pinkorbit
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Your Reveiws for Weird Park: Broken Tun Collector's Edition

[Post New]by pinkorbit on Nov 24, 11 7:16 AM
bratzgram wrote:I'm sorry. I may be in the minority on this one but I can't see why it's a CE.

It's extremely easy. At first I thought it was going to be great. They mix up the hidden object scenes with fragmented. Still far to easy. Never had to use the hint button.

Even the mini games were way to simple.

When you need and item to work with guess what? It's in the hidden object scene right next to you!! Who would have guessed?

I'm not saying this isn't a fun game to play. I may get it as a SE but I just don't think it's CE worthy. It feels a lot like Dreamland to me.

I'll be in the minority with you

pretty graphics; the clown didn't bother me, didn't look particularly menacing or anything

this is nitpicky, I know, but all the **** scenes seemed to use the same 100 or so objects. It's efficient for the developer, but it's boring for the player. Seeing the same objects scene to scene kind of quells the fantasy bit, I guess. Also, as was noted, objects that you use reappear in the scenes. Again, efficient (or lazy) programming that just kind of breaks the illusion...

nice variation in the minigames; not too terribly hard...I skipped two, mostly because I just wanted to finish the game, lol

The **** scenes have the shortest, craziest, hint sparkle thingy ever. Now, if you use the hint feature in the 'world' so to speak, there's a nicer, more traditional kind of directional sparkle. This was good, because for some reason I kept getting 2 or 3 locations mixed up, lol.

the ending. i 'll admit, I've been away from IHOGs for awhile, but the ending should be worth the time put in game play, right? I didn't play the bonus bit because I was too disappointed by the ending. Tiny bit of buildup gets you thinking it's going to be big, then, just click, then bam, there's the credits. I have played Nancy Drew games with more exciting endings

my 2 cents: I'm also playing the newest Echoes of Time, and so far, I like that one much, much better.

bmn5772
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:Your Reviews for Weird Park: Broken Tun Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bmn5772 on Nov 30, 11 8:55 AM
Love this game! Thanks!

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Dec 5, 11 7:40 PM
Well, this game was way too easy for a collectors edition, for me, I like the graphics the story line was OK, the only reason I bought it is because it reminded me of the puppet show series, but, oh boy, I was mistaken.

Like the game but it was not challenging enough.

Edited on 12/05/2011 at 7:49:49 PM PST

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Dec 22, 11 5:36 PM
OMG! The developer ought to be ashamed to present this mess as a CE. The graphics were average, the gameplay very iffy. No buy for this fish.

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Dec 25, 11 2:47 PM
Although other people have had access to the Strategy Guide during the demo, it tells me it is not available until after purchase. Well, then. Sorry I won't get to see it. The game looked as if it had promise, but if I'm stuck that quick, I need to see if the SG is going to help!

jill165x
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

Re:Your Reviews for Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Edition

[Post New]by jill165x on Jan 10, 12 6:19 PM
Pros:
*I liked the story and it kept me interested.
*The graphics were nice and the locations interesting.
*The navigation between areas was easy.
*The puzzles were fun. Some were really easy, but none were impossibly hard.
*Quick transition between scenes.
*The game was fairly long, and the bonus chapter was very long compared to other CE games. I put 6 hours into the game, but I'm a fast player.

Cons:
*I'm pretty sure that the 'voiceover' was computerized text-to-speech. The male voice sounded very much like my Kindle.
*The hint was hit-or-miss in the **** scenes. The indicator did not always appear.
*A couple of the items in the **** lists were misspelled.
*I didn't care for the strategy guide format and having to look for the relevant screen shot before

Other notes - the full screen had black bars on the side and there was no option for difficulty. I don't personally care about those things, but I know others do. The bonus content is art renderings.

Taken as a whole, I enjoyed playing this game. It felt like it was rushed to release though, and it wasn't quite worthy of being a CE.

Edited on 01/10/2012 at 6:20:52 PM PST

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Jan 12, 12 7:38 AM
This was a very good game, although not as challenging or complex as some other CEs out there.

I thought the overall atmosphere of the game was wonderful, with beautiful, colorful and creative graphics. The game play was smooth with good adventure elements and a mild level of challenge concerning the inventory items and a few puzzles. Also, the main game and bonus section were a good length. The story was not deeply developed, but was still entertaining. I really loved the haunted amusement park setting - (Dreamland remains my favorite, however, in terms of game design and challenge).

While I thought this game was really fun for the most part, I did not care for many of the puzzles - there were too many tile-rotating type puzzles (which I typically dislike). Also, while the hidden object scenes were enjoyable, they were overly easy and repeated up to three times in many cases. I was disappointed there were no wallpapers, since the artwork was so well done.

Overall, in spite of a few downsides mentioned above, I really enjoyed this game and would love to see more like it!

blujeens
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by blujeens on Feb 24, 12 6:42 PM
Ok, here's my review for Weird Park: Broken Tune CE:

Options: Offered were Music, Sound, Full Screen, Custom Cursor. There were no game modes offered which meant having sparkles, whether you like them or not.

Graphics: Graphics were just ok for me. They weren't bad - just not as great as some of the rest. Not a lot of detail, little movement, very few cutscenes.

Voices/Sounds/Music: I don't remember much for voices, sounds were almost non-exsistant, but the music was fine. I was very disappointed to see that the music could not be downloaded in the CE which is one reason why I buy the more expensive games.

Minis/HOGs: The minigames were so easy that I never once looked at the SG. In fact, I almost forgot to even see what the SG looked liked before I quit out the game for the final time! Had to back-track and look at it. The HOGs were quite a few, but you went back to the same junk piles 2 and 3 times.

Game Overall: You're going to need an extra pair of sneakers for this one. I know the reason why most of the game seemed long was from all the running to and fro. There was nothing for interaction, movements were predictable, and I couldn't really get into any of the characters or their stories. I'm sorry to say that I am one of the few fishes in this pond that didn't get a whole lot of enjoyment from this one. The bonus was probably the best part of the game, partly cuz it had new scenes & puzzles and partly cuz it was actually quite long to play (about 1 1/2 hours for me), but you definitely didn't need it to have a proper ending. Other than the bonus game, the only other extra were the sketches. For me, I would have been better off with the SE. I wish I could have enjoyed it more.

Recommendation: Not a bad game, so if you don't mind a lot of running around, dipping into the same HOG pile over & over, and want a game that's relaxing and not taxing on the brain, this one's for you.

Out of 5 stars, I give this one

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Feb 27, 12 7:36 AM
I think I must have bought and played this game so long ago, before I took to writing reviews, because I haven't posted one here, and I just have to.

I played this game again for the 2nd time today and was blown away. It is such an intricately and beautifully designed game, honed to perfection.

I give these devs 11/10 for this work of art.

Guys, you're stars.

[Post New]by NordicBeauty37 on Mar 12, 12 11:34 AM
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED this game ! This is the type of HOG that I would like to see more of...maybe a part two or even a sequel would be nice. I was fascinated by the Graphics, the Storyline, and the total layout of this game was just AMAZING.
The HOS were fun and thought provoking...Plus I was able to solve them without getting some help from the "HINT" button or looking at a walkthrough.

This game really stands out and gets a 100% This game kept me up at night and I found myself driving home from work faster than usual just so I could get home and start playing this game where I left off the night before. Yes, it gives you that much excitement ! I had no technical issues or any problems with this game. It had such BEAUTIFUL graphics and it was fun to play !

I would DEFINITELY purchase this game if it had a part two or a sequel. This game was worth every penny I paid for it! I was quite pleased...and would like to see more games similar to this when purchasing or playing HOG ! All in all, this game is in my Top 10 best HOG ! If You haven't purchased it yet and your reading these reviews before you buy it...Trust Me...this game IS worth it and you will be happy that you bought it !

skicroghan
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by skicroghan on Nov 29, 12 10:46 PM
I bought this game after trying the trial hour but wish I had waited for the SE as the guide was very little help altho I did have the bonus chapter on mine, It is entitled Airship, unless there was more that I missed. (Will go back and check it out.). I did not use the guide eough to be worth the extra money. I did enjoy the game overall but don't depend on the hint button in HOS as it is so fast and so small I could not catch where it was once .It was helpful if ou could not figure out where to go next. I did miss the voice over. I never skip dialouge, or stor lines, I think that is half the fun.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Apr 20, 13 12:51 PM
Although I've owned the CE of this game for quite a while, I just now got around to playing it through. LOVED IT!! I consider myself a gamer with intermediate skill and the difficulty level was just right for me. Loved the abandoned theme park setting and the graphics.

My one small negative opinion is that I felt the game was skimpy with it's "extras". The only extra I was able to find (besides the bonus chapter) was a set of concept art pictures. Each picture had one or two progressive photos, taking the pictured item or items from the original sketch to the finished game-ready graphics. They were very nice, but some of my other CE's have more to offer in the extras category. HOWEVER, unless your main pleasure from a CE is a wide array of extras, don't let this keep you from purchasing this great game.

I felt the game had good length and the Bonus Chapter also seemed lengthy enough to be satisfying. It had a lot of HO scenes, but not to the point of spoiling the fun of the game for me. There were plenty of mini games sprinkled through it, as well, which added to my pleasure. I enjoyed it from beginning to end and I highly recommend it!

THANKS, developers!!! THANKS, Big Fish!!!

Classicaljazz

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on May 4, 13 2:32 PM
This game is the final one in the series of those who refused to cooperate with me as it started with an access violation. A complete reinstall of the graphics driver solved that.

This game is about a theme park that I wouldn't want to visit. For once, it only has 5 attractions (Ferris Wheel, Roller Coaster, Shooting Range, Ancient Site with Fortune Teller, Carousel) and three vendors. Other than that it's closed and a murderous clown is on the loose, in addition to (apparently) a Norse God. Then again, as German fantasy aficionados who read Tommy Krappweis' "Mara" trilogy learned, said God isn't that bad a guy, if you know how to handle him...

The Good:

+ decent game length
+ graphics and videos not too bad
+ varied mini puzzles
+ regular HO and FROG scenes (two - items are not put back into the latter scenes)

The Neutral:

o a bucket is named "backet" in one HO scene
o items are put back into traditional HO scenes

The Bad:

- thick black bars to the left and right are a no-go for a CE in my opinion
- due to the lack of locations most HO scenes are repeated ad nauseam
- once you are in the other dimension you are flooded with items
- scare factor is absolute zero (unless you are afraid of clowns)

Bonus Content:

The bonus chapter, while of a decent length, is open ended and has no real story. The walkthrough is one of those useless "Finish the mini game" ones. Dear developers, it would have been nice if you told us HOW. (I had to skip a puzzle because of that. And I hate skipping puzzles.) The only other content is artwork.

Bottom Line: If you are desperate for a Theme Park horror game then play Dreamland, the far superior game. If it has to be this one, get the regular edition, as the bonus content could best be describes as chutzpah.

Go to: