especially to this impassioned author who is standing up for animal rights everywhere. Keep the fire burning!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Nov 3, 12 9:59 AM
we found this game to be delightful and fun, we recommend this game to all HOS lovers.--------doug & lisa

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Aug 5, 13 8:53 PM
For the most part, I really liked this game. The story was interesting to me, the puzzles were challenging enough, it was a decent length, and the graphics were good.

The hidden object pages were really hard...I don't usually use the hint button, but I just couldn't find some of the items no matter how long I took. The hidden object pages were good,too,because the objects were not a bunch of junk piled up,but things that would be relevant to the area.

I also hated not being able to turn the sparkle option off or not being able to pick a level of hard or easy. As far as voice-overs, I always play with the sound off anyway (so my family will have peace and quiet when I play!) so that doesn't affect me one way or another. I also wish there would have been a map, but I found my way around pretty well after a while.

I give this one a 6 out of 10.

kmills1944
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by kmills1944 on Aug 21, 14 12:26 PM
I HAD NO PROBLEM D/L IT,NO PROBLEMS WITH THE GRAPHICS OR ANYTHING IT WORKED JUST FINE ALL THE WAY THRU.I DON'T KNOW HOW SOME PEOPLE CAN HAVE SO MUCH PROBLEMS AND OTHERS NOT.BUT I HAD NO PROBLEM.THE ONLY THING I DIDN'T LIKE WAS THE ENDING IT WAS STUPID!!!!!!

Go to: