cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Group play for Hotel - all are welcome!

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 19, 12 7:40 AM
I went to sleep in my bedroom and was woken up by loud snores and an urge so went looking for the bathroom but ended up in Mrs Greenleaf's room ... still no sign of a bathroom, do you think she would mind if I used the empty fountain on the landing .

I'm not reading any of the posts yet as I want to see how far I can go without asking for help, unfortunately RL keeps interrupting my gameplay so I will probably be the last to finish again ... oh well, slow and steady gets you there in the end

On the plus side I see that I will be going back exploring full of chowder so that will keep my strength up .

...................................... ......
......................... ..............
............ pp pp pp pp pp
............ pp pp pp pp p pp pp
............ pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
............ pp pp p pp pp pp pp
............ pp pp pp pp pp r pp pp
....... pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p
....... pp pp pp pp pp pr pp pp pp pp
....... pp pp ppp HAZELIZE pp pp pp
....... pp p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
....... pp pp pp pp pr pp pp pp pp pp
............ pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
............ pp
............ pp pp pp pp pp pp
............ pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
............ pp pp pp pp pp pp pp

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S dinner

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 19, 12 7:49 AM
Ahhh you are awefull Cherb! **Talks in very firm teaching voice now** remember we don't eat our own! Go find supper elsewhere in the pond.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 19, 12 8:02 AM
govols2 wrote:Well, I have made it to the sarcophagus.
My second spoiler for marianne (above your previous post) might help.

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 8:02:45 AM PST

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Feb 19, 12 8:12 AM
Catfish_girl wrote:Ahhh you are awefull Cherb! **Talks in very firm teaching voice now** remember we don't eat our own! Go find supper elsewhere in the pond.

LOL - As I was reading your post all I could hear in my head was Dlck Emery 'ooooo you are awful......but I like you' Don't know if you know who I mean though!!

@cherb - ROFL, you always brighten my day! I know what you mean about RL intruding on game time. Don't worry I don't think I will be checking out anytime soon.

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 8:13:14 AM PST

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 19, 12 8:38 AM
Yikes! Am I in hot water, cherb? I do think it would be nice if somebody in one of these games actually sat down to a meal (besides little Robin, that is).

I want to compliment all of you who illustrate your posts! It takes a lot of patience to do that.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 19, 12 9:26 AM
Golly...cherb...LOVE your beautiful artwork. It looks very complicated. I always look for it.
Congrats on your morph hazelize.

Took a break for lunch and FINALLY got **the planet puzzle solved. What a pain that was. Spent most of the morning struggling with it.**

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 9:29:38 AM PST

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Feb 19, 12 9:39 AM
What a fun game this is. I'm enjoying playing it very much. Only got really, really stuck the first day and a hint from Mr_Russ to another player helped me there. So thanks Mr_Russ
Right now I'm trying to find my way * inside the church. *

Forgot to say Congratulations to Mr_Russ & Dialogue for finishing game.

@marianne...Yes, that planet puzzle was a pain.

@hazelize...Congrats on becoming a Hopefully that's not you in Cherb's chowder.

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 9:54:37 AM PST

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Feb 19, 12 10:10 AM
Just a quick question regarding the planets puzzle.. Are the marbles in colour for you guys? Mine were varying shades of green and orangey/gold and not in a way that was useful. I have solved it so it doesn't matter, I'm just curious.

Glad you managed to solve that part marianne and can now continue on.

I'm not far behind you sunshinej. I have played this game all the way through once already, and up to this point 3 times now ( life got in the way on my first play!). I have a save at this point from all 3 times and the funny thing is, it seems I have taken the same amount of time to get to this point each time I have played it, give or take 5 minutes!

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 19, 12 10:21 AM
My marbles were clearly red, blue, orange, green and purple, popla. It was hard enough even knowing which went where, so good for you for solving it without color.

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on Feb 19, 12 10:26 AM
Yay just want to say I finished. What a great game. No the planets weren't in colour for me either

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 19, 12 10:35 AM
You need to adjust your set, popla. Your colour balance (and possibly your gamma) are off. It doesn't look as though you've finished configuring your new monitor - and those marbles might be useful.

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 10:36:41 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 19, 12 10:41 AM
I've finished too!

I really liked this game, i am glad I pciked it up with this sale. It isn't very long, it isn't very hard but it has some unique features to it and I quite liked the storyline.

@popla regarding the marbles mine had that varying shades thing too, maybe it has something to do with graphiccards? ** but you only had to look at their position and translate that back to the color on the star map**
Ohh and about **** Emery, you are right, I've got absolutely no clue what you're talking about.
ETA now I am curious, how did you get his name passed the auto censor?

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 10:43:40 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 19, 12 10:44 AM
D.ick Emery is going back a very long way on UK TV. Google him.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Feb 19, 12 10:49 AM
govols *i saw that there is something stuck at the fountain and some shovels but for some reason i can't grab them*

cfg * i haven't actually been in the basement just outside the door. and i don't have anything in my inventory to start the smoke detector. so i am at a stand still and just keep walking around in circles.*

hazelize * i have seen it but i can't get hold of it. i have a wrench but it doesn't seem to be working.*

also *everyone said they took a picture of the stone slab and sent it off on day one and maybe that is why i can't go any farther because i don't know where the slab is.*

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 19, 12 10:54 AM
Hi popla...my **marbles** were red,blue,orange,green and the magenta was purple.

I'm now at the **labyrinth. So far I've liked all the puzzles, except that dad-burn **planet puzzle**.

I'm enjoying this game and am thinking I need to pick up Sinking Island. ??

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 19, 12 10:55 AM
@amj You need to get into the basement and you need a key for it. Go back outside to the fountain. ** look for something shiny there, you may need something else to get it. What you need to get it is also outside** hopes this gets you on your way again.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 19, 12 10:56 AM
Amj picked up the necessary. It's in her inventory list from earlier.

I'm enjoying this game and am thinking I need to pick up Sinking Island. ??
Interesting choice. Benoit Sokal - Syberia I and II, Paradise, Sinking Island, Nikopol: secrets of the immortals. Learning how to use the PDA at the beginning may give you fits. Definitely not easy and not particularly well liked.

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 11:09:00 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 19, 12 11:21 AM
LOL ... don't worry about Hazelize everyone, when she runs out of flavour she will be turfed out of my everlasting chowder pot and allowed to morph into a and someone else will take her place
I am all heart .

OK I have managed to play a bit more inbetween running between next door and here and I have found the pieces of parchment in the library but I cannot get them to "stick" in place on the background. What am I doing wrong please because nothing happens when I have them as close together as I can .

ETA ...

Oooh I bought Paradise but haven't played it yet.

ETA 2 ...

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL FINISHERS

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 11:24:39 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 19, 12 11:26 AM
I had that same problem at first Cherb. **it is possible you are trying to fit the pieces together while you have the map upside down and then it doesn't stick. Try working from the corner pieces, if it is in the right spot it will stick and then you can move on.**

I know you are all heart, that's why we you.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 19, 12 11:31 AM
Oooh. I can tell you that. **Your picture is probably upside-down.** The pieces lock into place when they're right.

ETA You did that as well, CfG?

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 11:49:32 AM PST

Go to: