valeriepres
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

Re:Reviews for Red Crow Mysteries: Legion

[Post New]by valeriepres on Nov 13, 11 1:17 AM
Nilosh wrote:
adrienne1 wrote:
Nilosh wrote:Looks like I'm the first one here.....Downloading it as I write and looking forward to spending the MANY club credits that I still have on hand. I still think we should be able to spend them on CEs as there is not much else to buy. Interesting storyline and will be back for review. Cheers everyone

I thought 2 club credits could be used to buy a CE. I may be wrong but it may be worth checking on this

Sorry I meant punch card rewards of which I have many LOL

I asked Big Fish if they would consider us fishes using 2 punch card rewards to buy each of the CE games. I am in the same position as you. I have many punch card rewards but find it hard nowadays to use them because the best games to buy are the CE's where you have extra game plays and the built in strategy guides!!

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Nov 13, 11 1:13 PM
ivanbral wrote:Hi everyone,

it's fantastic to see so many comments and suggestions!
A game Diary is a good idea. We'll try to have one in our next game!
I'm really glad that most of you like the game. But, also, thanks to those who don't like it - I appreciate to hear criticism and pay more attention to some detail in our next game.
It's good that you like puzzles (minigames): we wanted to have them from easy to really hard.
btw. We enjoyed recording voice-overs for Legion and Mother. We think that both actors did a great job!

Now THAT really was a game worth paying for and playing. Great to see you here and it is very much appreciated.
I love these games with more adventure even though they make me feel as thick as a brick sometimes when the old grey matter sighs and goes into hibernation.
Really looking forward to a sequel and if you could integrate a Diary into the next one it would be brilliant and an immediate buy for me.

[Post New]by babybells1 on Nov 13, 11 8:34 PM
WELL GRAPIC OK LITTLE DARK TOWARDS THE END BUT THE ENDING WAS AWFUL I NEVER COULD SEE THE TEST AND ACCORDING TO THE ADVENTURE SHE WAS TOLD BY HER MOTHER LETTER THAT SHE WOULD GO THROUGH A HARD TEST WITH LEGION I INJOYED THE GAME I FOUND IT NOT HARD BUT THE ENDING I WAS SO LET DOWN ALL SHE DID IN THIS GAME WAS WAKE UP FROM A BAD DREAM THE WE START A SUPPOSELY TEST BUT REALY WHERE WAS THE TEST? NOT ALL SHE HAD TO DO WAS CONTACT THE DEAD HER MOTHER AND GRANDPA THIS WAS MORE OF AN ADVENTURE TO FIND THE DEAD CAUSE SHE MET LEGION ONCE BUT WAS ALREADY WARNED BY HER MOTHER ABOUT IN A LETTER THEN AT GRANDPA GRAVE HE BASICLY SAID THE SAME EXCEPT SHE WAS TO SAVE MANKIND JUST LIKE HER MOTHER LETTER I DO NOT KNOW WILL THERE BE A SECOND PART BUT THE ENDING THERE REALY WAS NOT ONE. SO LET ME KNOW IF THERE WILL BE A PART TWO.THANKS AND EVERYBODY HAVE A GREAT DAY AT THE POND. :-)

[Post New]by Ashleaves on Nov 14, 11 12:49 PM
Really enjoyed this game. Only needed to look at the walkthrough twice for help. The ending really made me want more! I dont like not being able to finish up with the bad guy.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Nov 15, 11 10:39 AM
World's most frustrating game. Question..why are the close-up scenes so blurry and the rest clear? My eyes are killing me. The HINT button is useless as far as I am concerned, takes a long time to load and then tells you nada. Keeps pointing you toward areas that are complete and when clicked again, tells you there is nothing to do there...so I am stuck trying to figure out how to get the magnetic card out from under the door with a glass, rope, piece of broken glass and a hook...none of which work. Had to figure out you can combine some items. What a grind. And with that flip flop "find" and "inventory tab", well that is really confusing. Arrrrrgh. Going to try one more time then into the trash it goes!

Good grief....finally finished this dumb game! Problem with getting the items to "attach" to each other...after multiple clickings...things went together and I was able to complete the game......what a waste of money!

Edited on 11/15/2011 at 11:01:01 AM PST

kspes
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by kspes on Nov 15, 11 12:56 PM
bessiegirl wrote:Problem with getting the items to "attach" to each other...after multiple clickings...things went together and I was able to complete the game......what a waste of money!

Item combinations are explained in the tutorial btw
plus there's a little plus sign visible every time you hover your mouse with an attached item over another item.
---
Krešimir Špes
Cateia Games

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Nov 15, 11 1:41 PM
Thanks for a great Adventure game. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have to play it again as I didn't get all 21 Roses. I did have to check the walkthrough a few times, but that's okay with me as I'm new to gaming, so I don't have much experience. I do wish the Hint would have given me a better clue. I'm glad Ivan listed his other games, as I'm so pleased with this one, that I want to check out his other games on . Good game.

[Post New]by eggfooyung on Nov 19, 11 9:59 AM
downloaded the demo, played for about 20 min. uninstalled. Story line is very weak and the navigation is really clunky. Not a good game play.

downloaded the demo, played for about 20 min. uninstalled. Story line is very weak and the navigation is really clunky. Not a good game play.

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Nov 21, 11 7:34 AM
Not a buy for me. The graphics are dark...which I absolutely hate. A hint from the interactive help stayed with me the entire time I played...even after I completed that puzzle. Not a fun one for me.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Nov 22, 11 5:15 AM
No buy for me, interactive hint never shut off, game sequence was hard to follow, items were blurry and hard to see.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Nov 22, 11 11:39 AM
Hi
IVAN how do we get rid of that interactive hint banner that has stayed with me since I FOUND THE FLOWERS... this game may be great but until that " thing" in top left corner is gone I cannot continue !! HELP...

peony99
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by peony99 on Nov 22, 11 3:07 PM
I would LOVE to be in the position of having all that trouble painting the lions that so many people are talking about. I'm still trying to get the blue button - after 2 uninstalls/reinstalls and 4 different profiles. I know others are having the same problem and I wonder if it is being "fixed" as well. BFG has offered me a coupon code to get another game, but I really want to play this one. If only I knew what the trigger is for the blue button (other than solving the numbers puzzle on the stone at the gazebo) I could make sure I hit it. However I have followed the WT step by step for the last 2 attempts with the same sad result. Anyone got any hints I could use? Thanks.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Dec 12, 11 9:16 PM
AMAZING GAME!!! I absolutely cannot wait for the sequel!! As I played in adventure mode, didn't use a walk through, and the hint button was useless, it was a VERY long play game for me. I had zero technical difficulties and will definitely play this one again. I REALLY liked that this one made me THINK!!.... no "What the heck.. I'll just take a peek at the SG"... Great job, developers!! Thanks BF!!

blujeens
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by blujeens on Dec 15, 11 5:27 PM
OK, here's my review of Red Crow Mysteries: Legion:

Graphics: These graphics were a little darker and a bit grainier (is that a word?) than some of the newer games, but it's a style, not a mistake. It gives a different "flavor" to the game. I liked it.

Voices/Sounds: In Settings, you have the choice of Master, Music, Voice & Effects. The voice-overs were good - a little longer in the conversation than what I used to, but not overly done. The sound effects seemed a little short - would have liked to hear more of something - wind, rain, creaking, something...

Music: The music wasn't special, but it was appropriate for the game.

Minis/HOGs: IMO, this was more of an Adventure game than a HOG. A handful of items to be found were scattered around the whole room and not difficult to locate. The minis varied from easy to quite challenging! I hate to admit it, but there was a time or two when I needed a little help! The settings were easy, casual and adventure - I chose casual - and it still took me over 5 to 6 hours to play. I liked finding the roses!

Game Overall: I really liked this game from Cateia, but I think it should have been placed in the Adventure games section instead of the HOGS. Although I don't like speaking for anyone but myself, there may have been less fishes who disliked this game if they knew ahead of time that it wasn't a true HOG. I'm a lover of adventure games so I was quite pleased with this game, but I've got to admit that I would have rather seen a little more conclusion to the ending. Must be there's a sequel out there?? My one real suggestion to the devs would be to have a notebook or a book of past discoveries in the lower corner of the game to help remember or review past scenes. Maybe I'm just getting old and I need more help than I used to! LOL

Recommendation: If you're a true HOG lover, this probably won't be your favorite game, but if you love the style of adventure games, then I think you're going to like this one - I know I did. I would certainly play this game again, but I hope that a sequel comes out soon.

Out of 5 stars, I would give this

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 9, 12 5:43 AM
This game had a nice tittle, I bought it after playing the demo, but soon enough as the game develops I got lost in the plot, it is an adventure game with HOS, but it can be very frustrating at time, when I get to frustrated and have to use hints too much I lost interest in the game.

stellmac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by stellmac on Nov 3, 12 4:42 AM
Thought this was a great game. Interesting on the "adventure" side and some original mini puzzles. Bought the game and played it in the same day - unusual for me as I most often try a game, buy it but leave till later to finish because I already have a number of games in progress. Ending leaves room for a sequel which I hope we get.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Nov 4, 12 2:53 PM
This is the most depressing game I have ever played. The hints are almost no help at all outside of the HOS. I know I need to find a light bulb. I know I need to melt the ice in the freezer so putting sparkles there doesn't help me at all.

I keep having to refer to the WT and I don't like that. For the last day I've been wandering around and not accomplishing anything and not even really caring if I do. The graphics are depressing. The houses are depressing (who would ever want to live in houses like those?). It's a plethora of tiny tasks with a lot of work involved to complete them. If there is a door it's locked. If there is a light it will not work. If there is something in the freezer it will be frozen solid.

To be honest, I don't care anymore. I regret buying this game. I hoped it would improve after the demo but it's just gotten worse. The story seemed to be great but it has deteriorated into just looking for items and fixing things.

I love creepy, scary games. I wanted so much to like this game and I looked forward to playing it. Now I can't wait to get it over with because it's boring and depressing.

A good hint system would have made all the difference. Hints that don't help aren't really hints.

Addendum: I have finished the game. The creepy, scary parts never came nor did the satisfaction of having accomplished something.

One of the HOS is beyond hazy - it is purposely blurry. Several attempts needed to be made to pick up items from my Inventory. There was no end of frustration with that. Even after using the WT I could not get certain items to work because they were not placed exactly where they needed to be (which was surprising because one ended up being quite a distance from where it should have been).Often I saw a message telling me I could not use the item there - after I had used it successfully. Numerous areas could be accessed only with a flashlight, etc. This was very hard on my eyes and really not necessary.

I had to rely far too much on the WT and on the hints during the HOS. As I already stated, outside of the HOS the hints were pretty much worthless.

This game is a dud. I did not enjoy playing it at all and I do not recommend it to others. I will not purchase games from these devs in the future.

I am very, very disappointed.

Final rating: a very generous two out of five kitties:

Edited on 11/04/2012 at 4:44:21 PM PST

netizen
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by netizen on Nov 5, 12 2:26 AM
I really enjoyed this game. Not too difficult, not too hard. Not a really long game, but enjoyable.
Glad there weren't H.O. scenes, too (getting bored with those) - although in some places you did have a few things to find.

I bought during the demo as I was hooked. A nice game. Looking forward to the sequel.

Go to: