Re:Post any Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by gamenotworking on Sep 18, 12 6:02 PM
I have the issue where the scissors disappear in the wardrobe hidden object game.

Re:Post any Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by gamenotworking on Sep 18, 12 6:07 PM
Mizz_Adamz wrote:
YeahNewGame wrote:I also lost the scissors and can't go on. I tried exiting and restarting and tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing worked. This happened so far into the game that I have no interest in replaying right now, especially as I could replay only to have the same problem. I am very disappointed to have spent the money on this game.

I am also in the same boat here, I've also updated everything as well.

Ditto

[Post New]by BunnyNic on Sep 21, 12 12:41 AM
Not sure if this counts as a technical issue or not but here goes: I played the game through once and loved it! Now i want to replay it on the harder difficulty and try to get some more of the achievements on my profile but it won't let me play again! Every time i click 'Play' it simply congratulates me on completing the epilogue! :/ Anyone else having the same issue? Any way to replay the game without deleting my profile and losing my achievements?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 21, 12 5:15 AM
Hi Fishies,

If items are disappearing from your game, I would first sugest checking the other "rows" in your inventory, sometimes it is easy to forget items are there!

If you continue to have trouble though, you could give uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

BunnyNic - you should be able to to start a new profile on the title page, just click the Not you? button to set up a new profile.

That being said, if the suggestions I have made are not working out for you, please do get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. They will be gald to investigate and provide tailored advice.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Deeme
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Deeme on Sep 21, 12 1:07 PM
Deeme wrote:
Deeme wrote:Been trying to re download ,and install this game on my old computer using Windows XP, and it refuses to activate, and then I get an 810 error. What the heck is wrong with this game. I paid for this game, and have yet to be able to finish playing it, because I have had nothing but problems with it. I already went through all the tec, stuff, but still it refuses to activate. I have another Awakening game, and it works just fine.

Ok, I just tried to re install this game again, and now I am getting a 703 code.

Ok I have now tried everything that is humanly possible to get this game to activate, and stop the 810 error code, to no avail. So I am now giving up on this game. It makes me angry that I paid for this game, and have not been able to play it !!!!!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 21, 12 2:20 PM
Hi Deeme,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble getting this game activated!

Please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can take a look at what's going on and work with you on this.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I'm sure they'll be able to get everything resolved for you!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 09/21/2012 at 2:20:40 PM PST

Replying to question from Kris.

[Post New]by carolynhughes225 on Sep 22, 12 2:40 AM
Hello Kris, to get started, I have windows7 system, collectors edition of the game which has an Intergrated Strategy Guide. When the game starts the pocket dragon is next to the pile of wood. You want to light the wood using the pocket dragon, click on him and he will return to the bottom of the screen, left hand side.Then click on him to go to the wood and light it. Then click on the Unicorn for a hidden object scene. I hope this helps,Kris.

[Post New]by gamerglo on Sep 26, 12 1:49 AM
The "owl"...hints...doesn't provide really helpful tips. I can figure the things out on my own. It is actually the game that is malfunctioning. I have done puzzles right but did not get in. I just skipped to go on. I am now stuck at the fire place trying to get the embers to move with the poker. The broom was also H@$%L to get it to sweeping. Yes it was a long down load....I thought since it was a Collector's addition all the glickes would be worked out. This game is really worth alot less money..or game credits. Because of all the issues..the game shouldn't be called a Collector's Edition.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 27, 12 6:01 AM
Heya gamerglo, welcome to the Pond!

It definitely is frustrating when a game you have been looking forward to doesn't want to work the way you expect it to.

As you seem to experience so many issues it might help to uninstall and reinstall the game to clear up those files that could be causing the problems. You can find some easy steps on how to do that here:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

If this doesn’t help our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by BunnyNic on Oct 2, 12 10:46 AM
I posted above regarding the fact that you only seem to be able to play the game through once per profile. I am aware that i can create a new profile to play again, my concern is that the achievements i have collected are not carried into the new profile and i have been unable to complete all achievements in one playthrough of the game. Any way around this or do i just have to accept that i will not be completing the achievements for this one?

[Post New]by RosaCaroline on Oct 8, 12 9:14 AM
Everything wasworking fine until I got into the castle and the area with the runes and paper. I cannot get the complete rune to appear on the paper. I even started the game again, using the guide to be sure I had not left anything out. It still won't work so I cannot get the part of the key I need. Help!

[Post New]by reeslangspi on Oct 10, 12 9:09 AM
The game is not saving my progress past the point where you assemble the lantern, so I can't play the Epilogue. I finished the game but did not play the Epilogue, and now I can't. Seems that BG needs to provide an update to this game to fix all the problems.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 12, 12 12:35 PM
RosaCaroline wrote:Everything wasworking fine until I got into the castle and the area with the runes and paper. I cannot get the complete rune to appear on the paper. I even started the game again, using the guide to be sure I had not left anything out. It still won't work so I cannot get the part of the key I need. Help!

Hi RosaCaroline,

It might help to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, as that will often get issues like what you described straightened out. You can read how to do that in our help article here.

If that doesn't get things resolved, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team and they'll be happy to work with you directly on some more troubleshooting steps. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 12, 12 12:37 PM
reeslangspi wrote:The game is not saving my progress past the point where you assemble the lantern, so I can't play the Epilogue. I finished the game but did not play the Epilogue, and now I can't. Seems that BG needs to provide an update to this game to fix all the problems.

Hi reeslangspi,

When this sort of issue comes up, we suggest playing the game in Administrator Mode. This will ensure that it has all the permissions it needs to run correctly and create good save files. We go over how to make that adjustment in our help article here..

If you try that and the game is still not saving your progress, please contact our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be causing the problem and do some more specific troubleshooting with you. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by DarkForestFaerie on Oct 19, 12 1:32 PM
I'm finding this game to be frustrating...it shuts down my computer randomly, and I found this out *after* I purchased it. Don't know what to do. Beautiful game, it's too bad that it's got this fault.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Oct 30, 12 12:37 PM
Hi DarkForestFaerie,

What you're describing sounds like a kind of crash, and something that could help is updating your video card, graphics drivers, and the programs that handle the display and sound for the game. We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to really delve into how the game is running on your computer and can work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting from there.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by Bugs_Cawfey on Nov 1, 12 7:44 AM
I put the fire charm in the freezer with the frost charm b4 I got the cauldron and chair leg. Now both charms are locked in. Can I get around this, or is this a "start over" error?

Bugsy :'(

PS: Gratz to BoomZap for a great storyline and (usually) well fuctioning games. I hope Dying for Daylight 2 can come out soon and be up to these standards.

[Post New]by Sunflower3668 on Nov 1, 12 9:15 AM

For those who have have/had problems with 'Awakening Skyward Castle'.

The disappearing scissors in the walk in wardrobe. The only way around it was, to reinstall the game (unfortunately for me it still kept showing my user name). So put in a new player name. I was holding my breath when it got to the scene again, but glad to say NO hic cups this time. Have now completed, and waiting for the next adventure to begin.

Happy gaming

[Post New]by firebird2007 on Nov 2, 12 1:03 AM
I have the weapons cabinet open and placed the bow on the stand, but inspite of re-installing I cannot get further. The saw just pops back into the cabinet

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Nov 6, 12 6:20 PM
Trouble started at the end of Chapter 2 & start of Chapter3...Beautiful game till it tried to open without Big Fish splash screen, followed the trouble shooting and did all I could and several times reininstalled .
Last 3 un&reinstall I click on GM & hear the little plurp but no game...very frustrating.. Just did Dr. Felix and will try to send..
I really want to finish this beautiful game but am leary of getting any more from this developer
P.S. I am not very computer savvy and hope I am not going to be sitting at "puter trying to figure out how to follow instructions :/

Go to: