Re:Post any The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by humboldt21 on Nov 29, 11 10:35 AM
This game crashed on me as well. I can't get it to restart. I have sent an email to BF

Re:Post any The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bootsie123 on Nov 29, 11 4:52 PM
Yes, it took a long , long time. Now I can't get the thing out of the fireplace. anybody knows what to do.
yj

beejay71
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by beejay71 on Dec 5, 11 6:35 AM
I played the game very well yesterday. Today, I tried to play and the game crashed after I clicked on play. i tried reinstalling and it still crashes. What gives?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Dec 5, 11 12:35 PM
bootsie123 wrote:Yes, it took a long , long time. Now I can't get the thing out of the fireplace. anybody knows what to do.
yj

Is the fireplace thing an error or are you just not sure what to do?

Assuming that you just need a hint on how to get the item in the fireplace, you need to find something that you can safely stick into the fire to get the object, then you'll need to cool the object down, so it's safe to pick up.

boomer1955
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by boomer1955 on Dec 6, 11 11:49 AM
I need help with this game, it freezes up just when I supposed to play. I downloaded it twice but that didn't help. I had first an error come up but I went to the doctor and it went away but now I can not do anything to make the game unfreeze. I went to the Help and wrote to you three different times but never could get it to go through.
I don't know if its my computer or the game but I have bought a lot of games from you and am able to play them alright. I hate to ask for my money back but it I can't play the game then I will have to ask for a refund. Thanks for your help!

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 8, 11 6:55 PM
Mac players are reporting a glitch in the lock pick puzzle. Correct placement of the teeth does not open the lock. I was able to create a new player, play through to that point on the same difficulty level as in my first profile (medium), repeat the same teeth placement and have the lock open, But, that should not be necessary -- there is an issue with the performance.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Dec 9, 11 8:59 PM
shorenuf wrote:Mac players are reporting a glitch in the lock pick puzzle. Correct placement of the teeth does not open the lock. I was able to create a new player, play through to that point on the same difficulty level as in my first profile (medium), repeat the same teeth placement and have the lock open, But, that should not be necessary -- there is an issue with the performance.

Backing all the way out of the game to desktop and going back into the game got the lock to finally open for me. (I was playing in advanced mode, or whatever the call the "hardest" one in this game.)

Another glitch I came across - I picked up the fridge handle too soon and the game would not let me put it down and I couldn't exit the scene I was in. I was able to exit the game to the menu screen. Going back into the game took care of that issue.

But we shouldn't have to keep backing out of the game to get things to work correctly.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Dec 9, 11 8:59 PM
shorenuf wrote:Mac players are reporting a glitch in the lock pick puzzle. Correct placement of the teeth does not open the lock. I was able to create a new player, play through to that point on the same difficulty level as in my first profile (medium), repeat the same teeth placement and have the lock open, But, that should not be necessary -- there is an issue with the performance.

Backing all the way out of the game to desktop and going back into the game got the lock to finally open for me. (I was playing in advanced mode, or whatever they call the "hardest" one in this game.)

Another glitch I came across - I picked up the fridge handle too soon and the game would not let me put it down and I couldn't exit the scene I was in. I was able to exit the game to the menu screen. Going back into the game took care of that issue.

But we shouldn't have to keep backing out of the game to get things to work correctly.

marthayuca
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by marthayuca on Dec 12, 11 2:56 AM
I am having the same VIOLATION problem. How do I get a refund?

Maneki13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Maneki13 on Dec 13, 11 3:28 PM

I've come to the same problem with the lock but have not created a new player. Is that the only way to get around the problem till the technical side has been fixed?

This is the first game I've brought that I've had problems with and it's a collectors edition...I hope the developers will sort this out asap otherwise I'll feel I'd wasted money on something I cannot fully enjoy.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Dec 13, 11 3:48 PM
Maneki13 wrote:

I've come to the same problem with the lock but have not created a new player. Is that the only way to get around the problem till the technical side has been fixed?

This is the first game I've brought that I've had problems with and it's a collectors edition...I hope the developers will sort this out asap otherwise I'll feel I'd wasted money on something I cannot fully enjoy.

First, make sure you have the solution correct. I remember for this puzzle I was certain I was right, but it wouldn't take. Then I swapped the middle two pieces and it worked.

If that's not it, try this:

I don't know if this will help you any, but in other games when I've encountered this type of glitch, I've backed out of the puzzle after I've solved it and gotten no results. Then I go back into the puzzle and sometimes that makes the solution "click". If not, then swap a couple of pieces and put them back where they should go, back out of the puzzle, and quit the game. Then close the game manager and reboot your PC or Mac. Boot up again and try the game again. I can't promise it'll work, but that's done it for me in several games.

Edited on 12/13/2011 at 3:58:26 PM PST

[Post New]by MaatAset on Dec 14, 11 11:28 AM
I too had a problem with the lock pick puzzle. I was playing in hardcore mode, so I couldn't just skip the puzzle. Quitting Game Manager and reopening the game worked, thank you.

Any other Mac users having issues with right click? I was trying to solve the puzzle on the secret society door with the rose and the sword and no matter what I do, I can't get right-click to work. I hold down control and click, (I even tried other combos.. command + click, option + click, shift + click) then I tried change the trackpad on my macbook so that two finger-click would give me a secondary click and that didn't work either.

I was just curious to know if I am the only Mac user with this issue.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Dec 15, 11 9:14 AM
Can't play, it keep giving me an error of - oX05C7000 trying to read 0XFFFFFFF
Help!

boomer1955
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by boomer1955 on Dec 17, 11 10:48 AM
boomer1955 wrote:I need help with this game, it freezes up just when I supposed to play. I downloaded it twice but that didn't help. I had first an error come up but I went to the doctor and it went away but now I can not do anything to make the game unfreeze. I went to the Help and wrote to you three different times but never could get it to go through.
I don't know if its my computer or the game but I have bought a lot of games from you and am able to play them alright. I hate to ask for my money back but it I can't play the game then I will have to ask for a refund. Thanks for your help!

[Post New]by _junie on Dec 28, 11 9:04 AM
Have waited patiently for a fix for all problems stated to date. This is the 2nd CE we have purchased at sale price of $6.99 with same problems.Please fix!!!!! We want this game and really don't want to have to ask for a refund!!!

franroe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re: charged for Shaolin mystery Revenge of the Terracotta Warriors dont want to buy it.

[Post New]by franroe on Dec 31, 11 12:07 PM
was charged for Shaolin mystery Revenge of the Terracotta Warriors
dont want to buy it.

would like my money credited to my account please
thanks
franroe
(removed by moderator)

this happened today when I was trying to purchase a different game.

Edited on 02/28/2012 at 11:46:23 AM PST

lros
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by lros on Jan 7, 12 3:07 PM
I have been playing the game for a couple of days now and everything was fine. But now I tried to open it and I am getting as far as when the game should start and it is saying Error: Acess Violation at 0x070087A3. Why is this happening? What can I do? This game took way too long to download so I am not deleting and doing that again. It really took a couple of hours to download.

Please help!

lros
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by lros on Jan 7, 12 3:09 PM
I have been playing the game for a couple of days now and everything was fine. But now I tried to open it and I am getting as far as when the game should start and it is saying Error: Acess Violation at 0x070087A3. Why is this happening? What can I do? This game took way too long to download so I am not deleting and doing that again. It really took a couple of hours to download.

Please help!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 30, 12 10:54 PM
My whole laptop shuts down periodically when playing this game. It does open up in the right place but it is annoying. And it's the first game that when I click on a screen to go into another area the whole screen goes black for a few seconds.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Feb 1, 12 10:25 AM
gingergal wrote:My whole laptop shuts down periodically when playing this game. It does open up in the right place but it is annoying. And it's the first game that when I click on a screen to go into another area the whole screen goes black for a few seconds.

First, try uninstalling the game, rebooting and then reinstalling the game. If that doesn't do it, try updating Windows, Flash Player, Shockwave, your graphics card, and DirectX. It sounds like a graphics issue or a RAM issue. If it's RAM, you simply may not have enough to run the game smoothly. If you e-mail BFG customer support, they can help you find the issue and correct it. They can also help you do the updates I mentioned.

Go to: