suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

Re:TGT - Coyote`s Tale: Fire and Water

[Post New]by suzangh on Jan 29, 09 4:48 PM
no kiddin! ya'd get paid not only to PLAY games but to REVIEW em as well!

ETA: although I must tell ya I don't read your reviews until After I play the demo and think about buyin it.
You write em so well they tend to color my objectivity so I wait til I'm thinkin I want the game! LoL

Edited on 01/29/2009 at 4:49:56 PM PST

[Post New]by patecatl_eq on Jan 29, 09 4:49 PM
suzangh wrote:*thinks BFG or game developers should hire poodle to critique BEFORE releasing games!

I think I agree.

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Jan 29, 09 4:50 PM
there ya go Poodle, send matt your resume!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 29, 09 4:55 PM
Heck, I bet most of us would do it just for a chance to play the alpha version of the game, all the way through.

chimenesryan
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by chimenesryan on Jan 29, 09 6:13 PM
patecatl eq

For those of us who detest HO games, can I possibly have you look into making a platform type game? Or an RPG type game like Aveyond? Please please please?

It's nice to see the maker of the game visit the forums, hehehe, so we can make really outrageous requests like mine

Anyways I would DL this but I really don't care for HO games I have a hard enough time finding my car keys in my own house, I don't want to find "lost" stuff on a game.

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Jan 29, 09 7:03 PM
chimenesryan wrote:patecatl eq

For those of us who detest HO games, can I possibly have you look into making a platform type game? Or an RPG type game like Aveyond? Please please please?

It's nice to see the maker of the game visit the forums, hehehe, so we can make really outrageous requests like mine

Anyways I would DL this but I really don't care for HO games I have a hard enough time finding my car keys in my own house, I don't want to find "lost" stuff on a game.

OMG!!! That cracked me up!!!

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Jan 29, 09 7:05 PM
*wonders if Poodle and Matt are in negotiations* hehehe

chimes,

I have a hard enough time finding my car keys in my own house, I don't want to find "lost" stuff on a game.

hahahahaha! ^ fin! Me too.
But I love H O games cause if I can't find it I can use a hint!
(Is there a hint button for lost keys in the house? Could sure use one!)

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Jan 29, 09 7:08 PM
There is a clapper for lost keys. "Clap on. Clap off"

shnort
Clownfish
Clownfish
671 Posts

[Post New]by shnort on Jan 29, 09 7:37 PM
Just finished the Demo,like the game,BUT:the cursor freezes up,ignores clicking,to much time between levels,
like the Croc with no Teeth,just like me hehehe

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Jan 29, 09 8:13 PM
ok i have a coyotes tale, iwas dating this guy 13 years younger than me.............oh wait , your talking about a game

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Jan 29, 09 8:29 PM
uhm can we still have the story??? LOL

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Jan 29, 09 8:32 PM
suzangh wrote:uhm can we still have the story??? LOL

LMFO ill never tell LOL

mmaiden42
Stingray
Stingray
5,767 Posts

[Post New]by mmaiden42 on Jan 29, 09 8:46 PM
I tried the demo and I also didn't like that it showed you where something was if you were not getting things quick enough. I sometimes like to go in order and tried to stay out of image mode. So while I was searching, the little flower petals came up and showed me what I was looking for, would rather be able to do that myself, IF I felt I wanted to go quicker. Then I experienced the longggg delay between scenes, cursor wouldn't move, music was playing and it didn't sound like the game should be frozen, but it was. I think if these issues are fixed, I will buy it, but if there is nothing that can be done about it, then this is not a keeper for me. I was really hoping this would be a really good one for me. Can't win em all!
Nice graphics, and finding most of the items was easy but if it is a longer game, I can deal with that. Crossing my fin-gers that this will be fixed.

wellcrap
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by wellcrap on Jan 29, 09 10:19 PM
Anyone else have trouble with the download? I bought the game and it downloaded. I click to play it, and all I get is the pyramid, the music, and a half screen with pixels. And it doesn't want to close either. Haven't run into this before - do I delete it and try again?

wellcrap
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by wellcrap on Jan 29, 09 11:00 PM
Sigh.............no one? Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I turn into a pumpkin at 2 am.

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Jan 29, 09 11:14 PM
Sorry, wellcrap...I haven't tried it yet.
Guess everyone else is in bed

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jan 29, 09 11:48 PM
I played the demo in time mode the last night all the way through the 60 minutes. Didn't buy it then because I wanted to see how all the little fishes felt about it first. After reading the last six pages I decided that I was going to buy it anyway.

So tonight I played the relaxed mode and finished it in about 5 hours. Factor in potty breaks and a trip or two to the frig for cold water.

I had no download problems or an erratic cursor, no large pixel problem on my 20" flat screen (Envision). however .... the last, maybe fourth of the game was missing the voices. I could read it, and the music was playing but no vocalizations.

I'm running XP/SP3 with 1.5G RAM, Pentium 4, 3.00GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT.

I know many of you didn't like the characters and felt they were someone cartoonish but I thought they were a hoot. Coyote is a sly dog. He gets River to help him move and then goes take a nap while she's doing the hard labor. Tsk, tsk. Just like a man, eh? I'll confess to being one of those HO fans that like it when it's difficult to find objects. I also started to play with the rosettes (flowers) so that I could use the 5th one when I was ready, and if I didn't need it, I went on to the next scene.

Not the worst HOG I've played by any means and there's replayability which I'm factoring in as well. I liked the graphics, storyline, characters, and general feel of the game.

I'd give it a -1/2 out of 5.

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Jan 29, 09 11:58 PM
Thanks for the review!! I need all the input I can get

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 29, 09 11:59 PM
wellcrap wrote:Anyone else have trouble with the download? I bought the game and it downloaded. I click to play it, and all I get is the pyramid, the music, and a half screen with pixels. And it doesn't want to close either. Haven't run into this before - do I delete it and try again?

I would uninstall then do a full reboot - which is to say shut your system off, wait 30 seconds, then boot up again. Yes, I know this is old school (remember when ya booted from a floppy or had to park hard drives if you were going to move your system? ) but wth, can't hurt, right? Then re-download and re-install. I had no trouble but this is a good check in case you just got a corrupt download. If it still doesn't fly I'd contact tech support.

Good luck!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 30, 09 12:03 AM
MoreOver wrote: the last, maybe fourth of the game was missing the voices. I could read it, and the music was playing but no vocalizations.

I'd call this a bonus feathure...

The more I'm thinking on it the more I'm itching to buy. If tonites game is not something I want I probably will before sunrise.

Update: Yep, it a TM that uses the word "frenetic" in it's description. Coyote here I come.

Edited on 01/30/2009 at 12:09:44 AM PST

Go to: