Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

Re:SPOILERS!! Walkthrough for Ghost Encounters: Deadwood in the works!

[Post New]by Sheerija on Mar 24, 12 4:59 PM
NURSIEDAWN wrote:I am totally stuck on the clock hands.I have the Sherriff's badge, puzzle piece 1/3, sulfur, whisky, Blackjack's hat and the rock. the pocket watch is hung by the big clock.Anyone know how to find the clock hands and get into the station as there is no keyhole and the door is locked!

Go to the train station. On the ground to the left of the building, break the cracked tile with the rock to get the sharp tile. Use it on the poster to get the clock hands.

[Post New]by bashfog on Mar 24, 12 5:10 PM
Only thing I have is a wrench,empty wine bag and a stop watch. It seems from the postings that I need the blacksmith hammer, I think, Where do I find it please? It's been years since I have seen a game like this, more please.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:SPOILERS!! Walkthrough for Ghost Encounters: Deadwood NOW POSTED!

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 24, 12 5:15 PM
Walkthrough now posted!

Ghost Encounters: Deadwood Walkthrough

Edited on 03/24/2012 at 5:19:00 PM PST

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Mar 24, 12 5:16 PM
Bee921 wrote:
Sheerija wrote:
Bee921 wrote:I need to find a gate handle & 2 library books, also need something to wedge into the crack in the tomb. Please help!!
Also, how can I get saltpeter from the barrel?

The wedge is in Blackjack's grave.

You don't take the saltpetre, you put your charcoal and sulphur into it and stir with the spoon, put the lid on and, it's yours. Explosive for the mine entrance.

Thanx! The help with the explosive seemed to be all the help I needed.

You're welcome, but a lot of these answers did not originate with me. I got them off other fishies and the Anarchy guy. Ha, the Anarchy guy!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Walkthrough for Ghost Encounters: Deadwood NOW POSTED! SPOILERS!!

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Mar 24, 12 5:19 PM
Just popping in to activate the link in prpldva's post.

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Mar 24, 12 5:43 PM
niki93 wrote:I still cannot find the rock or the card? can anyone help please. I looked at the wanted poster @ the sheriff office, still can't find the rock.. Have no idea what the card is or where.

This puzzled me as well until I got through the woodpile blockage behind the sheriff's office. The rock is beside the SECOND poster which is outside the (?) railway station office (?).

Well I'm off to find the clock hands. (Actually I might leave that till tomorrow. It's past my bedtime. (If your in the UK don't forget to put your clocks forward.)

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Mar 24, 12 5:50 PM
Yay, WT posted! Poor guy must be exhausted.

Looking forward to reading what everyone thinks, tomorrow.

Nite, folks.

Edited on 03/24/2012 at 5:51:29 PM PST

anarchyent
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by anarchyent on Mar 24, 12 6:39 PM
PrplDva - Great job on the WT!!! We couldn't be more pleased. Hopefully this should help answer most of the questions and allow everyone to continue to enjoy the game.

Thanks again for all your hard work (and lack of sleep)!

(removed by moderator)
Developer of Ghost Encounters: Deadwood

Edited on 03/25/2012 at 6:22:03 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 24, 12 7:36 PM
This is great, getting the WT up. I was enjoying the first 45min of trial thinking this is my kind of game - til I got woefully stuck and wore out my last walking shoes so didn't buy it yet.

Then I come here to see 6 pages of stuck posts, 6000+ hits and know it's not my kind of game. Scrolling through the WT now I see it IS probably my kind, I see LOTS of HOS and some jigsaw puzzles which are my fav passtimes. Thanks for that. I just wish a good story could be strung together with narrative, HOS and jigsaws, it's sure a lot of work getting to the next fun part.An interactive map would be icing on my cake, give me more time for living my own life, but I look for games to give me entertainment without struggles.

I commend Anarchy for the graphics, clean, clarity, in spite of me having just had eye surgery the objects bounced right out to me. Text blurry but that's me today. I look forward to buying and playing the rest of the game with both eyes LOL. Love ghost stories. Another thread said Anarchy also did the Hide and Secrets. Well, the last one was my downfall, 18 sneakers later I lost that sense of urgency to save that poor woman from the fire, wanted to say burn baby burn Two weeks later who cared tsk tsk me. With this help maybe the story will pace well to get the job done.

btw that piano mini I finally had to skip. It was the mix of quarter notes and half notes that really threw me. Green light on first then figured the rest must be random, and I'm a pianist, just wasn't thinking of the tune, just the math. Not fun.

Fun to read both Dev and our WT writer, didn't mind spoiler posts since I won't remember any of the solutions anyway. I just needed to find a wagon for my fixed wheel when I resume

More games with more HOS, sparkles for the clueless like me, and jigsaws and a story!!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 24, 12 7:39 PM
anarchyent wrote:PrplDva - Great job on the WT!!! We couldn't be more pleased. Hopefully this should help answer most of the questions and allow everyone to continue to enjoy the game.

Thanks again for all your hard work (and lack of sleep)!

(removed by moderator)

Thanks! And thank you for a wonderful game!

Edited on 03/25/2012 at 6:21:14 AM PST

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

Re:Walkthrough for Ghost Encounters: Deadwood in the works!

[Post New]by Rose151 on Mar 24, 12 8:41 PM
anarchyent wrote:Hi All,

First off we'd like to thank everyone who has tried our game so far! We know the WT is not up yet so we want to reach out and try to help anyone with a question so they can continue enjoying the game.

As for the 2 chess pieces: One is in the grandfather clock inside the Mercantile. The other is inside the wagon next to the gallows where the sheriff is strung up. Hope that helps!

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

An excellent game, thank you so much! The only "complaint" I have is that in the Hidden Object scenes, too often a "modern" version is what is required. I like to look for shoes that aren't tennis shoes, and a phone that has a crank Otherwise, great job and I certainly look forward to more from you.

lemarmot
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Re:Walkthrough for Ghost Encounters: Deadwood in the works!

[Post New]by lemarmot on Mar 26, 12 5:06 PM
anarchyent wrote:You'll need a CROWBAR which you will find in a HO scene after you go down the stairs in the library.

Hope that helps!

I can't find the crowbar, and I can't go down the stairs in the library - the game says it's too dark - I lit the lantern by the crate that needs to be opened

can you help m please

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 27, 12 4:04 AM
lemarmot, this is what the walkthrough said:

• Locate all the items on the list.

• You will earn the MIXING SPOON.

• Return to the library (Go through the back of the Sheriff’s office).

• Use the HOOK on the chandelier (G).

• Use the MATCHES on the chandelier (H).

• Walk down the stairs.

Here's a screenshot of this scene:

Screenshot

Good luck and happy gaming!

-bfgRhone

Re:Walkthrough for Ghost Encounters: Deadwood

[Post New]by dotsmom67 on Mar 30, 12 1:20 PM
I found the two chess pieces, added them to the game but had to go somewhere and closed the game. Now it is asking for the chess pieces that I already gave and don't know what to do. I have checked the places I received them from and their are not there. What now? Help!

New1
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by New1 on Mar 31, 12 4:01 PM
Where do I find the whiskey for the wine skin?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 31, 12 4:14 PM
New1 wrote:Where do I find the whiskey for the wine skin?

The whiskey is in a barrel in the storeroom of the mercantile....

bl4716
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by bl4716 on Apr 3, 12 7:36 PM
Thank you for the location of both chess pieces. Fortunately, I had already found them and delivered them to the chess set but it is still saying I don't have all the pieces.

Is there a third piece or have I found a bug?

[Post New]by supergayle on Apr 7, 12 10:27 AM
Having troulbe finding the pod outside one of the buildings. help to find it.

[Post New]by momorty on Apr 8, 12 5:12 AM
I`M MISSING A BONE (6) I DID NOT PICKIT UP IN ON THE ALTAR

emu3
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by emu3 on Apr 10, 12 7:33 AM
totally stuck at the end. found them earlier but cannot find billy and grannys graves

Go to: