popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

Re:Art of Murder: FBI Confidential group play starting 1st September. All welcome to join

[Post New]by popla27 on Sep 3, 12 11:29 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:Hi, popla.
The magnifying glass in the lower right of the screen is a hint button of sorts. This will highlight all exits on the screen. It will not highlight hotspots.
Yes it will. They show up as magnifying glasses while the exits show up as an arrow in a box.

Yes I discovered that after I got a bit further into the game! It doesn't highlight all things in the scene that Nicole can comment on and that's why I thought it only highlighted exits. Turns out I hadn't played enough of the game to see hotspots highlighted when I wrote the introduction!

I have managed to play some but I am mile and miles behind you all! I am just at the light switches when I fell asleep playing! I haven't had chance to go back to the game yet but I am hoping to be able to play a little more tonight.

Congrats on finishing the game TideWaters and marianne!
Man you guys are too fast for me to keep up with!

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

Re:Art of Murder: FBI Confidential group play starting 1st September. All welcome to join

[Post New]by harlequen on Sep 3, 12 2:26 PM
Congratulations Marianne finishing the game

You gave Me a good laugh, telling Us how You managed the Vases

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Sep 3, 12 2:34 PM
Finished! Good game but it does leave some questions.

Don't read if you have not finished the game - although seeing ** Branford outside of the subway station leads me to think that he killed Fairbanks.**

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 3, 12 2:38 PM
No, birdie. Two things - ** Huaqero killed Fairbanks. Chaser said so. That's what set him off. The other thing is Nicole's question as to why Chaser left Branford alive (not answered). **

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Sep 3, 12 2:45 PM
Mr_Russ - ** When did he say that? I went through the ending twice and only heard him say that he wished he killed Fairbanks. **

[Post New]by TideWaters on Sep 3, 12 2:51 PM
BIRDIE - CONGRATULATIONS ON FINISHING!!!!

Appears we're all left going Whaaaaat???

Tide

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 3, 12 2:52 PM
birdie,"It was Huaqero that inspired me. When I saw Fairbanks's body I thought Why not me? Why didn't i kill him?" - so he went on to kill off the rest because of what happened to Alice.**

Edited on 09/03/2012 at 3:13:58 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 3, 12 3:28 PM
congratulations marianne Re syberia 2 - I thought we were doing a group play after AOM?

Thanks tide, it did work. I've just started day 5. I didn't know you could die in this game, so glad I got past that bit, that took me ages that puzzle.

I don't like her comments as it makes me not want to examine and click and try everything "that's stupid" .

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 3, 12 3:52 PM
Thanks everyone. Wish I knew why Branford was spared ?!? It's hard to believe we were left without a clue.

When do you all want to start Syberia ll.......tomorrow ? Tuesday ?????

A BIG CONGRATS BIRDIE

harlequen...It was worse than that...I was trying to make a long story short.
Poor Nicole even tried to jump off the roof while I was clicking on vases. We were both sooooooo confused.

Edited on 09/03/2012 at 3:56:18 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 3, 12 4:48 PM
marianne - If you want to play syberia 2 now, me and the others will catch up. I'll play it when I've finished here and or will wait for the others if they want to play

HELP

OK I'm at the part with loads of vases or (amphora's?) on a roof and ** I've moved them around, examined them even tried putting a couple in the only other active part against the wall. But she gives no clue to the objective and now getting irritated by "well that's stupid" comments when trying to move them around. **

Edited on 09/03/2012 at 4:56:35 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 3, 12 4:50 PM
congratulations birdie - sorry didn't see your post.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 3, 12 4:53 PM
mariannequilts wrote:. Wish I knew why *Branford was spared ?!?*

marianne I think you forgot to put the above bit in spoilers.

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Sep 3, 12 4:56 PM
gingergal - since you put one by the wall ** then I am assuming that you got the board to cross over to the chimney. If so, you are trying to build a ladder to get out before the police get you. So, since you need a ladder, the best choices would be ones with handles and the largest to the smallest. **

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 3, 12 4:59 PM
birdie5 wrote:gingergal - since you put one by the wall ** then I am assuming that you got the board to cross over to the chimney. If so, you are trying to build a ladder to get out before the police get you. So, since you need a ladder, the best choices would be ones with handles and the largest to the smallest. **

**I tried 3 vases and none went by the wall** but now I know the objective, I'll get there! Thanks.

edit - urgh That was the most infuriating puzzle ** as because it wouldn't let me use some vases I thought it would only allow you to use the right vase in the right order. But no, it allowed me to use a wrong vase at the base (although wouldn't allow me to use at least 3 other big ones?) then when I got the right one at the base it did the same again to me with the others. wouldn't use some wrong ones but used other wrong ones! Then when I did get it right I was clicking on the wall to exit as I didn't see the exit arrow so thought I needed another vase and then thought the right order was the wrong order. :**devil:

If I had a skip button I so would have used it.

Edited on 09/03/2012 at 5:35:11 PM PST

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Sep 3, 12 6:16 PM
Congratulations Birdie finishing the game

YAY! I Finished the Game

Gingergal, glad that You figured out the Puzzle, I had a lot of trouble with it too

Marianne, I'm still laughing

About the ending: ** I can only assume that after 20 years Chaser aka Rached suddenly went nuts, could have something to do with His Wife's Death, remember that Ruth said that after Her Death, He changed a lot!**

And now I'm ready for Syberia 2, whenever everybody are ready, tomorrow I have to work again but I can join later or Wednesday

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 3, 12 6:22 PM
harlequen, there is a very good question at the root of your observation - why now? That isn't really answered.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 3, 12 6:28 PM
congratulations harlequen

SNAKE ALERT spoiler as to where it is so anyone like me can be prepared. ** It's on the metal cover of the plane, in the jungle.**

Seriously I have a major phobia, if I didn't think I was so close to finishing I'd have stopped the game. So please if anybody ever comes across a snake in a game please, please give me a heads up.

Edited on 09/03/2012 at 6:28:57 PM PST

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Sep 3, 12 6:39 PM
Ooh Gingergal, now You Make Me laugh can just see You with that Snake so near I'll warn You if I see one next time

Mr_Russ,** His Wife Death triggered His Insanity, We never know what happen to the brain after Shock or Trauma**

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 3, 12 6:40 PM
re syberia 2 - My vote is end of the week, at least Thursday or Friday? as I don't know where aquatic, sunshine or others who want to play are and I don't want anyone to feel they have to rush to finish the game.

We said 2 weeks ago we wanted to play Syberia 2 after AOM, so a week to play Syberia 2 plus a weekend should be OK before next group play. I realise since then another group play - blue madonna has been suggested and is going to be played at another site.

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Sep 3, 12 6:54 PM
Gingergal, Friday would be fine with Me too, Thursday I have to work, then I have a meting at night, so that day I can't play anyway

Go to: