Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Re:Post any 1 Moment of Time: Silentville technical issues here only

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jun 16, 12 10:02 PM
The doing the safe first did not help BUT by clicking the "X"to shut the mini-game the moment I completed the fridge puzzle and the minute I set the right time worked like a charm.

Reeeeeally a shame because this has been one of the most fun gaming experiences I've had up until that part which comes so close to the end it ruined the experience to a certain extent. I do hope to see more from Two Monkeys but hope they work a little harder knocking off those rough edges.

02bkiwi
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by 02bkiwi on Jun 16, 12 10:32 PM
Thanks Poodlebear. Tried that and it worked both times and I could finish the game.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jun 16, 12 10:49 PM
by LetMeTry on Jun 16, 12 5:06 AM
I download the game .. removed the special cursor. First scene started then nothing .. I mean I had no idea where to go what to do. Clicked everywhere to see what was to happen. NOTHING! Heard lightning sounds and moments later lightning showed. This told me it would be a hesitating game. Opened the book on the left and had a hard time closing it. Clicked all over and the OKAY sign six times before it closed. I think I will wait until someone decides "You know this game needs to have some fixes done." It amazes me how many games are listed in the "UPDATE" games page. The lists get longer and longer. Some games never get fixed. I believe the developers name should be in the description of the game. This would give everyone a heads up if problems have occured thru this developer. Maybe it would also wake up some of these companies. BFG do you have a list of those that always need their games updated ... it gets tiresome downloading and then having to restart your computer. I understand BFG wants a new game everyday but ....... some do not get fixed for weeks if at all.

by ediegamer on Jun 16, 12 7:58 PM
Same problem as "Letmetry". Can't get past the first scene. Keep clicking, but nothing happens. This game really needs a fix! Too bad, it looked like a good one, too.

Hi! to u'all ... well the dev's 'two monkeys' need to... Lets Do It! ... needs a 'fix' ... same thing with game for my attempt on playing game...three times and 'nothing' ... ctrl/alt/del to get out and end task! ... glad only on demo but now only have approx 38 min left to try again and just not in the mood!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 16, 12 11:04 PM
A HUGE thankyou Poodlebear. Hitting the X straight away afer completing the fridge magnet puzzle WORKED and I have now completed the game.

So, do the magnet puzzle and hit the X to close it straight away, set the code for the safe in the kitchen (I only had to change one number from the correct code I had attempted to enter earlier), get the fourth symbol, set the clock (works OK now) and then ring the bell.

It is unfortunate that this glitch, however small, left so many of us hanging.

But at least now we can finish the game.

Thankyou again.

Edited on 06/16/2012 at 11:33:12 PM PST

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Jun 16, 12 11:14 PM
faybes13 wrote:Hi, I figured out how to not to get the runtime error on both the fridge magnet puzzle and setting the clock time. As soon as you place the last puzzle piece, click on the X to exit and as soon as you set the correct time click on the X. It worked for me hopefully it works for you all.
Cheers.

Thank you so much for that, you're a star! I have now managed to complete the game - a great little game apart from these glitches right at the end.

Thank you to kathey12 too, although your solution didn't work for me I see from reading through the thread that it did work for some so you're another star.

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on Jun 16, 12 11:22 PM
You are all very welcome! Glad I could give something back to the forums. You don't know how many times I go to the forums looking for answers when I come across glitches in the games or possible help/solutions.

This really is a great community for discussing and helping other gamers!

Great game by the way!

Sincerely,
Kathey

Wuschelwu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Wuschelwu on Jun 16, 12 11:29 PM
Sheerija.[/quote wrote:

Fault is not with BF, but the devs. It's the devs that produce the games, Bf is just the distributor.

BFG is producer - and distributer
Distributer means: Devs offer their game to several publishers and one says yes. The distributer will handle the business, who will get the game after a more or less long exclusive phase and is mostly also the one responsible for translations to other languages

Producers have responsibility for the game, sets the budgets, gives the dead lines, is responsible for the quality. He decides if the game will get to another distributor or publisher at all.
BFG is producer for most of their "exclusive" games. They "own" the developers. This developers can't work for anyone else, only for BFG.

A producer/distributer who happens to have a lot of games coming out much to early is clearly a producer who does not take care that much, is not interesting in longer testing phases, does not care for quality.

Of course the original problem is mostly caused by the developers. But you know, how life is, don't you? If a product constantly has a problem, not the workers at the bottom will have to take their hats. A good company takes care, that the responsible people will change. To make sure, that the customers are satisfied.

barviv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by barviv on Jun 17, 12 2:01 AM
This was a really nice game but like so many others, I too had the floating problem with the fridge and clock. THANK YOU to whoever figured out that all you have to is "X" out as soon as the sparkles appear when finishing the puzzle. You don't have to exit the game, just the X on the circle. It corrected the problem and I finished the game. All you fishies are great! Team work, for sure!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 17, 12 2:07 AM
barviv wrote:This was a really nice game but like so many others, I too had the floating problem with the fridge and clock. THANK YOU to whoever figured out that all you have to is "X" out as soon as the sparkles appear when finishing the puzzle. You don't have to exit the game, just the X on the circle. It corrected the problem and I finished the game. All you fishies are great! Team work, for sure!

Yes thankyou Katey12 and Poodlebear for posting your solutions.
Cheers

[Post New]by mad4football on Jun 17, 12 2:11 AM
Same problem for me. Seems like everyone has the problem with the fridge magnet. Tried all sorts (uninstalling/re-installing), nothing works. Help please dev's, loving the game and don't want to not be able to finish it.

[Post New]by hollytime on Jun 17, 12 2:11 AM
having the same problem with the puzzle on the fridge the game stops please help

lanzakaren
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lanzakaren on Jun 17, 12 2:24 AM
i have floating error when i set the clock to 4.05, help please

TnT_TJ
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by TnT_TJ on Jun 17, 12 2:29 AM
Thanks a lot to the people who found the workaround for the runtime errors. I X'ed out of the puzzles right away when finishing the two puzzles mentioned and was able to finish the game.

@mad4football, hollytime, lanzakaren:

Try the workarounds suggested in this thread and you'll probably be able to finish it too

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 17, 12 2:30 AM
smpilotmom wrote:I am also getting the runtime error for the refrigerator magnet game. We shouldn't all have to contact technical support. Is there a fix yet?

No, we certainly shouldn't have to. And they want Dr Felix Reports too. What is this thread for then? Tech problems, right? So why do we have to tell them twice?

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 17, 12 2:33 AM
faybes13 wrote:Hi, I figured out how to not to get the runtime error on both the fridge magnet puzzle and setting the clock time. As soon as you place the last puzzle piece, click on the X to exit and as soon as you set the correct time click on the X. It worked for me hopefully it works for you all.
Cheers.

You are a genius! Thank you. Problem solved. Still a glitch that needs a fix, but at least I could finish the game.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 17, 12 2:36 AM
LULU5635 wrote:Faybes, I tried your trick of exiting the puzzle as soon as I put the last piece in. It worked to some extent as I didn't get the Error message. But there is a safe combination inside the refrigerator and each time I go back to open the fridge to get it, the same Error message pops up and boots me out again. Add me to the "very frustrated" list! grrr!

You don't have to go near the fridge again. The safe code is in your diary.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 17, 12 2:39 AM
kathey12 wrote:You are all very welcome! Glad I could give something back to the forums. You don't know how many times I go to the forums looking for answers when I come across glitches in the games or possible help/solutions.

This really is a great community for discussing and helping other gamers!

Great game by the way!

Sincerely,
Kathey

Big thank you from me too.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jun 17, 12 2:57 AM
And another big thank you from me!!

[Post New]by jaskel54 on Jun 17, 12 3:32 AM
I am also experiencing the game ending once I get to the kitchen scene an place the magnet on the refrigerator. Love the game please help

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jun 17, 12 3:33 AM
People are crediting me w/ the "click the X" fix and I want to give credit where credit is due, wasn't me, it was faybes13 as quoted below. HUGE thanks!

Cheers.

Go to: