eWonka
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:TGT - Dangerous High School Girls

[Post New]by eWonka on Jan 27, 09 5:46 PM
I played through the situation with Eleanor, the girl in the wheel chair. After reading maabea9116's account, I wondered why it hadn't offended me. That sounds terrible! So I took a quick play of it again. This is my experience: (SPOILER ALERT)

I played until I met Eleanor who asks your girls to get rid of the teacher who is badgering her to use the school's new ramp. It sounded to me like she was being forced to do something she didn't want to do. (even though it might have made moving about the school easier)

If you choose to Accept her request, your girls agree by saying, "Sure thing. Cripples have the right to grind their wheels up three steps every morning, if they so choose." (In the 1920s the common term was 'cripple'.)

It sounds to me like they're respecting Eleanor's choice, even if it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Instead of Accepting, my girls Exposed her secret, because I wasn't sure why she wouldn't want to use the ramp.

Her secret: "Lately, various cute boys fancy to carry me like Cleopatra. This stupid ramp will ruin my one thrill!"

To me, that sounds like she was enjoying a personal fantasy. Good for her! She's entitled. So my girls go to the teacher, the very strict sounding Thaddeus Cane. We get rid of him with a quick game. After he's gone, Eleanor reconsiders, since the teacher had scared all the boys away.

This is where she, like other girls in this part of the story, have an accident. My girls' goal is to figure out the mystery behind the accidents. So I'm expecting to encounter accidents. Eleanor's is just one of several that occur, to give the player a clue.

She rolls her chair up the new ramp and it collapses beneath her. The chair tips over and Eleanor falls out. Okay, the next bit is either grizly or ridiculous, depending upon your mood.

Eleanor says, "Damn, another vertebra crushed!" Her chair is a tangled wreck. "I'd rather crawl to the nurse."

Afterwards, my girls examined the broken ramp. We find that one of it's metal plates was made from a burnt cookie sheet. Hmmm. Is this a sign of deliberate sabotage?

I feel, especially after replaying it, that the game developer treated Eleanor exactly like every other girl who has an accident. If I remember right, the vaudeville girl, Charlotte, has a stage light fall on her head.

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Jan 27, 09 5:48 PM
Did you know that BF changed the description of this game. I was showing DH and noticed it had been changed.

Thank You Big Fish for listening....

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Jan 27, 09 5:50 PM
I did not know that Gee! THanks! going to look

THAT'S JULIA'S!!!!!

wonder if they asked her first?

Edited on 01/27/2009 at 5:51:42 PM PST

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 27, 09 5:59 PM
GeeBee wrote:Did you know that BF changed the description of this game. I was showing DH and noticed it had been changed.

Thank You Big Fish for listening....

That's fabulous! Sheesh think of all the carfuffle (I admit, much caused by this outspoken Poodle ) that could have been avoided had this originally been the case! But well done !

BTW: gameplay-wise the spoiler above about the wheelchair accident leads me to believe this game has tons of replayability. Because my wheelchair girl is the Queen (well of course she is, just ask my hubby ) I never had this encounter. The interactions would changed based on which characters you choose for your group of girls (I hesitate to use the word gang... )

Edited on 01/27/2009 at 6:03:10 PM PST

maabea9116
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by maabea9116 on Jan 27, 09 6:00 PM
Poodle, you are awesome and I think you would be the coolest in any school lol!

Hey they changed the description, your're right!
Welcome to the world of the Roaring 20's and the adventures of Teenage Flappers. Follow the exploits of finicky, fussy, female high school students as they solve mysterious accidents at their school. Facing suspicious administrators, antagonistic instructors, and their own peers; gather and lead your group of friends to expose secrets using the tools teenage girls in the 1920's had in abundance: quick wit, feminine charm, plenty of sass, highly developed sense of fashion and a batted eyelash -- or two! Climb the social ladder Disgrace your rivals Become the social queen

That sounds much more to the nature of the game and much more Big Fishie like!

While I still don't like the context of some of the game play and I feel they could have done so much more with it (I liked so MUCH of it!) I am happy that some fishies found something they like.

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Jan 27, 09 6:01 PM
(I admit, much caused by this outspoken Poodle

To the bench Poodle! lol

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Jan 27, 09 6:01 PM
suzangh wrote:I did not know that Gee! THanks! going to look

THAT'S JULIA'S!!!!!

wonder if they asked her first?

HUH????? Dang! That is much better, don't y'all think??? No they didn't ask but it was public domain since I put it in here!!!

See . . . I spent way too many years working for lawyers and politicians!!

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Jan 27, 09 6:02 PM
i think im seeing a check in the mail here. uh huh

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Jan 27, 09 6:04 PM
julia, yea but as a courtesy they could have asked you or at least told you about it first (and a free game wouldn't be bad either!)

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jan 27, 09 6:04 PM
We have changed the description based on everyone's comments here. While the game does deal with more adult subject matter, I believed it received a lot of attention it didn't deserve because of its original game description.

And, yes, we did use juliamadeane's with her permission. A very big "Thank You" goes out to her for a fantastic new description of the game.

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Jan 27, 09 6:04 PM
looloo123 wrote:i think im seeing a check in the mail here. uh huh

LOL . . .

Edited on 01/27/2009 at 6:36:14 PM PST

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Jan 27, 09 6:05 PM
how about a very big check? lol im just sayin

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Jan 27, 09 6:07 PM
bfgErie wrote:We have changed the description based on everyone's comments here. While the game does deal with more adult subject matter, I believed it received a lot of attention it didn't deserve because of its original game description.

And, yes, we did use juliamadeane's with her permission.
A very big "Thank You" goes out to her for a fantastic new description of the game.

woohooooooooooo ^fin BFG!!!
Okay I know we say it all the time but
where else can you go that will make a big change JUST BECAUSE WE ASKED!???

Edited on 01/27/2009 at 6:09:49 PM PST

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 27, 09 6:14 PM
looloo123 wrote:****w about a very big check? lol im just sayin

Weeelllll... it would be nice, but as our writer stated above, public domain, and if you read Terms of Service pretty sure *anything* we post here is owned by da the minute you hit "Post Reply" But I think they *could* at least pony up a game...?

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Jan 27, 09 6:22 PM
I'm sure will take care of Julia.

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Jan 27, 09 6:26 PM
I tell ya though,that girl has some real talent!

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Jan 27, 09 6:33 PM
I am just really glad that it was a description that was ACCURATE and hopefully tomorrow's general release of the game will go a bit more smoothly than TGT did.

And . . . I did get a PM from Erie regarding using the description (I really should check my PM's a little more frequently!) AND I did get game coupons! SO . . . while it isn't a check -- it is going to be my next large file game . . .

Any suggestions?? I have the Syberia's and I'm not really digging the ND's.

Edited on 01/27/2009 at 6:34:31 PM PST

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Jan 27, 09 6:37 PM
lol julia well it kinda IS a check... for $6.99! lol

WTG BigFish! Good on ya!
(they didn't have to ya know!)

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Jan 27, 09 6:40 PM
WTG ! Good for you, Julia! I like it when good things happen to good people. BFG is the best! Now, maybe they can run future game descriptions by you.

eWonka
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by eWonka on Jan 27, 09 7:05 PM
Yea Julia! Thanks bgf. Sounds good, ...except...

The last bit, 'Climb the social ladder Disgrace your rivals Become the social queen' doesn't make sense. Nothing like that happened when I've played it, and the last bit rings of mean-spiritedness. I don't think Julia wrote that bit.

This game seems to draw a line between being bad and being mean. Some opponents have been very mean. So far, my girls haven't done much that I would consider mean. But they have been wonderfully bad.

Go to: