WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 8, 13 11:48 AM
deejae101 wrote:I originally bought this game in November 2012 and played without any glitches whatsoever. Since then I have uninstalled it, and today I reinstalled it to play it a second time, but now it won't work! It starts out OK for a few minutes, allows me to create a new player and I get to the first scene and am able to do a few things, but then it stalls and the screen is black and all I have is sound (similar to the problem I experience with the Torment of Mt. Triste). My driver is up to date, yet the error message says my display doesn't support the minimum requirements of the game, which doesn't make sense since I was already able to play it last year!

Very frustrated! Any one have any ideas?
Sorry, deejae, I don't have any good suggestions for you except to contact customer support. Very rarely do moderators check this forum any more.

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by treklover on Nov 13, 13 2:02 PM
I am having a serious issue switching the fake relic for the real one in front of Cassandra in the caves. I know to use the spoon on the candle to distract her, but the darn relics won't switch! I am SO close to the end, and I can't "skip" because there is no option for it. HELP!

[Post New]by morradichi on Nov 20, 13 4:56 PM
Helice wrote:I've arrived at the point where I'm turning in the drawings of the library to the psychic. The drawings automatically leave my inventory and stack on the desk, she goes into her trance and the game freezes. It makes the noise as if it's displaying the neuron cinematic, but it just freezes on her with her hands on the desk.
I've force-quit and restarted the game several times, but each time it goes directly to the "Whenever you're ready, Detective" cinematic of the drawings stacking on the desk, and then the game freezes.
I've already reinstalled the game and my video settings are up to date.
I just had exactly the same problem. I'm currently reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

Nope, reinstalling didn't help. I can't progress the game at all. "when you're ready detective", trance, game freeze. Can't move on.

Any help welcome.

Edited on 11/20/2013 at 6:52:29 PM PST

[Post New]by morradichi on Nov 21, 13 6:37 AM
Anyone?
Anyone?
Bueller?

[Post New]by zeppbox on Nov 29, 13 3:10 AM
Just downloaded this yesterday on iPad mini. Bottom panel just disappeared when I was solving the relic puzzle in the tunnel. I thought it was just a puzzle challenge, so I solved the puzzle but the bottom panel still not appear. I cannot access the Menu, Strategy Guide, Notebook, Map, Inventory. Nothing. I cant go to other areas in the game. Tried restarting. Didn't work a charm.
BigFish please help, or else give back my money.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 29, 13 11:11 PM
zeppbox wrote:Just downloaded this yesterday on iPad mini. Bottom panel just disappeared when I was solving the relic puzzle in the tunnel. I thought it was just a puzzle challenge, so I solved the puzzle but the bottom panel still not appear. I cannot access the Menu, Strategy Guide, Notebook, Map, Inventory. Nothing. I cant go to other areas in the game. Tried restarting. Didn't work a charm.
BigFish please help, or else give back my money.

I responded to your post in the SE forum, have copied it here:

Hi zeppbox (and others)! Welcome to the pond!! The iPad versions of the MCF games seem to be particularly glitchy. Since the moderators don't check in here very often anymore and really can't offer individualized support, it might be a good idea to go ahead and get in touch with tech support directly. Hopefully they can get you going again or at the very least get you a refund/game coupon! Good luck!

Also, morradichi, I responded to your post in the "Welcome..." thread, though it wasn't any more helpful than my response above to zeppbox!

[Post New]by higgenbottom on Dec 2, 13 4:44 PM

I'm having the exact same issue. My screwdriver is stuck in the sheriffs door. I'm playing on the iPad mini. Is there a resolution to this problem, it's very frustrating.

Naggingdragon wrote:Hi, I am playing on the iPad edition. I have a problem with the screwdriver - I played the machine, didn't notice that the key was behind the panel and wandered off thinking well, what was the prize......

I decided to try the screwdriver in the door of the sheriff's office. Well, it went in but now won't come out! Reading the strategy guide I understand I need to have a bobby pin....which is Dr's office...the key to which is behind the panel for which I need the screwdriver for.....

Any ideas? I hate the idea of starting again!

Oh, and I started looking around the quarry game not realising it was the bonus game, stopped at safe....

[Post New]by itzy1210 on Dec 18, 13 9:50 PM
I am playing on ipad air. colkectors edition
i am 97% finished and have encountered a glitch. got to cave and Cassandra and was sent back out to the drs lab to collect fake relic. Now when i try to go through grate in wardens office again to get back to cave the ladder needed to reach the grate has vanished and is not in my objects toolbox either. So frustrating to be this close and unable to finish. Have retried restarting ipad and reloading game. no luck

lukefsje
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by lukefsje on Aug 4, 14 7:45 AM
The game won't let me play in windowed mode. Can someone who has windowed mode unlock tell me what your screen resolution is?

Is this a bug? Problem locating diamond in chapter 6 - Library

[Post New]by aieeeeeeee on Aug 15, 14 5:24 PM
Going through the checklist, in the warden's house. I noticed it didn't scratch out the loose floor board in the kid's room. where I found his report card. Will this cause any problem?

Is there a place we can go see how much of the morph obj is retrieved?

How come there is no help to find it? what do we do with the mask after?

Seem to have issues in keeping track of completed tasks. Now is it trading the book on auto repair

It is quite difficult to put the ladder back in the library to reach the book. It would expand on the click and then fo back to inventory once you lift the finger from the same clicking event

Please advise

Edited on 08/16/2014 at 7:38:31 AM PST

seventh
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Game stuck

[Post New]by seventh on Feb 4, 15 12:26 PM
When I get to the coroner's office and click on the bulletin board my cursor disappears. The only way out is ctrl alt delete. I can't continue the game. What can I do? I'm over 50% through and I don't want to start over.

[Post New]by atalyab on Feb 21, 15 12:39 AM
I've gotten to the church stage, where I'm supposed to solve the cross puzzle. However after a few tries it's stuck and I can't locate the key on the cross again (when I try the reaction is like the one when trying to place an object to a scene that doesn't fit).
I have tries going to other locations then back, resetting the puzzle, going to menu then back, restarting the game and also can't skip the puzzle. This seems as a technical issue and I cannot complete the game without solving it, please help.

[Post New]by Lifealope on Mar 23, 15 6:39 PM
I have a problem. My cursor will not show up in game. I know it is there because if I move my mouse around, the options at the bottom light up, and I can click them. I have tried changing the game's compatibility, I have disabling all mouse options, and I have tried re-installing the game. I even bought a different mouse. Please help!

[Post New]by KarenEvans3106 on Apr 2, 15 4:56 AM
Hi, I think I have a glitch. I am at the end of Chapter 7 and it is telling me to match some spirit drawings, but I don't have any. I have tried returning to Cassandra to get some, but I cannot access her once in the motel room. Help.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 2, 15 11:20 AM
Hi there,

I'm so sorry to hear that some players are experiencing issues with a cursor and/or paintings not appearing. Definitely doesn't make things fun. I can definitely see how frustrating this can be.

It may be helpful to check out the following help page in regards to ensuring that the video card driver is up to date:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are still seeing these issues, you are more than welcome to contact our Technical Support Team. They are always willing to further troubleshoot.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by bfgGAGE121003 on Jul 24, 15 11:56 AM
the heavy ball on top of outside of castle, I picked it up but doesn't show in inventory?

[Post New]by zannar3 on Jan 13, 16 10:24 AM
My game keeps going back to the 'you own this game-play again page' it won't do anything else at all. tried installing again with the same problem. still waiting for a reply from customer services. If I can't play the game I want my money back!

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

cannot play bonus game

[Post New]by lvfao on Jun 3, 16 2:31 PM
i have never been able to get into the bonus game. i have received info that it was
unlocked, have received all the things required according to the blogs. it keeps asking for the key i got from the Grimes quarry, which i got but disappeared when
i ued it to unlock the gate. i have logged on with 3 different names to try to get
it opened.

any ideas?

thanks!

Go to: