WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 2, 12 12:37 AM
The mask is inside the safe, you need to click on it to receive it.

[Post New]by trefina on Dec 3, 12 11:39 AM
I totally agree. This is not the product one comes to expect from BFG. I find it quite irritating and not easy to follow. I am stuck on the morphing items . Each time I ask for a "hint" I am told to go to the motel and see one more time , where upon I am taken straight into the credits. Where have you gone Big Fish. This game is not what I expected and again I wish I could get my money back

Trefina.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 3, 12 1:29 PM
trefina wrote: I totally agree. This is not the product one comes to expect from BFG. I find it quite irritating and not easy to follow. I am stuck on the morphing items . Each time I ask for a "hint" I am told to go to the motel and see one more time , where upon I am taken straight into the credits. Where have you gone Big Fish. This game is not what I expected and again I wish I could get my money back

Trefina.
As the morphing items are bonus material I don't think they're part of the strategy guide or the hint system. So according to the hint system you've finished playing the game and takes you to the credits.

To trigger the morphing items you should first find the key to the quarry on the warden's desk. You probably found this item very early on in the game. The quarry level then appears on the left side of your map, somewhere in the middle. Solve that level and the morphing objects are triggered.

[Post New]by Edieplummer on Dec 4, 12 11:40 PM
O.K., I admit it - I need to have my hand held when using the Strategy Guide as even what should be the simplest instructions can occasionally leave me baffled, so just showing pictures of the answers didn't give me as much help as I'd hoped for. Hopefully Big Fish will go back to the written (with pictures) Strategy Guide on the next excursion into gameplay. And I for one LOVE the interaction of live actors within the game; drawn characters are simply not real to me and don't add the touch of drama and believability to the game. Please do keep the Mystery Case Files stories coming, along with the behind-the-scenes filming. Although I enjoyed Shadow Lake, I still think Dire Grove is your best one yet!

Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Weedance on Dec 5, 12 1:52 AM
hi all, Can anyone help me figure out how to crack the code in the Sheriff's safe? It refers to a great fishing spot, but as many times as I turn the dials I can't get that combination - is there a trick to this? No help on any of the walkthroughs - I reckon they are behind because this game is complicated - which i love of course, but if you get stuck - really stuck - then there is no help. ta all

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 5, 12 2:15 AM
Weedance wrote:hi all, Can anyone help me figure out how to crack the code in the Sheriff's safe? It refers to a great fishing spot, but as many times as I turn the dials I can't get that combination - is there a trick to this? No help on any of the walkthroughs - I reckon they are behind because this game is complicated - which i love of course, but if you get stuck - really stuck - then there is no help. ta all
Yes, there is a trick to it! Do you know the word you need to enter? I can't remember what it is, but it's one of the lakes on the map on the wall. You need to turn the dial until you reach the first letter. Then turn the other way for the next letter and so on.

[Post New]by cdexproncox on Dec 5, 12 4:25 PM
[b]Was very sad with this game, finish it went to extra. and something else poped up. Is the extra mix with the game or what.

Akela16
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by Akela16 on Dec 5, 12 5:22 PM
This is one great puzzle game. I'll admit I was puzzled what to do and where to go most to the time. The "Help" button was invaluable. First time through I got to the finish and discovered I didn't find all of the morphing thingys. Backtracked and finally did get all of them .... this was a game in itself. I'm glad I didn't see the spoiler with all of the locations for the morphing objects .... it would have spoiled my fun for sure.

Too Hard ... Too confusing ... too challenging ... ? But why then do we like to play HO games ??

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 5, 12 6:30 PM
cdexproncox wrote:[b]Was very sad with this game, finish it went to extra. and something else poped up. Is the extra mix with the game or what.
yes, the quarry level and the morphing objects are the bonus material.

[Post New]by lmalm51 on Dec 6, 12 7:15 PM
I just finished playing this game -- I am pretty disappointed in it. Not very challenging, and I had objects left in my tray when the game ended. I never saw any morphing objects even though I bought the collector's edition. Over-all this game was very disappointing.

[Post New]by kwhite1323 on Dec 7, 12 8:55 PM
I am always excited to a new MCF game...and i thought that...like all the others...I was in for a brain twister...thought provoking...clever game. This one, however, completely let me down. If this is how all MCF games were...I would never consider purchasing another. The acting was horrible...the game was predictable, and the ending was completely disappointing! I hope that MCF goes back to the old format for their next edition...or they've lost a consumer in me...

[Post New]by mary_louis on Dec 8, 12 9:01 PM
The most boring game ever

[Post New]by ratdog2 on Dec 9, 12 11:19 AM
i just bought this game,i love all the mystery case file games, can someone post the link to all the walkthroughs fourm.s, i have tryed everything but don,t get no where,

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 9, 12 9:03 PM
ratdog2 wrote:i just bought this game,i love all the mystery case file games, can someone post the link to all the walkthroughs fourm.s, i have tryed everything but don,t get no where,
We can't post external links here, I'm afraid, or mention other websites. But if you Google "shadow lake walkthrough" you should get links to several walkthroughs, including video ones.

[Post New]by Skatter2 on Dec 9, 12 11:54 PM
Need help with opening the safe in Grimes Quarry. Any help or hints out there. Thanks.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 11, 12 11:43 PM
Skatter2 wrote:Need help with opening the safe in Grimes Quarry. Any help or hints out there. Thanks.
Look at the symbols and numbers on the knobs of the safe (in the middle of the knob, not in the little window). Then look in the book on the desk in the cabin, find the page with the right symbol and count down the numbers on that page. So for example if the knob is marked with a 2 of hearts, find the second number down the page with the hearts tab.

[Post New]by Sweetz1982 on Dec 12, 12 5:21 AM
I just purchased the game and have been dying to play but everytime I try to open it I get an error message. I activated the game and everything else seemed to be fine. There were no problems with the installation or anything. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, is there anything I can do to fix this. I have beaten all the other MCF's and cannot wait to start this one!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 16, 12 11:41 PM
Sweetz1982 wrote:I just purchased the game and have been dying to play but everytime I try to open it I get an error message. I activated the game and everything else seemed to be fine. There were no problems with the installation or anything. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, is there anything I can do to fix this. I have beaten all the other MCF's and cannot wait to start this one!

Welcome to the pond, Sweetz1982!! You should check out the tech issues thread. It's on the first page of this forum, marked with a yellow sticky note. Its full title is Post any Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition technical issues here only. You can look to see if anyone else has this issue or you can post in the thread. Also, if you look at the very top of this page on the upper right, you will see a "help" link. You could try going there and look up error messages. That might give you a hand. Lastly, if none of those work for you, you could get in touch with customer service directly. To do so, click on the green envelope to the right of these posts, when you arrive on the new page, look in the left hand column for "Still need help? Contact Us". Good luck!

[Post New]by ajl92978 on Dec 20, 12 7:50 PM
Hi. I just downloaded the trial. I click to play the game and it runs but never opens. I click on it again and says "Another game is currently running on your computer. Please quit this game or restart your computer. I have restarted the computer and even uninstalled and reinstalled 3x's. Please help me

deryndu
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by deryndu on Dec 22, 12 1:52 PM
is there a walkthrough

Go to: