TGT: The Broken Clues

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

Re:TGT: The Broken Clues

[Post New]by penrose47 on Feb 1, 09 6:32 PM
suzangh wrote:Kelly, so far you are the only one who enjoyed it. At least from the responses on this thread.
I'm glad you liked it and welcome to the pond.
I disliked this game for all the reasons you enjoyed it. LoL

I'm just about the only one who did NOT like RTR.

I did NOT care for RTR !

I played it but i wish I had NOT spent $$ on it. I like Madame Fate & the older ones. I play them over & over again. With RTR I was soooo GLAD when it was done.

So you are not alone

PEN

Edited on 02/01/2009 at 6:33:40 PM PST

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

[Post New]by Miern on Feb 1, 09 6:35 PM
Blue,
Don't waste your time. It really isn't worth the trouble. By the way, Ihave a cat named Softail, named after my late husband's Harley. I have had him since his birth almost 16 years now. Happy BFGaming!
M

[Post New]by hockeygerl24 on Feb 1, 09 7:31 PM
i downloaded this game and got bad video wont load but thinking is ok cause not interested in the game now ty all

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Feb 1, 09 8:08 PM
penrose, lol I haven't even gotten through whatever that area is you go to after you go down inside the fireplace!
I just can't concentrate that long. Nor can I remember where I've been and where I've seen something that I need 5 hours later or whatever. If I'd realized from the demo that the whole game would be walk around and click stuff til you maybe stumble on something, I would not have gotten it!
But I did have the demo to decide if I wanted it or not so not complaining about that part!

welcome hockeygerl!

given
Herring
Herring
369 Posts

[Post New]by given on Feb 1, 09 8:34 PM
This game has a timer and my DH is" Mr Clickity Pants", that ate up a lot of time.
I will not buy this one.

[Post New]by BettyBoop171 on Feb 1, 09 9:02 PM
Hello All,
Just to let you know I have purchased many a games here and this one was the worst of them all. First of all I agree with all the other comments about the game but my biggest pet peeve with it was that I paid for and down loaded the game and whithin 2 hours I was done! What is that! I have played many other games on Game Fish and I have never, I mean never been done with a game within 2 hours. This by far is the worst game I have ever played and I have written to customer service to let them know of my dissatifaction. I mean I play these games and pay the money for at least some moniker of satisfaction. I hope for all others who did pay and I know a lot of you didn't(kudos to you) expect, demand your money or at least another game because this was an insult to our intelligence. thanks for listening

hezekia
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by hezekia on Feb 1, 09 11:49 PM
Do not waste a minute on this game. What's the word I am looking for to describe this game? Oh, yeah----

LAME!

grumbler
Marlin
Marlin
9,065 Posts

[Post New]by grumbler on Feb 2, 09 12:17 AM
hezekia wrote:Do not waste a minute on this game. What's the word I am looking for to describe this game? Oh, yeah----

LAME!

Now know why I liked this game

I've always been a sucker for lame ducks LOL

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Feb 2, 09 8:53 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I’d pop in and let you know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for The Broken Clues.

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by annredhead on Feb 2, 09 9:23 AM
Is anyone else having trouble downloading this game. It completly scrambles my computer each time I try.
Help!!

[Post New]by bearpawsminn on Feb 2, 09 10:05 AM
After 7 minutes in the demo I also deleted...I have purchased and played this site for 2 years..this is the most disappointing game I can remember...way to small to find..and reading others..game is short....will wait for something better

jessied44
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by jessied44 on Feb 2, 09 10:11 AM
Are any other Vista users having trouble with the download. I get an error message: Hardware failed to switch to the specified mode". I get to hear the icky music, but no game. On top of that it won't uninstall normally as it says the game is being played. I have to completely restart to get rid of the thing. From the reviews, it probably isn't worth it to keep trying, but someone should check these games out against Vista before offering them for trial or purchase.

Dancing_Cat
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Dancing_Cat on Feb 2, 09 10:42 AM
I wasn't going to download the game then I saw the comments and wondered what all the fuss was about. It downloaded with no problems and ran with no problems - two things that haven't happened with a few games I've tried. So far so good. The poor English on the opening page made me cringe. but the first hidden object game wasn't too bad. What I found almost impossible was finding the differences. In the first place I was clicking in the left panel at first instead of the righthand one. Having sorted that out I couldn't see the differences in the time allowed. I was allowed to replay the level and I used the 3 clues each time I played and remembered where the differences were

It definitely hasn't got the style and character of HOGs like the Agatha Christie ones which have characters and stories and beautiful pictures

cnicolls
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by cnicolls on Feb 2, 09 10:52 AM
OK.....I tried it....even though the forum concensus seemed like a big thumbs down.

This game sucketh pond scum. I actually don't mind timed gaming. I kind of like the challenge, but the ghosting of the items was nasty. And my BIG gripe is the dialog....first there was no real, ongoing story. You got an introduction before game play started, and then all you got was small pop up boxes with archaic, Dick Tracy-type terminology. I thought it was aweful.

No way would I pay for this. I played through several rooms to make sure it really was as bad as I first felt it was. I uninstalled it and will not be looking back.

Sorry gang....

frummy
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by frummy on Feb 2, 09 11:12 AM
Hi fishies,

I have tried the game for about 20 minutes and I had enough of it. There are much better games. I am not waisting any credits on this one.

JDelB
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by JDelB on Feb 2, 09 11:33 AM
I did not finish this either - one of the worst ever. Top priority is to get someone who speaks English to input the words, if that is the market they are selling to. And what on earth are these things: Chioggia, cookies bell, and paper dispenser. Do not buy, and my recommendation is do not even bother to download it for your freebie time.

mmaiden42
Stingray
Stingray
5,767 Posts

[Post New]by mmaiden42 on Feb 2, 09 12:10 PM
I played the demo. NOT for me. I happened to pop over to Gamzebo today and they sure did not give it any knid of Kudos. This is what they said about it.

The Broken Clues might as well be called The Broken Game, because while it's technically playable, the process of doing so isn't enjoyable. Think I'm being too harsh? You could download the demo of this hidden object game yourself and see what I'm talking about, or just keep reading and save yourself the hassle.

So there we have it in a nutshell.

Even I, who has a soft spot for some of the games others have called bad, did not like it at all.
Happy gaming to all.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Feb 2, 09 12:26 PM
hezekia wrote:Do not waste a minute on this game. What's the word I am looking for to describe this game? Oh, yeah----

LAME!

The word I found for this game was ca-ca! WTH was BF thinking when they decided to put out this game??? Does BF even check out the games before they put them up for sale?

WARNING - WARNING This game is really, really bad on too many levels to even take the time to write about. Save your money! Gamezebo gave it 1 star just due to the fact that it didn't crash on them.

kassy481
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by kassy481 on Feb 2, 09 6:45 PM
I have to chime in on this one. I adore HO games but this was a train wreck & I'm very sorry I slowed down to look. I made it through 20 minutes in the demo...just simply could not believe a game could be this bad
The points have already been covered but I'd also like to point out the translation issue....when asked to find a "cutter"...is that a cookie cutter??, Knife?? flippin' Saw??
Never did find out what it was...got disgusted & deleted the game .
One more thing, in one of the find the differences scenes...was a waiter I think....his apron was all messed up, wrinkles etc...but in trying to click on the OBVIOUS differences...long rant short...used hints ( 3)....what it highlighted just made me go...WHAT...I'll leave off the expletive ...
Happy Gaming All , Kas

[Post New]by sassycat_1955 on Feb 4, 09 3:40 PM
Downloaded game, couldnt plat because it was totally messed up. Never did get it to come up right so just deleted it.

Go to: