edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Reviews for Azada: In Libro Collector's Edition

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Nov 18, 11 11:28 AM
it is a good adventure game,with high quality graphics,pleasant music;it is an ERS game and the atmosphere tipycally ERS is here!i have not done comparison with the first 2 games because this one is made by differents devs;i think they have very well done their job but just with their own touch!the bonus level is too short but it ends well the story!
if i have a complain ,it is that this game is on easy and short side,but it is a good and well done game

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Nov 18, 11 12:42 PM
Speaking about Azada: Ancient Magic . It's on sale for $2.99 ( BFG's Facebook promotion )

homasina
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by homasina on Nov 18, 11 1:16 PM
I, too, have other Azadas and loved them. Can't say the same for this one. Way too short - even the extra play only took me 20 minutes (others could probably do it faster!). And, even being a less-than-expert player, the puzzles were very easy for me!

Very very disappointed. They were riding on their good name from the other 2.

I do not recommend this game - am sorry I wasted the money.

Edited on 11/18/2011 at 1:19:26 PM PST

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Nov 18, 11 1:50 PM
I'm loving this game. I've been playing for hours and don't think I'm even halfway through. This is exactly the type of game I enjoy most. I buy HOGS but the HOG searches are my least favorite part of the games. The gameplay in this game is perfect for me. Look for interesting areas and figure out what to do when you find them. It's not too hard but hard enough to keep my old brain active and alert. Thanks Big Fish and ERS for bringing this game to us.

Areal
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Areal on Nov 18, 11 3:40 PM
I have the two Azadas. Loved the first one and liked the second, but after playing the demo, this one seems to me a plain adventure game with some puzzles. I like it and think it's worth, but certainly not for a CE edition.

[Post New]by Linda_in_Aussie on Nov 18, 11 3:41 PM
I'm really disappointed with this version of Azada.

I love puzzle games like the first 2 Azada games. I have credits so was really excited to use them for this CE version. After playing this one, it's nothing like the first 2. Major disappointment. So far only 1 puzzle - the chain link.

Spent most of the time moseying about collecting this, collecting that and then collecting MORE items for the inventory. Meanwhile I'm becoming a little confused ...so I go to the strategy guide to give me the clues I need where to navigate to next... and hoping to get my "puzzle fix".

So it's obviously an Adventure genre ... not a Puzzle Game as the first two that were so unique and fun!

For Adventure Game lovers for me who loves Puzzle Games

Does it get any better as the game goes on??

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Nagster on Nov 18, 11 4:44 PM
I swore I'd never buy another CE and I'm sorry I gave in and bought this one. The bonus level isn't worth the additional $7. At least this CE purchase completed my punch card and I'll get a game credit out of it.

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Nov 18, 11 5:47 PM
Azada was the first game I ever bought from Big Fish and it blew me away. I loved the mystical adventure of it and the puzzles were a great change from the typical hidden object format. Ironically, the first game I bought from Big Fish since getting my new laptop is Azada: In Libro.

Earlier postings explaining that the developer has changed have clued me in as to why it seemed like a different game. What's missing for me is the sense of gravitas the first one had, and the urgency (maybe because it was timed). The voice of the first Guardian is particularly annoying to me in this game because he sounds so young and callow.

Still, it's a really good adventure game. I've been playing it over a couple of days in hard mode (the second one) and have not yet finished. The mini-puzzles don't seem particularly easy to me...I had to use the guide to get the three bugs into their holes! I like that you don't have to travel excessively to find and use the objects that forward the game, and that it requires a nice balance of logic and intuition to play.

pattyjo
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pattyjo on Nov 18, 11 6:31 PM
Oh boy mostly Puzzles you say !!!! goodie goodie I will try it for sure!

johntodd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by johntodd on Nov 18, 11 7:07 PM
nothing like the others dont think i'm going to purchase this one its so much like a-lot of others ...but i did however love love the first 2 ! dissapointed!

johntodd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by johntodd on Nov 18, 11 7:07 PM
nothing like the others dont think i'm going to purchase this one its so much like a-lot of others ...but i did however love love the first 2 ! dissapointed!

[Post New]by almarcam332 on Nov 18, 11 10:50 PM
I have the other two Azada game and was really looking forward to the next installment. I finished the demo and purchased the game right away. Great grafics and gameplay. I did not run into any bugs or technical issues. I have to say that I did enjoy the game but I also found it to be too short for my liking. I was able to finish the game in one evening, including the bonus chapter. I wish there had been longer gameplay, but again I have to say that I did enjoy it. No **** in this one, but still worth playing. If you are considering buying, I would suggest waiting on the the standard version as the bonus gameplay only took me about 10 minutes to finish.

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Nov 18, 11 11:58 PM
Loved it...I only have to decide to wait for SE or not...

Just a lovely game...of HIDDEN OBJECTS!!! Oh yes, it isn't a list of 19 items to find...but there are objects to find that are hidden to move on to the next puzzle or area...Rebecca your limited understanding and grumpy posts are starting to annoying me...

Anyway good job devs...

thinky thinky

[Post New]by canadianyay on Nov 19, 11 6:11 AM
I am loving this . Hope it's not too short . After playing it for 2 hours I begin to see it's not the HOS that I like so much as the puzzle hunting. If this is what's called an adventure game then play on. I like the help system (played a middle level) because it didn't give too much away - just helped you get unstuck. Graphics are the best: finely drawn and not washed blue or brown. Thanks! I will definitely buy this and more like it. A real improvement over the previous Azada games imho More please

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Nov 19, 11 11:36 AM
Very good game, but I am only at the 2° chapter! Very interesting minigames, but I found out a couple of them quite difficult, only because the solutions were sequences randomly repetitive, so, or you know the solutions by memory, or you must follow the original one! The story tale is very engagin and grabs you in to the game, we'll see at the end if there are nice surprices to discover, until than I rate this game 4 1/2 !

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Nov 19, 11 3:58 PM
I just finished this game and I absolutely loved every minute of it. The graphics are clear, crisp, and colorful. I found the storyline intriguing and I even enjoyed the music! I thought the puzzles had just the right amount of difficulty for me and I thoroughly hated to see the game finished. The bonus game "closed" the game for me and I am glad I purchased the CE. I am one of those who likes all the bells and whistles (SG, wallpapers, screensavers, etc) that come with a CE. I like the convenience of the SG being IN the game if I get stuck! I didn't play the first 2 games in this series so I can't compare them. Thanks and Devs for a IMHO truly wonderful gaming experience! Well worth the money spent, again IMHO.
Happy Gaming All
BK

[Post New]by Sally48z on Nov 19, 11 4:16 PM
Love games by this developer, and this is certainly one of their best; but what a disappointment for an Azada fan! Was looking foward to the pure creativity of the magic of BFG studios and was sorely disappointed. No offense, but felt like I was replaying some of the games by this developer...and those were good games, but I truly thought that this game would be kicked up a notch, based on Azada, Ancient Magic, which was so "up a level" compared to Azada. For me, it's not even about the lack of hidden objects [that could easily have been overlooked]; it is more a lack of uniqueness that the first two games literally spilled forth from the very beginning. Well, nuff said.

Katie318
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Katie318 on Nov 19, 11 6:20 PM
I agree completely with GeorgieFlip (quoted below). I saw that a new Azada was out and I rushed to buy it. I am Mac-based so that's not as easy as it may sound! I tried out CrossOver Games, which did not work for me, and then brushed off and updated an older copy of Parallels running Windows XP. I was able to download and run the new Azada without problem.

Azada III is stable. The graphics are good. But there is little wonder, little shaking of my head while I silently mouth "wow". The puzzles are common.

I have no problem with this game. I would buy it and most probably would like it IF it didn't have the name Azada attached to it. But--it's just not of Azada quality (she says, shaking her head sadly). That said, I'm now in Level II and slogging along, thinking "Azada, where art thou Azada"?
Katie

Georgieflip wrote:Beware before you buy. Don't make the mistake I did and buy without trying because of the previous Azada games. This is not by Big Fish Games and doesn't compare to the others. This is the same old, same old.....

cookme
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by cookme on Nov 19, 11 6:44 PM
I am so, so sorry that I wasted money on the CE. I loved the first Azada, it was my first game to buy on-line ever. I was thrilled when the second one came out, and same for this third. I never buy CEs anymore because of too much disappointment, not enough value for the extra money, but I figured that Azada wouldn't let me down. Ends up this is just another game, good because it's ERS, but in my opinion it's not even up to ERS usual standards. The extra content felt like a quick afterthought thrown together. Please BF, don't put the name Azada on something that doesn't compare to the others. Also, CE's should have a lot more extra play to be worth twice the price.

Edited on 11/20/2011 at 3:40:38 PM PST

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Nov 20, 11 4:07 AM
The BEST game I have ever played! Thank you ERS and BFG!

Go to: