spiritblue
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Welcome to Return to Mysterious Island forum

[Post New]by spiritblue on May 15, 10 3:35 PM
I found everything. I learned first time. Now the knife is broke. What I do and keep look for it? But need to eat for energy. Should I start over the new game? Let me know

Anna1782
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Anna1782 on May 21, 10 1:24 AM
Having read all here I guess it's rather difficult game but nevertheless I should try it I think...

dixielady627g
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,216 Posts

[Post New]by dixielady627g on May 22, 10 9:31 AM
I highly recommend it! The only Large Files I enjoyed more were Syberia & Treasure Island.

There are free walkthroughs for if you get stuck, & there are also very helpful people hanging around in these forums. Plus, it's only 7 bucks! Can't beat that for a 10 + hour game.

spiritblue
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by spiritblue on May 26, 10 1:30 PM
hello everyone,

I wonder Did everybody already pass everything to the games and will be next game of return mysterious island 2? I still play a game I think should be last one. I afriad if i get mistaken will be 2 and I can't view if the robot will kill me ot not. I gulp myself. LOL but I am little nervous. Smile Wink!

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jun 5, 10 1:03 PM
Wonderful Game !!!

I loved every minute! So enjoyable to explore a game at one's own pace, and figure out all the in's and out's, while still being given the chance to "try again" if you get attacked by robots.

Great graphics, sound, and clever puzzles! The combination of items required to build a certain object or complete a given task I never would have been able to accomplish without the walkthrough. But that was just fine with me. I just made a few notes, and then went back to the game, hoping I would remember everything I had read that I was supposed to do.

Great to play a game once in a while that takes two days to complete rather than two hours! Kheops Studio makes great games and -Thank You Big Fish Games for a great Game!

[Post New]by countryteam on Jul 15, 10 5:34 PM
can anyone help me get inside the sub and give me the code. i have tryed everything and only got one green light.

NEILD
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by NEILD on Sep 1, 10 4:00 PM
I'm stuck, I need to make a lamp or a candle. I have candle wax but no combination will allow me to make a candle or a lamp either.
I also have no idea what to do with "soot", I think that it is a part of making gunpowder, but no combination of the other chemicals or compounds that I have will make an explosive.
After crossing the suspension bridge and scaring the agressive monkey off, what do I need in order to do something else there?
I've made bricks, gotten to the windmill, made it turn, made a kiln, made Jep healthy, made a battery, charged my phone, picked up everything on the beach, just can't figure out what to do next.
Suggestions?

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Oct 29, 10 8:41 PM
[b]Inside Granite House is a chest that has some "wicks." You can use one of them with the seal fat to make a candle. If you go down the tunnel to the lake there is a lamp. There is also a lamp in Granite house in a back room (past the ladder that goes down.) Lanterns can be charged with the battery.

I never found a way to use the soot.

There is a bunch of vines that Jep+knife need to cut down. Go to the beach where Nemo was and use Jep
+ladder to get in Granite house.

The wick and the hard powder (put through the windmill) will make powder for the gun or the cannon.

After scaring the aggressive monkey, pick up the damaged cage and repair it with willow. Use the forked stick to catch the snake and put it in the cage. The tunnel monkey can also be given alcohol to make him sleep.

d0080b
Stingray
Stingray
5,334 Posts

[Post New]by d0080b on May 15, 11 4:48 AM
Really nice game, great scenery and challenging game play. Thoroughly enjoyed it and will play it again in the future.

[Post New]by doofenschmurtz on Jul 3, 11 11:28 PM
shindy77 wrote:This game was SOOO freaking difficult! I don't consider myself an amateur adventure game player either, and yet I was stuck at pretty much every place once getting off the beach for the first time. I had to use a walkthrough for the whole game practically, which really sucks the fun out of it.

I wouldn't recommend this game for anyone but the most advanced adventure game player. While it is really beautiful to look at and can be fun to play, it just required too many leaps of logic when it comes to using items from the inventory in the environment. And speaking of inventory - that was perhaps what made it such a difficult game. When you have an inventory with nearly 100 active items in it, and you don't need to use all of them - it just becomes way too much to manage.

Thanks Was looking for some good ones for the 4TH of July will definetly stay away from this one Doof

[Post New]by halfsent on Oct 29, 11 2:01 PM
Graytwo wrote:Thanks, I was really stuck.
Graytwo

[Post New]by fattypat on Jun 17, 12 2:46 PM
quickc0246 wrote:
magsdee wrote:when i play this game all i ever get is 2 turtle eggs and no sign of a treasure chest and i cant use anything as a hook to catch ffish, help?

[Post New]by lenoxbowler1 on Oct 8, 12 8:48 AM
What a awesome game, just finished. A real thinking game. Had to use walkthrough
a couple of times, but otherwise you can figure it out with a little patience. Graphics are beautiful also. Off to play part 2 now !

[Post New]by Kittywhiskers9 on Feb 19, 13 2:22 PM
Elinakara: You must have tree bark heated in the bowl of water and also another medinical plant also heated on the fire either in the kiln or the fire near the beach. then he needs a bed to rest before he can have the food. Good luck.

[Post New]by Kittywhiskers9 on Feb 19, 13 2:26 PM
am725t wrote:Thanks! Now I am stuck on the cake....made the sugar and the coconut...now what!!!

You need an egg and a lemon, then cook it.

[Post New]by Kittywhiskers9 on Feb 19, 13 2:29 PM
dixielady627g wrote:Hello & welcome to the forums! You need to make bricks to repair the stairs. The mold is on the steps. You'll have to fire the bricks after you make them. I've heard that you can make a peashooter to beat the monkeys (notice green health meter?), but I never found the peas.

Kate

The peas are actually from the rubber tree above the snake!

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 16, 13 2:09 PM
Kittywhiskers9 wrote:
dixielady627g wrote:Hello & welcome to the forums! You need to make bricks to repair the stairs. The mold is on the steps. You'll have to fire the bricks after you make them. I've heard that you can make a peashooter to beat the monkeys (notice green health meter?), but I never found the peas.

Kate

The peas are actually from the rubber tree above the snake!

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 16, 13 2:12 PM
shindy77 wrote:This game was SOOO freaking difficult! I don't consider myself an amateur adventure game player either, and yet I was stuck at pretty much every place once getting off the beach for the first time. I had to use a walkthrough for the whole game practically, which really sucks the fun out of it.

I wouldn't recommend this game for anyone but the most advanced adventure game player. While it is really beautiful to look at and can be fun to play, it just required too many leaps of logic when it comes to using items from the inventory in the environment. And speaking of inventory - that was perhaps what made it such a difficult game. When you have an inventory with nearly 100 active items in it, and you don't need to use all of them - it just becomes way too much to manage.

The second version of the game doesn't have all of the annoying chemical stuff to try to work out by trial and error. The few chemical things in it have the solution in a book left by the sawmill. I hesitated to buy the 2nd game buy so many people gave it good reviews that I bought it. I am very happy with it.

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 16, 13 2:12 PM

The second version of the game doesn't have all of the annoying chemical stuff to try to work out by trial and error. The few chemical things in it have the solution in a book left by the sawmill. I hesitated to buy the 2nd game buy so many people gave it good reviews that I bought it. I am very happy with it.

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 16, 13 2:16 PM
Cat_robinson wrote:I am stuck on the beach. I have eaten everything but the coconuts. When I try to use the knife on them, the interface tells me those objects can not be combined. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Cat

The knife is supposed to be able to open the coconuts. If you smash them with a rock it destroys them. Have you tried to restart your computer and then trying. You might have to restart the game again from the beginning. The best tip that I can give everyone is to constantly save the game sessions often so that you don't have to restart it all of the time.

Go to: