shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Post any Malice:Two Sisters technical issues here only

[Post New]by shorenuf on Sep 3, 12 12:38 AM
Lots of technical issues prevented me from playing…

• Option, change player, and quit do not work from the opening screen
• The game is not widescreen -- only option is full screen -- so, how did I get to options? It wasn't easy since the menu button within the game was not fully visible.
• The left and right sides of the playing area are cut off
• Like the menu button, the Hint button was not accessible.
• The inventory panel was below the viewing area
• I did a keyboard quit and trashed the game.

Running LION, 24" iMac, 4GB memory.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Sep 3, 12 6:00 AM
Tywee wrote:Every time I open the game it freezes and I have to restart my computer And here comes the bad news... I never tried the game I just had an extra game credit I wasted. And to think I never even saw the title screen.

Contact Customer Support (closed today) they will give you a replacement credit.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 3, 12 6:06 AM
Heya shorenuf,

Sorry to hear that the game isn't working properly on your Mac. You could try to give the game a fresh start by uninstalling and then reinstalling it. You can find some steps for that here
Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

If this doesn't help our Tech Support will definitely be happy to have a look at that for you! You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Sep 3, 12 6:20 AM
I have a Mac running 10.6.8. The game seems to work OK, but every time you start the game it blinks back and forth between the desktop and the game several times. When I quit, it has shrunk open windows on my desktop.

The game also plays with wide black bars on either side. I'm wondering if the game is playing with my resolutions.

It does the weird flashing back and forth when changing from fullscreen to windowed, and shrinks open apps, but only once back and forth.

Did anyone test this?

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Sep 3, 12 7:29 AM
I'm running on Lion. All of the basic items required to play the game (Inventory,
Hidden object list, Menu) are cut off. Game totally unplayable. Yes, I'm about to file a
Dr. Felix w/ Tech support. But this one's pretty easy to spot -- does anyone test these on Lion before releasing them?

gartz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by gartz on Sep 6, 12 8:16 PM
Doesn't run on Mac OSX Mountain Lion at all. A black screen with "Loading..." goes on forever until I force quit it.

[Post New]by SunnyH10 on Oct 6, 12 8:32 PM
Hi, Downloaded the game Malice:Two Sisters....no sound even after I installed the Op installation? Not much fun without sound.

[Post New]by Darlindebe on Jan 20, 13 4:22 PM
When doing the puzzles....why is there no INFO button that tells you what you need to do with that puzzle.?????

[Post New]by Samhain13 on May 5, 13 9:40 PM
Only bought this game because it popped up for a $3.99¢ price when downloading another game I purchased. However, this game DOES have a problem in the area where you clean up the Chemical Spill.

I have cleaned up everything, there is nothing else to clean up, yet the glove is still active and I have put it all over the screen and it doesn't pick anything else up, again, NOTHING to pick up anywhere, already used the bulb on the clear liquid and the cloth on the green and picked up the dead animal.

Although looks like there may be another one, but when trying to pick it up, nothing happens and most times the inventory screen rolls up over the area, preventing anything from getting picked up.

If I'd have paid more than $3.99¢ for this game I'd be really ticked. Even so, the game SHOULD WORK, there shouldn't be all these issues.

Anyway, I can't get the blue vial or the knob, because I can not get past the clean up, I tried clicking the Hint button, but all it says is "Time to clean up the chemical spill", which I've done!

Have no idea what or how to get around this issue. Anyone else encounter this problem?

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on May 17, 13 7:47 PM
On Mac 10.6.8. Game appears weirdly on the screen. Too small or too large: either way, unplayable. (I do get sound, though.) Am definitely not going to take it any further. The long list of tech issues (6 pages!) speaks for itself. Bad news, BF.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on May 17, 13 10:32 PM
Numerous problems: It got stuck at 99% installed (for hours), then my full-screen version ended up being a not-full-screen version even though on the Options the full-screen was checked.
Then it froze when I opened the journal although I still had sound. I could not even access the menu and had to ctrl/alt/del out.

And then I got an access violation error and it was shut down and it had narrowed down to not-full-screen again.
I went back in and got the same error message at exactly the same place and again, it narrowed down to not-full-screen.

I have barely started to play this game, have downloaded it twice, and I've have had more than my share of glitches. I noticed that the access violation error was reported over a year ago.
Why is it still happening?

What is happening with BF? This looks like it could be a good game. And of course I purchased it as a DD on Friday afternoon so there is nobody available until Monday.

This computer is a brand-new gaming computer. It is NOT my computer that is causing the problem. This is a glitchy game and it has not been fixed. Numerous problems were reported over a year ago and still it goes on!

CS usually just tells me that I didn't purchase the game so there is nothing they can do - even if I forward a copy of my receipt.

I am a VERY unhappy minnow!

Addendum: If the cursor is not moved for a few minutes my screensaver comes on, and the game changes (again) from full-screen to not-full-screen and I have to go into Options and change it - again. Also, bits of previous scenes show up in newer scenes. I will never purchase a game from this dev again.

[Post New]by gamefisherhooked on Apr 3, 14 10:56 PM
Well fishies, I had the same prob re: I didn't accept that OpenAl either, didn't get sound, uninstalled it then reinstalled and accepted OpenAl, and all was happy. I've now happily played almost half the game, saved it and went to carry on playing it the next day and WHAT THE.....it opened up to a brand new game with NOTHING saved. Don't know if I'll even bother starting over again. Might just trash it!! ANOTHER game I've wasted money on!!!!! This is one frustrated fishy!!!!

Go to: