Re:MCF star Lea Thompson to Host Live Q&A on Twitter... TODAY!

[Post New]by crazycatfishlady on Nov 16, 12 6:13 PM
Congrats to everyone whose question was answered! I was thrilled to be Q4!! It was a lot of fun to participate and watch Lea's answers pop up in response to all the great questions that were asked. Many thanks to BFG for arranging the Q & A

Question: Does anyone know how we go about claiming our poster? Will BFG send us a tweet, do we need to keep an eye on the blog...? I couldn't find any deets on the blog or twitter page, so it would be great to hear back from someone in the know.

Thanks!

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Nov 16, 12 6:17 PM
OMGoodness of all days! My Twitter acct got hacked yesterday and it took all day for Twitter to get me a new pass/login etc. I got my Tweat hacked I've been getting emails all day from people telling me there's some pretty nasty things I've been saying, LOL. Now I get to go retweet apologies. Glad you all had fun today talking with Lea Thompson.

[Post New]by crazycatfishlady on Nov 16, 12 6:55 PM
saskatil wrote:I just assumed we would be sent an email from BFG, because they will need us to confirm address details? (I didn't have to give my address for my Twitter account, just an email)

I thought maybe they'd contact us via email initially, but if you check the "settings", it states they keep your email private. I really don't want to give Twitter permission to make my email public It would mean tons of spam, for one thing.

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Nov 16, 12 6:58 PM
crazycatfishlady wrote:
saskatil wrote:I just assumed we would be sent an email from BFG, because they will need us to confirm address details? (I didn't have to give my address for my Twitter account, just an email)

I thought maybe they'd contact us via email initially, but if you check the "settings", it states they keep your email private. I really don't want to give Twitter permission to make my email public It would mean tons of spam, for one thing.

Warrior told me he thought they might use the PM system on twitter to contact the winners. Since that would be the easiest way to ensure those that entered could be gotten ahold of.

[Post New]by crazycatfishlady on Nov 16, 12 7:06 PM
Spirit_of_Auron wrote:Warrior told me he thought they might use the PM system on twitter to contact the winners. Since that would be the easiest way to ensure those that entered could be gotten ahold of.

PM system? Wow, OK...I'm really new to Twitter. How do we access messages? I changed my status to "let others search for me by email address", though I don't think that means what I think it means. *confuzzled*

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Nov 16, 12 7:09 PM
crazycatfishlady wrote:
Spirit_of_Auron wrote:Warrior told me he thought they might use the PM system on twitter to contact the winners. Since that would be the easiest way to ensure those that entered could be gotten ahold of.

PM system? Wow, OK...I'm really new to Twitter. How do we access messages? I changed my status to "let others search for me by email address", though I don't think that means what I think it means. *confuzzled*

he's going afk on me right now, but i linked him to your post and asked him to tell you. I don't personally use twitter, I can only go based off what he tells me.

Edit: On twitter, click on the cogwheel and you see where it says "Direct Messages"? That's where the message will be. (got that from warrior)

(accidentally double posted prior and realized it after)

Edited on 11/16/2012 at 8:02:39 PM PST

[Post New]by crazycatfishlady on Nov 16, 12 7:57 PM
Thanks, Spirit!

Edited on 11/16/2012 at 7:58:17 PM PST

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Nov 16, 12 7:59 PM
crazycatfishlady wrote:Thanks, Spirit!

You're welcome, sorry re-editing my previous post, which is why the post has dissappeared, didn't mean to double post.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 17, 12 5:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I must not admit to knowing too much about Hondo's plans on getting the prizes to the lucky winners but not to worry, I imagine you will be hearing from us soon!

And just in case I will be sure to poke Hondo about it too!

I was watching even though it was a little past may bedtime and the questions were really great - you all read my mind!

Thanks so much for participating, I hope you had fun! (Only 4 days to go!!! )

bfgBaikal

Edited on 11/17/2012 at 5:37:54 AM PST

Michonne
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Michonne on Nov 18, 12 11:38 AM
hope you all had fun. i dont do twitter.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 18, 12 2:06 PM
Would someone please post a few of the questions and answers, please?

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Nov 18, 12 3:23 PM
shagwendy wrote:Would someone please post a few of the questions and answers, please?

They are on BF's twitter site (hope the link doesn't get deleted):

https://twitter.com/bigfishgames

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 18, 12 5:42 PM
Thanks, Laflamme, I just went and had a look, there were some good questions there.

mcguind
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by mcguind on Nov 18, 12 6:04 PM
Really sorry but I have to say I'm amazed by how everybody has been hooked into Twitter. I thought this was our BFG forum.

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on Nov 18, 12 10:11 PM
Hi Saskatil, I have never done twitter and don't knkow how nor do I have an account for twitter. I ssay ditto to your reasons and my understanding o why it is being promotted. However, even if small we do still buy and I hope that will be recognized by BFG in the future as it has been in the past.
Good luck to all who will be participating.

Hugs !

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 19, 12 5:05 PM
saskatil wrote:and don't do FB and Twitter because I don't have family, or computer-using friends to connect with!

sas

(((Saskatil))) here's a hug from your family

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Nov 19, 12 6:13 PM
I don't twit or tweet. I will wait for the game, to see what all the hype over Lea Thompson is all about. She has come a long way since Howard the Duck. I just hope this game is better than the last one.

Hondo
Clownfish
Clownfish
588 Posts

Re:MCF star Lea Thompson to Host Live Q&A on Twitter [Recap now available!]

[Post New]by Hondo on Nov 20, 12 4:14 PM
Hey everyone!

For those who missed out on last Friday's Q&A, you can now re-live the action over on the blog.

Twitter Q&A with Lea Thompson Recap

We hope you all had as much fun as we did!

Hondo
Community Manager

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Nov 20, 12 4:55 PM
If anyone won a poster and would like to sell it to buy games, please PM me as I collect them. A very nice lady asked a question for me and it was chosen to be answered but was not fortunate enough to win a poster. Thanks.

edited: To add additional information.

Edited on 11/20/2012 at 5:04:42 PM PST

Hondo
Clownfish
Clownfish
588 Posts

[Post New]by Hondo on Nov 20, 12 5:12 PM
Butterflyshrimp wrote:If anyone won a poster and would like to sell it to buy games, please PM me as I collect them. A very nice lady asked a question for me and it was chosen to be answered but was not fortunate enough to win a poster. Thanks.

edited: To add additional information.

Everyone whose question was answered during the Q&A wins a free poster, so I'd suggest that you tell your friend to check her Twitter account for a message from us

-Hondo

Go to: