Acorny
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Regarding the Mac Release for Escape from Ravenhearst

[Post New]by Acorny on Jan 23, 12 2:59 PM
mcurty wrote:I also no longer care about the latest MCF game. It will be one I get only if I'm given a free coupon code.

I will be spending my credits with companies like BoomZap (today's TGT) who do dual releases. They are sending the message that they respect all their game players.

Amen to that. BF has seriously alienated mac users by not updating us on this. I'm actually considering canceling my membership.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 27, 12 4:05 PM
Yeah, I thought as much...no news. As long as it takes to release this game, I suggest we Mac users take just as long before buying. That seems fair.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jan 31, 12 1:16 AM
WilJul wrote:Yeah, I thought as much...no news. As long as it takes to release this game, I suggest we Mac users take just as long before buying. That seems fair.

Good idea.

tookyfes
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by tookyfes on Jan 31, 12 2:25 PM
I feel like you guys would stop getting so much s**t if you would just say SOMETHING. The fact that you are blatantly ignoring anything to do with this is the MOST frustrating part. A nice drop in saying "Oh hey, we're making progress" would be a little nice. But this blatancy is infuriating, and REALLY bad with the whole "customer relations" thing.

[Post New]by 14gamers on Feb 1, 12 11:00 AM
i torture myself all the time by 'peeking' whats new on the PC section. It even more hurts when i saw Escape from Ravenhearst doesnt even exist anymore in the top 10 game of the week. (while here we are Mac users being kept in a news-proof room, unable to play it).
It's been months.
The season is changing.
No news still.

Is it EVER going to come out?

X,X

Skeets181
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Skeets181 on Feb 2, 12 4:40 AM
Even if its never going to be available for Mac, at least let us know so we can forget about it and go on with out lives LOL. Then I can use my 2 credit on something else.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Feb 3, 12 11:07 AM
Honestly, if this is what "top priority" means, I would never ask BFG to take care of anything really important. Or do they have more categories? Are Deluxe Editions an "over the top" priority?

Edited on 02/03/2012 at 11:07:31 AM PST

[Post New]by fairygodmother55 on Feb 3, 12 12:36 PM
Skeets181 wrote:Even if its never going to be available for Mac, at least let us know so we can forget about it and go on with out lives LOL. Then I can use my 2 credit on something else.

Oh, amen to that! I keeping saving them.. waiting..... I just know the instant I BUY something , it will pop up....

[Post New]by whitneyann11 on Feb 4, 12 8:09 PM
It's seriously getting ri-goddamn-diculous. nearly 3 months later and not even any real news or a date to look forward to. get your ish together BFG!

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Feb 8, 12 6:11 PM
shorenuf wrote:Honestly, if this is what "top priority" means, I would never ask BFG to take care of anything really important. Or do they have more categories? Are Deluxe Editions an "over the top" priority?

LOL!

It's now been eleven weeks and no word. Some "top priority" we've turned out to be.

Edited on 02/08/2012 at 6:12:59 PM PST

MommytobeC
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by MommytobeC on Feb 9, 12 7:51 AM
Going on 3 months and still nothing. And someone mentioned another site on this and a BF moderator didn't take that post down so that tells me that no one from BF is reading these posts. and ... btw is anyone else finding that as they go on the BF site in the mac games that there is nothing in the new games that is at all interesting. There are like four games I would like to see on BF that are only PC including EFR that I am waiting for.

[Post New]by BallOfDoom on Feb 14, 12 4:04 PM
It seems to always be this way for Mac users on this site. I've lost track of the number of threads I've gone to where people are wondering when/if this or that game is going to be released for Mac and BFG just doesn't respond or acknowledge them at all. I realize that the majority of their customers are PC users but it often seems like they just don't care at all about the Mac users. If it's so much trouble to just give us a quick update once in awhile, why do they even bother carrying games for Mac in the first place???

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Feb 15, 12 7:19 PM
BallOfDoom wrote:It seems to always be this way for Mac users on this site. I've lost track of the number of threads I've gone to where people are wondering when/if this or that game is going to be released for Mac and BFG just doesn't respond or acknowledge them at all. I realize that the majority of their customers are PC users but it often seems like they just don't care at all about the Mac users. If it's so much trouble to just give us a quick update once in awhile, why do they even bother carrying games for Mac in the first place???

To answer your question, they surely must have seen a profit in expanding their Mac offerings. Before the end of 2009, there was virtually no Mac presence here, now we have equal billing with the PC side. Up until a year ago, the Mac Forum was just a thread in Chit Chat Corner; now we have our own forum. So we can't say BFG has not paid attention to Mac users.

It's frustrating to wait for games, but BFG does not have to share the whys and hows of their dealings with developers with us. For the most part, it's not like the Mac versions exist elsewhere. If they do, we are free to purchase them.

In the case of this game, they are the developer. You might think they would take enough pride in this game itself, not just in the profits from sales, to want to get it out for Mac. But the killer was the hoopla surrounding EFR, the speculation thread, the party, the strong indication this would be a dual release, then bam, it didn't happen. Problems with the Mac version at the midnight hour -- uh huh, sure. Even if that was really the case, little was said to acknowledge how we felt. Then it was "Top Priority" -- that was 3 months ago. Two months ago we got the same lip service and since then nothing.

So, it's not even the game. It's how we were duped -- er, treated.

Adding to the frustration is how BFG seems to have changed. I became a customer here because I was so impressed with the quality of their Studios games compared to others for Mac. Madame Fate, RTR, Drawn 1 -- absolutely fantastic.

The Azada games as well -- then they give their baby away for adoption to ERS for Azada 3. Hidden Expedition 5 -- well, I'm not sure if they produced that one in Studio or not, because we never got it. And again, BFG doesn't seem to care -- not one word about it.

Well, I've changed too. I like to play games, BFG sells games at the best price, I will buy them here. But loyalty and respect have nothing to do with it anymore.

[Post New]by Fisherman253 on Feb 17, 12 3:17 PM
14gamers wrote:

X,X

No. I don't think it will.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Feb 18, 12 10:05 AM
14gamers wrote:

I will continue to hope as long as they keep this thread "stickied".

But, if the game is a no show for the Mac platform, hopefully they will be kind enough to post an explanatory apology here before they change this thread's status and lock it away.

Edited on 02/18/2012 at 10:06:02 AM PST

bulldog2
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

[Post New]by bulldog2 on Feb 20, 12 3:19 PM
OK I pm'd Solice and ask him about this, don't know if I will get an answer, and I'm sure all of you have done the same thing.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Feb 20, 12 5:23 PM
bulldog2 wrote:OK I pm'd Solice and ask him about this, don't know if I will get an answer, and I'm sure all of you have done the same thing.

I don't think she checks her PMs that often, and it's clear no one is checking this thread.

Nearly 3 months now.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Feb 22, 12 10:30 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in with an update on the situation for this game. I know this has been a frustrating situation and we're very sorry for the wait for this game so far

The reason this game is taking so long at the moment is as Solice mentioned in her OP:

Solice wrote:In order to take Mystery Case Files to the next level, making it more immersive, intense, and engaging as possible, we had to build an entirely new engine.

However building the new engine for Mac, I'm sorry to say took longer to build than was anticipated

So it is still being worked on and again we're sorry for the wait. But I want to assure you we haven't forgotten about it and are still working on it so hopefully the wait won't be TOO much longer.

bfgCimarron

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Feb 22, 12 10:03 PM
Thank you BFGCimarron. Hope it is still "top priority". I know there's a programmer there who won't give up. Thanks in advance!

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Feb 23, 12 5:50 AM
Thank you, Cimarron, for the update. It's been a long wait and looks to be longer. I think we should get MCF badges *and* a Charles doll for waiting so long.

Go to: